Author Topic: E3 2010 Predictions  (Read 10685 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
E3 2010 Predictions
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »
Here is my predictions for Nintendo:

Nintendo DS 2 or new hand held reveal with possible release date in 2011.

wii HD

Kid Icarus, Star Fox and F-Zero wii for 2011

Super Smash Brothers DS

Fourth Metroid Prime game

Rareware virtual console games(Golden Eye 007, etc)

Grand Theft Auto wii(please happen)

DS-to-wii player like the gameboy advance player for the Gamecube.

wii movie and audio player that allows movies and music play back along with the new Netflix connectivity.

wii hard drive connectivity via USB port for storing movies.

Virtual console games will become a priority again with massive releases of good games from Square and other companies.

Legend of Zelda wii game play trailer and title reveal.

Nintendo will announce that SEGA Saturn games will be coming to virtual conole.

Prices for virtual console games drop by two points each.

Wii No Ma will be released in the states.

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2010 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
Wow, the only one of those I would think has any real chance of happening is the Zelda reveal, which even Michael Pachter could see coming.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:51:16 PM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
What are your predictions?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »
Here is my predictions for Nintendo:

Nintendo DS 2 or new hand held reveal with possible release date in 2010.

wii HD

Kid Icarus, Star Fox and F-Zero wii for 2011

Super Smash Brothers DS

Fourth Metroid Prime game

Rareware virtual console games(Golden Eye 007, etc)

Grand Theft Auto wii(please happen)

DS-to-wii player like the gameboy advance player for the Gamecube.

wii movie and audio player that allows movies and music play back along with the new Netflix connectivity.

wii hard drive connectivity via USB port for storing movies.

Virtual console games will become a priority again with massive releases of good games from Square and other companies.

Legend of Zelda wii game play trailer and title reveal.

Nintendo will announce that SEGA Saturn games will be coming to virtual console.

Prices for virtual console games drop by two points each.

Wii No Ma will be released in the states. 

everything crossed out is not very likely to just plain not gonna happen.
I also expect the announcement of all those Wii colors that they revealed at the reveal of the Wii back in 2006. Like Black..... seriously, WTF is it Nintendo?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 11:46:18 PM »
The "100 million Miis" news will use up 5 minutes of E3 time as proof that they are literally putting more smiles on more faces.

To illustrate this point, Reggie will appear in smiling clown paint to rough up audience members as he explains Wii's holiday numbers (~30 minutes)

Miyamoto will then be brought in, stiff as a board, on a stretcher to the shock of all attendees. "Ahh, so relaxing" he says as he leaps up with the Vitality Sensor in hand. For about 20 minutes he'll explain Nintendo's new game play ideas that are made possible with the new peripheral but won't be implemented in any games until November.

After that, pipes full of beach sand will burst above the audience (live-action-Jungle-Book-style) to total pandemonium. Miyamoto will joke about how everyone needs to calm down if they want to be ready for Vitality Sensor games, since the sand is really just to set the mood for vigorous Motion Plus Wave Race and Wii Surfing demonstrations by a wet-suit wearing Iwata and Cammi (~10 minutes).

"Nintendoes to your waistline what HD does to your wallet"
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:48:36 PM »
The Sega Saturn is damn near impossible to emulate correctly; that and the CD medium mean it's never coming to the VC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:33:16 PM »
The Sega Saturn is damn near impossible to emulate correctly; that and the CD medium mean it's never coming to the VC.
Second that. The Saturn BIOS is hell to emulate, but I heard the arcade board used in Sega's arcade games during the Saturn was easier to emulate.

Also, I must be failing as a Nintendo fan... what the hell is Wii no Ma?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 01:47:04 PM »
what the hell is Wii no Ma?
Wii no Ma

Japan-only video-on-demand service.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 01:49:29 PM »
Those predictions are absolutely outrageous! Wouldn't it be amazing if just 3 of those things happend?

Lets see now, for the last... 3 E3's i've been saying Star Fox, Kid Icarus, and F-Zero will be coming. There is some hope, but at this point there really is nothing suggesting that Nintendo is working on any of them. As a matter of fact, Miyamoto said recently he doesn't know what he wants to do with Star Fox, and some other crap about IGN saying Icarus was being made, and now it aint.

