Author Topic: I want a gamecube!  (Read 2865 times)

Offline FuGiTiVe

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I want a gamecube!
« on: August 12, 2003, 01:13:55 AM »
I was thinking of getting a gamecube but thought nah i'll stick to my ps2. but at the weekend i tried one out for the 1st time and it seriously rocked! So now i really want one. I'm thinking of getting a limited edition platinum one and it comes with zelda the wind waker. its £129.99, i want a platinum one because they look the best I have enough money so i'll get it on friday, i really want luigi's mansion too, can anyone recommend that? it looks really cool. i used to think gamecubes where crap but now i think they rock!

Offline FuGiTiVe

• View Profile
RE:I want a gamecube!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 01:17:04 AM »

Offline VoodooMerlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:05:19 AM »
If you like Miyamoto-styled games......then Luigi's Mansion is incredible. You'll do lousy at first (most people do...and it turns them off).......but you'll naturally get the hang of sucking up ghosts with a little play time.

Don't forget to buy a GBA Player for your Cube as well. Best darned thing that Nintendo's come out with.

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 03:17:18 AM »
Luigis mansion is pretty good but there are so many other really good games out for the cube that u can spend your money on. We've gone over them a thousand times so look at the "Gettin' Cube...finally! (Official "What game should I get?" Thread)"  Enjoy ur new cube : )  
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 03:46:35 AM »
Definitely look into LM, but be warned, it is short.  Super Smash Brothers Melee and Metroid Prime are both incredible as are a list of others

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 04:28:49 AM »
Dont forget about PIKMIN!

Pikmin is an awesome mix of real time strategy, puzzle, adventure and nintendo . Definately worth playing.

I hope you enjoy your Gamecube.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 06:46:20 AM »
I'll give a few suggestions that haven't been made yet: Super Mario Sunshine, though I'd rent it first.  Some people, like me, love it, but others were disappointed.  There are also many other games that I like/have, but I dare not recommend them, since they are very genre particular.

Luigi's Mansion is a lot of fun, but take heed, it is rather short.  I'd recommend it, though, especially if you can get it for cheap.  Super Smash Brothers Melee is a must-have, no joke.  Some good games that are coming out include F-Zero GX, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Pikmin 2 (methinks it's coming out fairly soon), Mario Golf (has anyone seen the commercial for this?  I thought it was pretty of funny), and many others, including games from the Capcom 5 and other Nintendo/Nintendo franchise games (Sega, for example, is making F-Zero, a Nintendo franchise).  I'm also getting Kirby's Air Ride, another racing game, but I'm not so sure I should recommend it, since it is "TEH KIDDIE!!!11!!!"  Looks fun to me, though, and you may want to do some research on it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 10:15:49 AM »
dont forget about sports games, the maddens and NCAA 2004 is good.  Along with sega soccer slam. And nba 2k3, but in the coming years you will have to buy the nba live series since sega snubbed us cube owners
PikkCuber

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: I want a gamecube!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 11:09:09 AM »
I beat Luigi's Mansion in three nights.  It was fun but I can't recommend buying such a short title with no replay value.  Rent it for a week and I'm sure you'll beat it.  It's a fun game but certainly not worth buying.

Eternal Darkness is a must play title in my opinion though it's not the sort of game that everyone likes.  You may want to rent it first.  It's very scary in a "make you think" sort of way and it has an amazing attention to detail.  Super Smash Bros Melee is another must-own unless you don't have many friends.  It's a multiplayer game first, single player second so don't get it if you're just going to play by yourself.  Metroid Prime is of course amazing provided you don't go in expecting a Doom style FPS.  And finally if you're into RPGs pick up Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Offline penfold

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 03:38:44 PM »
You will probably see the PS2 gather quite a bit of dust after buying a Cube. I still own a PS2, but the whole thing just doesnt get hardly any gameplay at all at my house. I am used to the Nintendo games more than the Sony games (the last game I bought was Jax and Dexter and havent played that one in a few months, whiles my GameCube gets played on a daily basis). I know that the PS2 has a vast amount of games to choose from, but how many are AAA titles?? Luigi's Mansion, Zelda Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Mario Party 4 and the list goes on and on for reasons why to get a Cube. The size of the Cube is also a definite plus.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 03:48:14 PM »
After purchasing Animal Crossing, life ends

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2003, 06:15:10 PM »

Originally posted by: Pikkcuber
dont forget about sports games, the maddens and NCAA 2004 is good.  Along with sega soccer slam. And nba 2k3, but in the coming years you will have to buy the nba live series since sega snubbed us cube owners

i wouldn't recomend madden/ncaa to someone who's currency is the pound

make sure you dont get rid of your PS2 though, you will want to play it again one day, rest assured! good choice on the gamecube though get Eternal Darkness if your into scary stuff (stfu mario/termin8/infernal )

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2003, 06:27:40 PM »
hahahaha.
Piac has it, but he is a WUSS!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline FuGiTiVe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 12:24:48 AM »
Thanks for all your suggestions!
Its my birthday today so my mum let me use her credit card, seeing as how i have no money in mine until friday, and i've ordered the following:

Platinum GameCube
Zelda TWW (comes with 2  bonus zelda games)
Super Monkey Ball 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Resident Evil
Pikmin

RGB Scart Cable
Joytech 32 MB Memory Card (507 Blocks)

and all of this should either come tomorrow or friday!

btw Penfold i'll still play my ps2 i have alot of great games for it, i dont think i've bought a crap game for it yet, oh except charlie's angels, that tought me never to buy a game without reading a review of it first! but i got a refund there are some more great games coming out for it too, but now im getting a GC i dont know whether to get Soul Calibur 2 on GC or PS2

The reason im getting a GC is for the nintendo only games like mario and stuff like that. I cant wait, probably like most of you here, for MK double dash! that looks awesome.

Im not sure whether to get Super Mario Sunshine or not, i never had an N64 so i havent played Mario 64, i think the last mario game i played was for the black and white gameboy I know some people love it and some hate it, maybe i should rent it first?? anyways i'll shut up now, i've written to much

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2003, 12:38:02 AM »
nah you can never write to much at planetgamecube

oh and happy birthday! make sure to pick up eternal darkness if you enjoy resident evil/scary games, i would also suggest againsed getting a 3rd party card, only for your sake, alot of them tend to screw up, and losing game saves is a horrible feeling. get the official nintendo one.

Offline Ness_the_Mess

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 12:43:13 AM »
Write too much?  Check out this thread.  It's crazy.  And then check the times of the posts.  They've all been this morning.

http://forums.mtgnews.com/showthread.php?s=1d3eb04f8be7f6b5959fbbc1d77af5a2&postid=1743357#post1743357
EarfBOWND