Author Topic: I love lag that stops the match for a minute!  (Read 5236 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I love lag that stops the match for a minute!
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »
Enough time to go take a bathroom break!

But seriously, those matches I played with vudu and UncleBob, they were BAD...

It was actually quite hilarious when you see someone get a big item like an AT or Smashball, then you wait a minute and in the next frame you see everyone else trying to bail out...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: I love lag that stops the match for a minute!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
Where are you at, Bill?  Our matches were fine, until you joined in. ;)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »
Did you guys play with Bill after I left? Awwwwwww.
I was in battle with UncleBob and Luke (vudu I suppose?) and at one point in particular in the new Metroid stage, where the lava level is always changing to dangerous levels, it was bad (the lag), like really bad, so bad my dad came to my room started talking to me and I didn't even have to look at the screen lol, but 90%+ of the matches were virtually lag free to me.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »
But seriously, those matches I played with vudu and UncleBob, they were BAD...

It didn't help that Bob selected a mode where you're pretty much dead after a single good hit.  One wrong move and you're toast.  Still, it was fun.

I was in battle with UncleBob and Luke (vudu I suppose?)

Try VUDU:D

Ceric and I tried some home run contest, and it wasn't working out too well.  Never has the lack of communication between players bothered me more.  A mode like that requires total cooperation between players, and I can't even tell Ceric to get on the other side of the bag to even out the movement.  BAH.

Also, if Bob ever tried to get you to play a 15-minute multi-man melee with him, DON'T.  He doesn't believe in the word teamwork and he just sits there casting Pika-Thunder over and over again for seven minutes until he dies.  JERK.

I played some hella fun coin matches against Svevan, Ceric and Traag.  Not counting the occasional 5-second freeze up, they played pretty well.  Which is great considering Svevan's in Oregon, I'm in Chicago, Ceric's in Tennessee, and Traag's in Florida.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:42:19 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »
Actually that's incredible, I didn't realize we were so geographically diverse.

One special note to Traag though: enough with the fire emblem characters!

and a special note to vudu: saying "pwned" after you beat someone isn't NICE
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:49:08 PM »
and a special note to vudu: saying "pwned" after you beat someone isn't NICE
I can see how that would be annoying.  Especially considering I win so often. :D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GeneralTraag

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:53:18 PM »

One special note to Traag though: enough with the fire emblem characters!

I will continue to use the Fire Emblem characters against you!

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »
as a form of civil disobedience, I will do absolutely nothing in response to this injustice
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
Real men play on random.  Anything else is pansy.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »
Real men play on random.  Anything else is pansy.

Says the guy with that avatar
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »
Also, if Bob ever tried to get you to play a 15-minute multi-man melee with him, DON'T.  He doesn't being in the word teamwork and he just sits there casting Pika-Thunder over and over again for seven minutes until he dies.  JERK.

To be fair, I think I killed the most enemies while playing.  Had you protected from the side, I was doing great from the top - we could have beat it...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 11:44:01 PM »
PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA!  PIKA! 

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
My plan would have worked, if you just knew my plan. Pika.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »
You can play multi-man brawls online??? :o
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »
Only UB can. He figured out how to unlock it.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64