Author Topic: 3DS-Focused Nintendo Direct Coming This Wednesday  (Read 9491 times)

Offline house3136

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS-Focused Nintendo Direct Coming This Wednesday
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
 This is most likely for Nintendo to make any official announcements ahead of their 3DS press event.

For Wii U, I feel Nintendo is holding off a ND until they can confirm the system update that is supposedly coming this month. I certainly don’t think they should announce any new projects ahead of E3, though. Regardless of whether Nintendo wants to address the Wii U situation, Iwata will have to in next weeks financial briefing and shareholders Q&A. If Nintendo still can’t even set release dates for Pikmin 3, W101, Game & Wario, or Wii fit U in the next two months for a “blow out” at E3, it’s going to do nothing more than cause skepticism among current and future Wii U owners.

Here’s what will happen at the Q&A:
Shareholder: Wii U sales are poor, what is your plan to fix this; what games do you have for the system?

Iwata: We have a very robust lineup of games planned for the second half of the year geared to pick up momentum on Wii U and secure a profit this term. However, we cannot give any specific details about any future projects. 

Shareholder/Public: But isn’t this exactly what you have said, and failed to procure, for the first half of the year?

Iwata: Please understand.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
As for the Prime series, I don't know why Prime 3 never really caught on, but Prime 1 was a million seller on the GameCube, which was impressive for its time and the install base of the GameCube.  If Nintendo announced a Prime 4 as their "One more thing", it would at least get people interested in the possibility of buying a Wii U.

Prime 3 was also a million seller.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2008/080425e.pdf

Metriod Prime 3: Corruption - 1.31 million

And these sales were from the end of March 31st 2008, when the game was over 6 months old, so those were all sold at full price as well.  For all we know the sales could be quite higher since this was the last time Nintendo released numbers for the game.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
Just want a Mario Golf release date, and hey here's a crazy thought, announcing more Game Boy/Game Boy Color /Game Boy Advance games that will be released on the eshop soon!

And Miiverse added to 3DS. That would be enough for me.

Everything else is a bonus.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:58 AM »
Metroid Other M 2.

Believe.

* Shaymin has sufficiently lowered expectations
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:10 AM »
Let me clarify a few things:
1) I liked the Prime series.  I have three copies of one, a copy of two, a copy of three and a copy of the Trilogy.  And Hunters.  And Pinball.
2) I liked MOM.  Really enjoyed it - probably even more so than the Prime series.

With that said, Prime's sales were good.  Heck, they were *great* by most standards.  But, by Nintendo standards...  Nintendo regularly has titles that sell 5 million or more copies.  A million selling title is fine - but isn't something to sing home about for Nintendo.

A "One more thing..." for Wii U/E3 needs to be something huge and amazing.

Like Pokemon Wii U.  Full-fledged  X/Y follow-up, only for Wii U.  Online play, exclusive Pokemon, crazy challenges, etc., etc.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:24 AM »
Bring on the Directs.  E3 doesn't mean jack for announcements anymore. Most of any companies' smaller games just get buried under the weight of the few incredibly telegraphed big announcements anyway.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:24 AM »
1) I liked the Prime series.  I have three copies of one, a copy of two, a copy of three and a copy of the Trilogy.  And Hunters.  And Pinball.
2) I liked MOM.  Really enjoyed it - probably even more so than the Prime series.

With that said, Prime's sales were good.  Heck, they were *great* by most standards.  But, by Nintendo standards...  Nintendo regularly has titles that sell 5 million or more copies.  A million selling title is fine - but isn't something to sing home about for Nintendo.

Like Pokemon Wii U.  Full-fledged  X/Y follow-up, only for Wii U.  Online play, exclusive Pokemon, crazy challenges, etc., etc.