Those games will get their revival on the Nintendo 6.

Hey Kytim89, how old are you? Your predictions just remind me of other predictions of days long past on PlanteGameCube.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:53:58 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
We'll see at least 10 minutes dedicated to Nintendo patting themselves on the back.  Wii Relax will get the most time.  Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid will be shown.  Nothing by Retro Studios will be shown.  Something that's pretty cool and targetted at core gamers will not be shown at the conference and just be somewhat sneaked in Nintendo's press kit with no fanfare.  No Wii third party games with any real potential will be announced.

We'll probably see something to do with Zelda but I don't expect anything playable.  After the little peak last year Nintendo can't just ignore it.  I figure Dragon Quest X has to show its face at some point but they might save it for a Japanese show.  We may see something new besides Wii Relax but there's no guarantees of that.  I'm iffy about a DS follow-up.  I think Nintendo will wait until the last possible moment to show that so as to not have any effect on DSi sales.  They want rubes to buy a DSi unaware that it will be obsolete two weeks later.

I think Nintendo may also announce something really strange, unrelated to games, and incredibly uninteresting.  Like some sort of recipe exchanging channel or something like that that Miyamoto will just be super thrilled to talk about but will have nothing to do with videogames at all.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
Half-hour of charts and numbers, please.

I want to see 3rd party company stocks drop in value that same hour.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »
prediction: Ninendo will blow up a peice of japan and set it adrift into the sea, and rename it WuHu island or whatever that island in wiifit is, i can't be bothered to look it up right now
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
Mother Trilogy released on VC/WiiWare (Mother 3 ported to WiiWare), Chrono Cross director's cut on Wii and Chrono Break Wii-exclusive in 2011...
... oops, dreaming again.

- Zelda Wii trailer, internet kills half of the world's kitten population.
- 3rd parties get no time. At all.
- No hardware announcements.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »
Mother Trilogy released on VC/WiiWare (Mother 3 ported to WiiWare), Chrono Cross director's cut on Wii and Chrono Break Wii-exclusive in 2011...

- 3rd parties get no time. At all.
- No hardware announcements.

I was about to be ignorant and bash your post without reading onward until I realized you didn't say "metrdoi prime trilogy".

Now i wanna stab you for making my eyes rain :"(
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 07:44:08 PM »
Here are my wishes (practical and far fetched)
  • We get confirmation that the following are coming to the West: Tact of Magic, Cosmic Walker, Span Smasher and Regileiv for Wii and ASH and Soma Bringer for DS
  • Vitality Sensor demo includes more than WiiRelax like a potential survival horror and/or non-WiiFit like game application
  • That the non-WiiRelax demo/title will be Eternal Darkness 2 or other Psychological Horror title from Silicone Knights
  • DSiWare Virtual Console announced/confirmed for West with GB, GBC, GBA, Gamegear and Wonderswan titles planned.
  • Surprise reveal that Fatal Frame 4 is going to be coming to the West after all
  • NPC Pikmin 2 and Chibi Robo coming to West
  • Pikmin 3 reveal
  • Actual Zelda Wii trailer
  • Metroid Other M playable
  • We see major DSi exclusive titles
  • We find out what the hell Game Zero was by Zoonami (LOL)
Chrono Cross director's cut on Wii and Chrono Break Wii-exclusive in 2011...
I. Freaking. Wish.

LOL
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
Every game company will collapse into EA and we will get John Madden's The Legend of Metal Gear Sonic: Reach
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
nintendo partners with tivo, makes Wii Tivo, HD, DVR, and just for kicks plays blue rays. The commercial will be an animation of the Wii Tivo recording a PS3 commercial "for posterity"

The DSiPhone, uses android, two touch screens, open to any carrier, lets you play real games and make calls, has skype video. will come with the Pokemon MMO preinstalled. home screen is reggie eating an apple.

Wii Resort is launched, nintendo buys and island that is a theme park that has all the parts of Wii Sports and Resort and Play and adds in Pilot Wings, and life sized mario levels. This is the only place in the world where you will be able to play Kid Icarus.

Ends with Miyamoto Saying "All your base!" and the croud responding "ARE BELONG TO YOU!"