Author Topic: Topic of the Day (2020 Edition)  (Read 329743 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Day
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »
I probably would have left the forums if I had to deal with forum-user Miyamoto incessantly gloating and disrupting whole threads.
Would you be okay with the real Miyamoto doing this?
Obviously.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 10:43:12 PM »
I probably would have left the forums if I had to deal with forum-user Miyamoto incessantly gloating and disrupting whole threads.
Would you be okay with the real Miyamoto doing this?
Obviously.

Wait? You're saying that wasn't actually Miyamoto on these forums dunking on the new generation of Nintendo product developers in the company?  :o :o :o

Honestly, I probably wouldn't bump that thread if Miyamoto had ever come back and posted on here about being sorry for taking his prediction so personal and getting hyperbolic about it. Maybe if he'd have also self-mocked himself or something at how wrong a lot of his statements ended up being. Chances are, he'd have learned a lesson and been a bit more humble and open to other opinions aside from his own if he'd stuck around here after. But he never did and he tripled down on his stance so hard that I like the laugh that thread at least provides now compared to when the whole thing was him getting so smug to everyone without having anything to back that attitude up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:52:05 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:56 PM »
In any case, I guess we will move from one badly aged opinion to another that doesn't look likely to age well either and give JusDBerube the attention he seeks with his negative opinion on Breath of the Wildthat he just can't let go of. If he's still worked up about the game now, I don't know how he's going to cope when it wins the Battle of the Decades for Best Nintendo Game. Topic of the yesterDay.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »
Despite the pleothora of titles being released on Switch's eShop, I find that I rarely get hyped about most of the games it has to offer. Untitled Goose Game was one game that I was hyped in from its initial announcement. Murder By Numbers is another such title that I've been waiting for since I first saw it announced. The idea of a game mixing Ace Attorney like story and characters with Picross puzzles excited me with the potential that could have. I'm not the only one as Neal also mentions having been hopeful that this game could be a winner in his review. As such, I want to highlight this game and the Murder By Numbers Review since it is definitely my Topic of the Day. Does the game deliver on the hype I've been feeling for it? You'll have to read the review to find out...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2020, 09:22:05 PM »
With it being Friday, it is the usual date for another entry in the Best of the 3DS eShop series. With the series not getting the comments and attention that it did during the GB phase, I guess there is little point in trying to keep spacing out the entries for longer discussion so might as well just keep moving it along and getting through the listings in a more regular manner and wrap up the 2012 listings. Congrats Best of the 3DS eShop: 2012 Releases (Part 3) for being Topic of the Day on a slow day that has seen 24 scattered posts over a 24 hour period.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2020, 03:26:01 AM »
Weekend Reading!

Although it may not have much action yet, I'm going with ejamer's What Are You Kickstarting? thread as the headlining Topic of the Day for the weekend. I know kickstarting stuff and Kickstarter in general seems to get a lot of chat on Discord so there's a good chance of carry over here even if it is just people gripping about Kickstarter becoming a corporate tool now.

Other topics of interest:

As always, here's a bit of a round-up on some of the games released for the Switch which received some highly positive scores. The highest rated game for the week, Underhero also was enthusiastically received and nabbed a 9.0.

Meanwhile, Oddmar and Afterparty both managed to score a respectable 8.0 from their reviewers.

Of course, a game is more than just a review score so do try to check out the articles to see what is appealing about those titles and if they might appeal to you also. And don't be shy of leaving your own take or thoughts about any of those titles now or in the future.

As always, you may want to check in and let us know what you are playing or the latest game you've just beat. (Or maybe even do a Reader Review about a game and possibly have that become a Topic of the Day. ;) )

Otherwise, you can always take the plunge and sign-up for the upcoming Metroid Mafia Game. 7 players are in and it would be great to see 9 more as 16 players (or more) often seems to bring about the best games. Or you could always sign-up to try your hand at doing the Topic of the Day for a week. Pokepal148 will get his chance at controlling the content of the thread for this upcoming week. So, if you don't want to see that happen again then you should probably sign-up so that there are other choices to do it.  ;) ;D

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 06:46:56 PM »
Game of the Decade has finally arrived and taken the title of the topic of the day quite decisively. However even so, there is plenty of interesting content on the forums. That said i'm not waiting another decade to name GotD  as the Topic of the Day

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2020, 07:14:30 PM »
There is alot happening on the forums these days and plenty to talk about so I'll probably do some kind of midweek round up tomorrow.

For now, I will embrace the tradition Khushrenada started of using Topic of the Day to shamelessly plug his own threads over threads created by other people by naming the Khushrenada Country Music Festival as Topic of the Day. Will you help us figure out why one of my failed forum threads somehow garnered thousands of views and help us make it the most viewed thread on the forums?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
I know i was planning to do a roundup post but with e3 being canceled seems to have dominated the discussion around here I don't feel I can do it justice while talking about other things.

Either way e3 being canceled has earned that thread a spot as the topic of the day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2020, 08:06:54 PM »
The Coronavirus is taking over and has become the topic of the day. Covid19 coming for us. Are you ready for this?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2020, 09:27:12 PM »
It's kind of died out recently since it kept being overshadowed by Coronavirus but the thread about mortgage rates made for some interesting reading.

TOPIC OF THE DAY!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have time for a full weekend roundup post so I'm going to have to phone this in. Who can think of a better way to do that than to name the Cell phone thread as topic of the day.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:44 PM »
Well, I guess I will continue my domination of the Nintendo Gaming forum by adding yet another of a thread I've created to the top of the discussions currently happening there. While I try to find 4 more players for my Metroid Mafia game, why not incite more Metroid fever on this forum by Running through the Metroid series to allow everyone has probably brought up for every new entry. Still, I think talking about Metroid is always a good Topic of the Day.

