Author Topic: More Retailer Exclusive Smash Bros. Amiibo Revealed  (Read 3628 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
More Retailer Exclusive Smash Bros. Amiibo Revealed
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »

North Americans are going to have to act quickly.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40014/more-retailer-exclusive-smash-bros-amiibo-revealed

Three different Amiibo from the fourth wave of Super Smash Bros. figures have been confirmed to be retailer exclusive in North America. Jigglypuff will be sold only at Target, Greninja at Toys"R"Us, and Ness at GameStop.

Jigglypuff went live on Target's website earlier today and sold out in approximately 10 minutes. Ness will be sold at GameStop later today via Web-in-Store and on GameStop.com. Pre-orders for Greninja will begin at Toys"R"Us starting April 3rd.

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: More Retailer Exclusive Smash Bros. Amiibo Revealed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
Augh, BULLSHIT!!

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:28:43 PM »
Augh, BULLSHIT!!

Probably what I'd be saying too if i actually gave a **** about amiibos

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:42:01 PM »
I want the Jigglypuff one...  I knew I was toast as soon as I saw the word Target, though.  Fate is cruel.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
Feb 3rd?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »
I'm really going to have to keep an eye out for when the Yoshi ones go on pre-order... it really is a shame that we're doing the retailer exclusive thing yet again, especially for Ness. :C

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 10:49:06 PM »
Let's be honest here: the only retailer these Amiibo will truly end up exclusive to is Ebay. Why even bother posting the retailer assignments at this point?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 10:58:53 PM »
Let's be honest here: the only retailer these Amiibo will truly end up exclusive to is Ebay. Why even bother posting the retailer assignments at this point?

Ha, yeah, basically. Like, I had actually thought to myself that I would pick up a Jigglypuff for my bookshelf as a totem of my Melee glory days. I would have done that for $12. I probably would have even ordered one today if it had come to my attention that they were up, but I am no longer a customer because I wasn't on Target.com for the ten minutes when that was possible.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 01:18:06 AM »
Let's be honest here: the only person these Amiibo will truly end up exclusive to is Uncle Bob. Why even bother posting the retailer assignments at this point?

So true.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 01:35:46 AM »
At this point Nintendo should consider just putting the Amiibo up on eBay themselves, cutting out the middle man.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 02:21:23 AM »
I want to see a Scalper Amiibo to honor the true heroes in helping make Amiibo the runaway success and utter madness it has become.

And because of the hilarity that would ensue with scalpers scalping the Scalper Amiibo. Or better yet, if non-scalpers buy the Scalper Amiibo and then they can scalp the scalpers using the Scalper Amiibo against them forcing the scalpers to have to pay the non-scalpers turned new scalpers in order to get the Scalper Amiibo at scalping prices thereby completeing the scalping cycle.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline peacefulwar

• Localization isn't censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 10:39:36 AM »
**** all this Amiibo nonsense.  I will only buy one other Amiibo, and it will be Zero Suit Samus, and I'll probably have to pay a fucking scalper to do it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 11:25:06 PM »
I want to see a Scalper Amiibo to honor the true heroes in helping make Amiibo the runaway success and utter madness it has become.

And because of the hilarity that would ensue with scalpers scalping the Scalper Amiibo. Or better yet, if non-scalpers buy the Scalper Amiibo and then they can scalp the scalpers using the Scalper Amiibo against them forcing the scalpers to have to pay the non-scalpers turned new scalpers in order to get the Scalper Amiibo at scalping prices thereby completeing the scalping cycle.

That's a lot of scalps.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast