Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1163208 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4400 on: October 26, 2020, 03:32:33 PM »
Looks like Oscar Isaac's may be Marvel's Moon Knight in the upcoming Disney+ series
https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knight-oscar-isaac-marvel-1234602805/

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4401 on: October 26, 2020, 04:50:55 PM »
Good for him. Those Disney checks must be treating him well.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: November 12, 2020, 12:28:58 AM »
According to this, Fantastic Four is in development

https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1220-thursday-november-12-2020-208-listings-46-pages/

I wonder how long before we start hearing some casting news.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: November 12, 2020, 04:36:08 PM »
I'd hope fantastic four is in development... they bought 20th century fox a while ago. That was a lot of money.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4404 on: November 13, 2020, 12:36:18 AM »
I kinda hope Fantastic Four is used as a Disney + series.  It needs more time to develop than a movie.  That is one of the biggest problems with the movies.  You have a villain and 4 heroes with pretty sophisticated relationships with each other to develop in a movie along with a plot.  Either Disney+ this thing, or put them in as extended cameos before launching their movie/series. 

I thought Mr. Fantastic is a perfect person to add to the universe now that Tony Stark isn't around.  We can get a new brainy character. 

ļ»æ

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: November 13, 2020, 11:39:49 AM »

Looks like the MCU Phase 4 starts Jan 15!!!
Everyone completing a re-watch better plan accordingly.

And yes, it will be a weekly drop.

And here are some articles to read while you wait šŸ˜
https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/12/21562411/wandavision-premiere-date-disney-plus-marvel-studios-elizabeth-olsen-paul-bettany

https://ew.com/tv/wandavision-marvel-cover-story/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F1tAQ5453k

And as a reminder, this was originally supposed to come out in 2021.
We were supposed to have 3 movies and another D+ show released before this in 2020.
Black Widow
Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Shang Chi
Eternals

2021 is going to be a an MCU Explosion as all the following were supposed to come out too and are actively in some form of production:
Thor: Love and Thunder
Loki
What If!
Hawkeye
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 12:04:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: November 20, 2020, 01:34:25 AM »
Who wants to see Kamala Khan on set as Capt Marvel!?

https://twitter.com/cosmic_marvel/status/1329535483374833664?s=20

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4408 on: November 20, 2020, 05:22:57 PM »
Marvel/Disney is rolling out the good news! "Totes excite" as the kids say.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: November 20, 2020, 09:38:21 PM »
and Black Panther 2 starts shooting in July 2021
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-sequel-shoot-to-begin-in-july-exclusive

i wonder if they recast BP, bring back Killmonger, pass the mantle to Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, or Nakian OR crown a new character all together.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:40:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: November 21, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »
Recast Black Panther; bring back Killmonger anyway.

Chadwick Boseman played the character in four movies, three of which were supporting roles. Choosing not to recast would be like saying no one can play the Joker again after Heath Ledgerā€™s tragic passing (I know it isnā€™t a 1:1 comparison). The Black Panther/Tā€™Challa character is bigger than the actor who played him. Itā€™s too important culturally. Writing Tā€™Challa out of the entire MCU is way too drastic. Dedicate Black Panther 2 to Boseman and add a special Marvel logo of him. If Marvel wants to eventually pass the Black Panther mantle to Shuri, thatā€™s fine, but Iā€™m in favor of continuing Tā€™Challaā€™s story for at least Phases 4 and 5, maybe 6.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:49:50 PM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: November 21, 2020, 09:19:24 PM »
I feel the same way.
Chadwick was good in the part, he brought it to the screen, and gave it life, but he doesn't own the role nor the character.

Recast. Give tribute. end credit dedication.
Throw an easter egg in the background to a deepfake of Chadwick with the former Black Panthers on the other side. But do not kill off T'Challa long before his story is done.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4412 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:17 PM »
Chadwick Boseman will be forever loved and remembered for playing that role.  I know fans will always be thankful for the time and dedication he put into the character.  But the show does have to go on.

I think if they don't want to recast right away, there are some comic book plots where Shuri and even Killmonger (which I guess they kinda used already) temporarily take up the role as Black Panther.  It could give them some time to take a breather from T'Challa before bringing him back with a new actor.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:43:17 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: November 24, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
Kevin Feige did an interview about Wandavision the other day.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/wandavision-explores-scarlet-witch-power-set-kevin-feige-exclusive/

Here a choice quotes regarding..... mutants!?
Elizabeth Olsenā€™s character, aka Scarlet Witch, might have proved she was more powerful than we were ever aware of at the end of Endgame, but audiences are about to understand her a whole lot better ā€“ including what exactly she can do with those Mind Stone-imbued powers. ā€œIf you look at the Infinity Saga, I donā€™t think any single person has gone through more pain and trauma than Wanda Maximoff. And no character seems to be as powerful as Wanda Maximoff. And no character has a power-set that is as ill-defined and unexplored as Wanda Maximoff,ā€ MCU boss Kevin Feige tells Empire. ā€œSo it seemed exploring that would be worthwhile post-Endgame. Who else is aware of that power? Where did it come from? Did the Mind Stone unlock it?ā€

and one describing the depth of the TV show references/influences in the show:
ā€œI loved TV, and watched far too much The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy and Bewitched and everything,ā€ Feige says of his viewing habits as a kid. And while the bits weā€™ve seen of WandaVision so far tease homages to old black-and-white series, it has plenty more up its sleeve. ā€œWe go up to the Modern Family and The Office style,ā€ Feige reveals. ā€œThe talk-to-the-camera, shaky-camera, documentary style.ā€