Metroid may not be huge overall, but it is huge for the kind of people they need to appeal to in their press conference. Mainstream stuff can come earlier or in Nintendo Directs.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 07:14:47 AM »
I'd actually argue the other way around.  Nintendo Directs aren't covered by the mainstream media, nor are they televised.  E3 is.  The general audience is more likely to hear about something out of E3 than a Nintendo Direct.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:08 PM »

Honestly I take a Pokemon Z which was the Console version of X/Y so I could play the game with my son.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 05:25:24 AM »
All I need is new F-Zero, on ANY system, and I'm happy.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
Just want a Mario Golf release date, and hey here's a crazy thought, announcing more Game Boy/Game Boy Color /Game Boy Advance games that will be released on the eshop soon!

It's been almost 2 years since Nintendo said GBA games would not come to the 3DS eShop, I wonder when people will stop expecting it to happen?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:05 AM »

It's been almost 2 years since Nintendo said GBA games would not come to the 3DS eShop, I wonder when people will stop expecting it to happen?
True, and Iwata reiterated today that GBA games would be coming to Wii U VC.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »

It's been almost 2 years since Nintendo said GBA games would not come to the 3DS eShop[citation needed], I wonder when people will stop expecting it to happen?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »

It's been almost 2 years since Nintendo said GBA games would not come to the 3DS eShop[citation needed], I wonder when people will stop expecting it to happen?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/nintendo-3ds-price-drops-from-249-to-169-august-12th-current/

"By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future."
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
1. That doesn't say GBA, just those ten specific games.
2. Saying they have "no plans" is nowhere near the same thing as saying they weren't going to do it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/no-mother-earthbound-releases-according-to-nintendo-customer-support

I can see why you want to see the Mother/Earthbound series released in the Americas, but at this time we have no plans to release them in this market, either on disc or via download.

"no plans" ≠ "not happening"

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:13 PM »
The fact that almost 2 years later they have not even HINTED at releasing them or any other GBA game on the eShop should also help kill people still thinking it will happen. I would be interested in GBA games coming out on 3DS, but it seems clear to me that there is little chance of it happening and the chance drops even more the more time passes.

UB, the big difference is that in the past both Iwata and Reggie said they know how much gamers wanted EarthBound and Reggie even hinted it could happen.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
TJ: It was twenty years since Nintendo last released a Mother/Earthbound title in the states and that hasn't killed people's hopes of it happening.  A mere two years is nothing.

I'm sure if you asked Reggie about GBA titles as downloads on the 3DS, you'd probably get a similar generic response of "We know that fans want this, but at this time, we have no plans to announce."

"No plans" isn't even the most honest of things.  I'm pretty sure that up until a few days before the DS Lite was announced, Nintendo was denying that they were releasing a redesign of the DS...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2013, 12:30:50 PM »
01/25/2006
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/25/ds-redesign-pushes-back/
According to DSAdvance, when Yarton was asked for some hard facts on the potential redesign, he replied,"That's been rumoured, I don't know for how long, but we haven't got any plans at the moment. Nothing I know of."

01/26/2006
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/26/nintendo-announces-ds-lite/
Nintendo just emailed us the following announcement of the redesign of the Nintendo DS (dual screen) handheld.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:23 PM »
Except I JUST said that Nintendo had at least hinted at it before now. And EB did not really get a lot of mainstream attention until Smash Bros. came out.

Until there are at least hints of it happening, people should stop acting like GBA games will ever come out on 3DS.

And it was only the head of Nintendo of Europe who denied DS Lite, and it would be a shocker if he even knew about the DS Lite before Iwata announced it (so as far as he knew, there was no re-design coming).

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »
You're right.  I'm sure the head of the third largest branch of Nintendo had NO idea a new hardware design was coming out a day before NCL announced it. :D

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »
Nintendo of Europe, especially until a few years ago, has been generally clueless about things. And people in power being kept out of the loop is not new. The biggest example I can think of is Harry Truman not knowing about the building of the atomic bomb until he became president (and he had been the vice president).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2013, 12:41:23 PM »
STOP TAWKING ABOUT POLITIX.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 12:42:04 PM »
...I swear, I don't get paid enough for this...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »
It wasn't politics, it was about history (specifically something that happened 67 years ago). And it wasn't even politically related.