Author Topic: Bandai + Namco on board for the Revolution...  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Fro

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bandai + Namco on board for the Revolution...
« on: May 23, 2005, 07:00:24 AM »
No big surprise, but nice to see some official confirmation.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/618/618226p1.html

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
RE: Bandai + Namco on board for the Revolution...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 07:36:35 AM »
i just read that. sounds good.  hopefully they'll put their good games on it so we don't get left with the scraps.  tekken, so cal, tales, gaynosaga, ace combat, time crisis, smash court, and so forth need to come to revolution.  

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 07:43:10 AM »
Well Bandai is a bit of a suprise, but Namco is a given since they have a good relationship with Nintendo.  Majestco is making  the Darkness, Sqare-Enix is making FF:CC and EA is pretty much set in stone also.  I hope Koei supports Nrev i really like the Danasty Warrior franchise.  There is also rumors that Square is making Dragon Quest for the Nrev will havta see about that one as the Nrev will havta have some good RPG's to launch.  Maybe since the 360 is getting FF maybe we can get a port also.    

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 07:51:47 AM »
Great news.

I'm guessing Namco are going to bring SC3 to Revolution, since they aren't releasing it on GameCube, despite the huge userbase of fans SC2 has already attracted to the Nintendo userbase.

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
RE:Bandai + Namco on board for the Revolution...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:58:07 AM »
I found some more rumors of games that are in development for the Nrev.  Here is the whole article:

RUMOR #2: One bigmouthed developer has leaked a boatload of details on the Nintendo Revolution.

Source: The forums of E-mpire.com.

The official story: "Nintendo does not comment on rumors or speculation."--Nintendo spokesperson.

What we heard: Hot on the heels of last week's rumor that the Revolution might include 3D technology is a rebuttal saying that it won't. It comes courtesy of an anonymous former Nintendo employee who is now developing games for his former employer's next-generation console. Besides trashing the 3D rumors, the ex-Nintendite reveals many features about the console. He or she says the Revolution will have wireless pressure-sensitive controllers that will add a new level of force feedback. "It will be sort of like controlling a game with one of those stress balls," said the source. "You squeeze it, and you go faster." The source also said the Revolution "will also include voice control more advanced than anything seen so far," and it will come with wireless headsets. He also said the Revolution will come with an online service superior to Xbox Live...but totally free. "The only way I can describe it is as an Internet service," said the poster. "Imagine turning it on and checking your mail on the system. You see previews and demos of DS and Revolution games that you can download. A magazine similar to Nintendo Power will be exclusive to the system, and you will be able to access it on the Revolution’s home page." The source also said that besides Nintendo, which has at least seven next-gen titles in development, Capcom, Namco, EA, Sega, Zoonami, and Activision are all currently working on Revolution games. However, the poster remained coy about what the exact "Revolution" would be. "I’m not going to tell you the revolutionary aspect of the system. Nintendo has some cool pre-E3 plans for that."

Bogus or not bogus?: Interesting? Most definitely. Bogus, perhaps? We'll see at E3.

The article can be found here

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 08:04:10 AM »

Originally posted by: LuWoo75
Well Bandai is a bit of a suprise, but Namco is a given since they have a good relationship with Nintendo.

They're the same company now. You get the good one and you get Bandai too

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 08:07:57 AM »
Ah I think I remember that now didnt they merge serveral months ago?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 08:24:06 AM »

Originally posted by: LuWoo75
Well Bandai is a bit of a suprise, but Namco is a given since they have a good relationship with Nintendo.  Majestco is making  the Darkness, Sqare-Enix is making FF:CC and EA is pretty much set in stone also.  I hope Koei supports Nrev i really like the Danasty Warrior franchise.  There is also rumors that Square is making Dragon Quest for the Nrev will havta see about that one as the Nrev will havta have some good RPG's to launch.  Maybe since the 360 is getting FF maybe we can get a port also.

I think if I was Square I'd consider moving Dragon Quest to Nintendo systems exclusively. They always get ignored on the Playstations, especially in the US, in favor of the more mainstream FF. In fact, were I them, I'd just leave the Squaresoft stuff on PS3 and bring all of Enix's titles to the Rev. It seems like they saw a lot more success on the NES and SNES than they ever saw on Sony systems.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 12:20:27 PM »

I think if I was Square I'd consider moving Dragon Quest to Nintendo systems exclusively. They always get ignored on the Playstations, especially in the US, in favor of the more mainstream FF. In fact, were I them, I'd just leave the Squaresoft stuff on PS3 and bring all of Enix's titles to the Rev. It seems like they saw a lot more success on the NES and SNES than they ever saw on Sony systems.

Ahh man, that would be so sweet. Screw Square, give me Enix! Who knows, maybe we'll see more support from Squenix next gen. And I don't mean stupid spin-offs like CC.  
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 12:25:59 PM »
LuWoo75 all that was part of the Aries fiasco, ignore it.
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 01:21:41 PM »
"I think if I was Square I'd consider moving Dragon Quest to Nintendo systems exclusively. They always get ignored on the Playstations, especially in the US, in favor of the more mainstream FF."

That only applies in the US where Dragon Quest isn't that huge.  In Japan Dragon Quest VII sold HUGE on the Playstation.  I think it might have been the best selling Playstation game there.

As for Namco it's nice to see Nintendo hasn't scared somebody off.

Offline LuWoo75

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 01:22:27 PM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
LuWoo75 all that was part of the Aries fiasco, ignore it.

Ah man that sux that was sounding really cool too.  What was the deal with that Aries dude?  I didn't follow that situation that closely.