Author Topic: Topic of the Day (2020 Edition)  (Read 329664 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Topic of the Day
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2020, 06:10:51 PM »
It occurs to me that I don't think RFN has ever gotten topic of the day. I know almost everyone reading this except Khushrenada already listens to the show so this is largely a formality but the time has come to give the best and/or worst Nintendo podcast on the internet it's due.

And with an episode title like this now seems like the perfect time to go forward with this.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2020, 04:19:48 PM »
Extra, extra, read all about it.

The fast paced discussion on the Talkback thread for new NES/SNES games on the online service will get you up to speed on Nintendo's latest and greatest retro game releases faster than you can say Virtual Console Mondays. Also make sure to submit your retroactive nominations from the current selection of NES/SNES online to RFN at this email

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2020, 04:26:32 PM »
Everyone is going crazy for Animal Crossing and a very generous, humble, and handsome member of our little community has decided to share his luck in potentially nabbing a bunch of rare items. Click the link for more information while I declare that Topic of the Day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
Topic of the every-other-day is continuing strong by following hot on the heels of the beginning of next gen. Do you want the Switch 2 to have 4K? A second SD card slot? Maybe a stylus. Chime in here with all of your reasonable or crazy next gen demands and predictions.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2020, 02:20:19 AM »
Oh shoot! I guess it is my week for Topic of the Day.  :-[  Well, not much really happening here right now aside from the usual Animal Crossing stuff with just a couple posts elsewhere. So, I guess I'll reference the NWR Discord because of all the talk on 1939 (and other years) classic films. Is this a case of Khushrenada once again using Topic of the Day to highlight topics he likes or has majorly contributed in? I can't help it if I'm just in the right place at the right time and driving most of the conversation around here.  8) Topic of the Day!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2020, 10:59:03 AM »
Aw nuts! Already spaced on the Topic of the Day. Well, what I had been leaning to was the topic of sports. The various leagues are all announcing their plans and thoughts on starting and continuing seasons. As such, it has got the ol' NBA Discussion thread getting some attention while on Discord the talk was more hockey focused (and thus better 8) ). This has been Andy Richter's Sports Blast!, er, Topic of the Day! (Sports!)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2020, 11:10:09 AM »
Let's do something unusual and post the Topic of the Day earlier for once! There better not be a sudden shadow drop Direct, Nintendo!!!  >:(  For today's topic, what could be more timely then the upcoming port of a 10-year old game coming to its fourth console in a decade. Originally released on the Wii then ported to the 3DS and Wii U on its VC, the game is now being rehashed for yet another port to now release on Switch. Publishers sure love the port part of the Switch's portability. ;) You can read the review of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition here. Personally, I think it proves the Monado isn't that powerful. Otherwise, Shulk should have been able to see into the future and fix the criticisms of the game the reviewer has in order to make sure the score would be a 10 instead of a 9.5.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2020, 11:27:13 PM »
Early one day. Late the next. You just never know when Topic of the Day is going to strike! But the time has arrived for it to once again reign down hell on these forums by choosing that lightning rod of a topic: HBO MAX!!!. Yes, more streaming for the masses. With the service launching now (and the additional talk of the Snyder Justice League cut which was talked about more in the DC thread), I thought I'd show some love to the TV/Movie forums this time and select something from there. Spread this topic love around and create a forum pandemic we can call our own. The Day Topic Of!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2020, 09:50:27 PM »
Aw shoot. I almost wound up treating Topic of the Day with the same level of dedication and dignity that our great leader, Khushrenada has treated it with lately. ;) That would be unfortunate.