(And be prepared for personal begging from me to you to be a part of a different type of Metroid game since Insanolord seems to have lost the ability to post new articles to the NWR Homepage.  :P

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2020, 11:01:40 PM »
Oh shoot! Completely forgot about Topic of the Day.  :-[ You let someone do it for a week and you lose your whole rhythm. I guess it's just been that kind of day. I could have done this hours ago because I knew when it was announced yesterday that today's Indie Direct would be the Topic of the Daaaaaaay-yo.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2020, 05:18:44 PM »
I thought it might generate some action on the forums but it all seems to be happening on Discord. With PS5 specs now being released in the wild, techno-talk is through the roof in General Chat. Personally, spec talk doesn't interest me but it might interest someone else (or you may just want to make jokes about it) so I won't let me feelings on specs keep from naming it as the Topic Of The Day. And if you want to see what others are saying about it then you can Join the Official NWR Discord Server today!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2020, 09:33:42 PM »
Traitor. :ph:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2020, 01:39:29 AM »
I have sometimes noticed on NWR's Discord that there can be an interesting topic for discussion that will arise and get a bit of activity but then can be lost as the conversation and infinite scroll moves on. From time to time, I may pull a topic from there to discuss further here.

It's in the freakin' rules.

However, if you'd like to create a thread on the forums for discussion on the PS5 specs, I'd be happy to include a link to that in the post instead of just referencing Discord only. :D But I don't want to seem like I'm creating every topic for Discussion here. I'm already taking over the Nintendo Gaming forum from past TotD. (And that has now left the door open for pokepal148 to fill the Funhouse with terrible threads. As I take over one subforum, I lose my grasp on another. It's forum whack-a-mole here.  >:( )

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2020, 11:00:57 PM »
Since it seems to be constantly dominating everybody's conversations and affecting how we currently live, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that COVID-19 is still a hot topic for forum users. That constant chatter has made it the Topic of the Day again even if might already feel like the topic of the century at this point.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2020, 03:45:47 PM »
It's here, it's here. Oh lowdy, it's here. Animal Crossing: New Horizons has arrived. Not to be confused with Animal Crossing: New Leaf or New Super Mario Bros. Horizons 2. Millions of gamers are checking out Tom Nook's Pandemic Survival Guide of self-isolating on your own private island and how to craft the necessary tools you'll need to live. If you haven't done so already, you may want to check out Daan's review of the New Horizons in which he boldly withholds giving it a grade until he can judge the online component. Meanwhile, if you want want to meet up with other Islanders or talk about how your VR life is unfolding, you can do so with this flimsily crafted New Horizons Thread or on the NWR Discord. The Topic of the 3 twenty twenty twenty.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2020, 02:53:07 AM »
Weekend Reading!

Didn't forget about Topic of the Day. Just exhibited poor time management skills this weekend and the idea of doing a round-up just seemed harder than usual.  :P My plan was to highlight an older thread from the week: Shaymin's list of games played in Self-Isolation. The COVID-19 talk seems to have no end in sight much like the virus so there are plenty of threads that could be selected in regards to it. However, I thought this topic might be able to generate a bit more interest than it has if others wanted to chime in on their recommendations for any games they might be playing in their own isolation or for others to check out if they are looking for something to play.

Perhaps I'll do a bit of a round up yet and edit that in this thread but I've got a Mafia game to launch as well now so motivation is going to be a big factor on how I feel after that.  ;)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2020, 08:15:34 PM »
I was hoping this would gain traction after seeing it posted late yesterday and I'm glad to see it is getting some activity today. Nothing like some good old Comfort Food talk to assist you in what's for dinner while you play videogames indoors to outlast COVID-19. Topic of the Day - It's what's for dinner!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2020, 07:33:53 PM »
Still no announcement of a Direct?! I think it is getting time to fire Doug Bowser. He's clearly in over his head. Reggie wouldn't let us go this long without news. Reggie knew you had to keep some kind of hype train going for a product even when that product was Wii U. Welp, this wasn't going to be my choice for today's topic but then I don't want to seem like I'm always hoarding this title or self-promoting with it so I'm going to give ejamer another Topic of the Day for his quest to get forum feedback on the Nintendo Virtual Tours. Let's see if making it the Topic of the Day helps get him the info he's after. Now quit hoarding the Topic of the Day from everyone else. It ain't toilet paper.  >:(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »
Today's Topic shall be the next entry in the Best of the eShop series: Best of the 3DS eShop 2013 (Part 1). I just got $60.00 in eShop money and I need to know how to spend it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 06:12:05 PM »
Still no announcement of a Direct?! I think it is getting time to fire Doug Bowser. He's clearly in over his head.

I knew if we put some heat on Doug we'd finally get some action. You're welcome. Normally, I try and link to one singular thread if I can but today's Topic is on the shadow-dropped Mini Direct that happened today and we don't seem to have a singular thread highlighting all the news that came from it today. Instead, I'm just going to post a link to The Talkback Forum and you can scroll through the headlines for info that way and click on the news you want more of. And, of course, there is also the NWR Discord which has also had people chatting away about the various tidbits there. Direct Topic of the Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2020, 01:36:19 AM »
Oh right. Topic of the Day. Shoot. Uhhhhhhhh, let's follow up on the 2K Switch games announcement which seems to have got the most traction post-Direct but has now morphed into a conversation about Switch memory capacity and the physical vs digital debate in the news of incomplete games on physical cartridges.