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4414 on: November 27, 2020, 06:17:30 AM »
I agree with all of you Black Panther is too important of a character to just switch out.  He was going to be a core character to the vision of the future Marvel Universe.  He is one of the few properties to bridge the first 3 phases with the new generation of phases coming in the future.  It will also cheapen the universe and world building they have had since they only really did his origin story...getting rid of him now forgoes a lot of exploring that very interesting part of the Marvel Universe.  We have already had at least 2 actor changes in the MCU and I don't think it is that big of a deal. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: November 28, 2020, 03:05:15 AM »
If I were Disney I'd make all actors do insurance line readings. I've actually thought about this for years. I need to hook up with a good venture capitalist so I can create a little studio that makes insurance content for big studios. Every actor when they're young needs to get into a big room filled with 5000 cameras and reads phonemes, and then when their old they'll always be able to play a young person. Deep fakes are created by a bunch of photos gathered from random movies, but what if you captured them intentionally with perfect lighting?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: November 28, 2020, 04:52:55 AM »
I get the idea behind that, but there's an awful lot of potential for abuse there and I doubt actors are going to want to sign away their likeness to Disney forever.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: November 28, 2020, 12:04:43 PM »
I get the idea behind that, but there's an awful lot of potential for abuse there and I doubt actors are going to want to sign away their likeness to Disney forever.

What if this is a service done directly for the actors, that can be provided for studio use (for an agreed upon fee), at the request of the actor, or their surviving family.

Maybe the studios never need it, but for the actors, it's like any other insurance, except you only pay for it once, unless you need updates....
Or maybe the insurance provider also stores your digital likeness masters for a monthly fee as well, being able to provide them on a moments notice at the request of the insured.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4418 on: November 28, 2020, 02:44:30 PM »

What if this is a service done directly for the actors, that can be provided for studio use (for an agreed upon fee), at the request of the actor, or their surviving family.

Maybe the studios never need it, but for the actors, it's like any other insurance, except you only pay for it once, unless you need updates....
Or maybe the insurance provider also stores your digital likeness masters for a monthly fee as well, being able to provide them on a moments notice at the request of the insured.

The contracts would have to be iron-clad so that the actors couldn't get screwed out of movie for "scheduling conflicts" or be used to film scenes the actor didn't feel comfortable with.  Then, you'd have to make sure only the surviving family can approve and hope they make good decisions with the footage.  Like, I'd hate for a beloved actor like Chadwick to suddenly appear in ads he'd likely never do while alive.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: November 29, 2020, 06:48:40 PM »
Save Daredevil Trends as Rights Officially Return to Marvel

Except bring back Ben Affleck because I want the internet salt.

Seriously though, to piggy back off the discussion in the Disney+ thread, bringing back these shows would help justify the subscription for me with a caveat or two:

No reboot. Do not recast.

To fully transition these characters into the MCU umbrella, it would be cool to see Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock show up in Spider-Man: Home Run Derby as Peterā€™s lawyer and definitely in Disney+ā€™s own She-Hulk show for lawyer hijinks.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4420 on: November 29, 2020, 07:03:03 PM »
Agreed.  They have mature content that's a proven hit, they can capitalize on it by picking these shows back up and putting them on D+.  There's also so much they can do creatively with these established characters.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: November 30, 2020, 12:48:25 PM »

The contracts would have to be iron-clad so that the actors couldn't get screwed out of movie for "scheduling conflicts" or be used to film scenes the actor didn't feel comfortable with.  Then, you'd have to make sure only the surviving family can approve and hope they make good decisions with the footage.  Like, I'd hate for a beloved actor like Chadwick to suddenly appear in ads he'd likely never do while alive.

I doubt the acting/film guilds would ever approve of this on a substantive scale. They would argue it cheapens the value and skills of an actor.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4422 on: December 01, 2020, 01:03:46 AM »
Actually I think if they bring Daredevil and the other shows to D+ I hope the newer seasons tone some of the gore down.  I don't mind mature content, but in my Marvel comic book movies I want to watch them with my family as soon as possible. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 01, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »
Daredevil rights have reverted back to Marvel, but I don't really want them to bring back the actors for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Mike Coulter is just a dull actor. But he appears to have the emotional range of off and dim. He physically fits the role, but he can't draw an audience and keep them there.

Finn or whatever his name was for Iron Fist just wasn't very convincing to me. The show also wasn't very good, but his martial arts were amateurish at best, and couldn't even be saved with body doubles.

They can bring back all the supporting characters, but those two mains need to be recast.

Charlie Cox was great as Daredevil
Vincent D'Onifro was good as Kingpin
Kristen Ritter was good as Jessica Jones
Misty Knight and Colleen Wig were both perfectly fine
And Punisher was really good too.

And speaking of D+, it looks like Hawkeye about to get under way real soon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:34:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4424 on: December 01, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »
Mike Coulter is just a dull actor. But he appears to have the emotional range of off and dim. He physically fits the role, but he can't draw an audience and keep them there.

Hard disagree here.  I loved him in the role and hope they can keep him.