Regardless, my throwing rocks from a glass house segues quite nicely into the Topic of the Day, where we ignore the original topic to demand new forum software and make Khush look like a lemming in the process. That's always a recipe for success.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »
It's time for everyone to Pokémon Go to today's Topic of the Day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2020, 01:00:01 AM »
Is the return of forgamers topic of the day material? I say yes

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2020, 12:42:49 AM »
Apparently I'm doing these at midnight now for some reason. Today's topic is the J and J dram factory's funhouse debut. BUSINESS!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2020, 09:01:38 PM »
Getting away from the midnight time slot, Retroactive has officially started. You can check it out and participate in today's Topic of the Day by clicking here.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2020, 11:39:56 PM »
Well, with Nintendo having released their big game for June, I suppose a moment should be taken to highlight it. Particularly since Daan has now updated his review of Clubhouse Games with a score. Topic of the every other day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2020, 03:05:57 AM »
Oh nuts. It's later than I meant to post this. I was just going to highlight the major Switch eShop sale that has begun. Personally, I was hoping for some word of sales for the 3DS and Wii U but I guess by the time I finally got interested in their offerings, Switch had already taken over. Will we ever see Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers on sale again?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2020, 09:31:59 PM »
Oh nuts. It's later than I meant to post this. I was just going to highlight the major Switch eShop sale that has begun. Personally, I was hoping for some word of sales for the 3DS and Wii U but I guess by the time I finally got interested in their offerings, Switch had already taken over. Will we ever see Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers on sale again?

How exciting!!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2020, 02:31:08 AM »
I thought about posting the odd topic of Xenoblade's Best Grass as the topic of the day but I felt that might put it too close to the territory for Topic of the Day is like watching grass grow jokes so I rejected that. (Besides we all know TotD is like watching grass blow.) So, instead I will try and broaden my topic horizons by referencing the latest podcast this site puts out since that seems to be the way most users learn about the site these days and I guess people really like it. I like turtles but you don't hear me bragging about it all over the internet. Truly the topic of the day and not anything else like protests and debate.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
Well, generally don't care that much about the competition but with Sony unveiling the PS5 and titles coming to it, it's like E3 is sort of happening after all! And it is the big discussion on the NWR Discord today. Not so much with the PS5 Thread we've got on the forums that had its last comment posted in 2019 but maybe it is about to spring to life now. Therefore, I might as well let Sony have one day in the sun and get a win as Topic of the Day!

EDIT: Gotta love the timing! While making this post, MagicCow64 made a thread about the PS5 reveal and impressions. Sorry ShyGuy! Looks like your old PS5 thread is going to be obsolete now.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:45:54 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
The PS5 thread was already taken and the other thread I'm interested in working with has veered a bit closely to political discussion for my taste so I'm going to go with the look back on Tricky Towers thing that was posted on the site.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2020, 06:48:12 PM »
I recently acquired a new 1tb SD card so i guess I'll celebrate by making the Switch Storage situation thread the topic of the day.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2020, 10:52:02 PM »
Today EA announced that they're making 7 new games for Switch. You can read all about this unprecedented partnership in the Topic of the Day here.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
I'm going to name the Darius collection review as the topic of the day. I love that all these retro collections are coming to the Switch. It makes it easy to build a legit collection of retro games.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2020, 10:15:32 PM »
I thought I should wait in case some surprise news popped up but I should have just made the Min-Min addition to Smash Topic of the Day right away and leave it at that. So there it is. I'm sure you all are very surprised at this selection. You just never know what Topic of the Day will be!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2020, 11:03:48 PM »
Hmmmm. Curious. The Pokemon Direct last week was never considered for Topic of the Day. And with the big announcement of Pokemon Snap finally getting a sequel too after all these years. Man, all the times people on these forums used to talk about wanting it again particularly when it first came out on Wii Virtual Console. And with another Pokemon announcement that is supposed to be coming tomorrow, you may want to make sure you are keeping up on your Pokemon News! Topic of the last week Day!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
Allow me to tear myself away from XC:DE for a moment or two in order to post the Topic of the Day. Originally, I had figured I'd probably end up doing whatever Pokemon game was announced today but that seems too predictable. Plus, I figure most people will be aware of it already. If yesterday's topic is any indication than it can wait until next week anyways for its day in the sun. However, a different topic that may have not gotten your attention today is this one about the Steam Summer Festival in which thedobaga talks about 19 different demos he tried out. It's the closest feeling to E3 we've had so far back when there used to be a bunch of topics discussing the impressions upcoming games made as people tried a whole lot of titles at once on the show floor. Good job, sir! Here's your Topic of the Day spotlight.