Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 692301 times)

Offline Weetrick

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • World of Weetrick
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2014, 02:29:40 PM »

I watched a lot of AGDQ this year and discovered an appreciation for speed-running, so I dug out my old consoles to replay Super Metroid, Goldeneye and Donkey Kong Country!

For modern games, I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Wii U). I really like it, but I'm confused at the critical response to this game. A lot of critics say ACIV "saved the franchise", since ACIII was so poorly reviewed. I don't get it, since I feel like ACIV has a lot of the same problems and frustrations that ACIII has - weird controls, annoying tailing/eavesdropping missions and instant desychronization. Personally, I enjoy both so I don't understand the huge difference in critical opinion.

World of Tanks. Played a couple hours. An alright time waster. Had a look at the money store. The prices were at the "Go get fucked level". A very expensive free to play game.
World of Tanks (Xbox 360 version):It's kinda shallow. Nothing really to it -- just a regular third person shooter of sorts with tanks of course.It's alright i guess, but i don't see myself really getting into it.

I was wondering why they made such a big deal when they announced this was coming to X360.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
Played WoT a little more and the irritation really started to set in to the point I have just stopped. In order to force a lot of very different "tanks" to "Play" together in nice looking tiers and classes. There is a stealth/sight system instead of a normal, "If I can see it, I can shoot at it" type gameplay. Each tank has a camo/sight range which is completely arbitrary which means if someone else "spots" someone, you can see them, but it gets ridiculous when they leave sight range where they "Disappear" despite driving off in an open field with you pointing the gun at them.

You don't have to do any ranging and shooting is all about camping. Point gun at tank, wait for the circle to shrink fire, server randomly places shot in circle, some black magic armor/deflection angle numbers crunched, damage done, repeat until dead. All of this is suppose to make it so historically good tanks don't dominate other tanks of the same "Class" that were straight up awful. But it removes the unique functions of each tank and takes most of the skill out of shooting.

Then there is the EXP grind system with the money mill. The grind is crazy long. The gameplay modes doesn't ever seem to be more than Team deathmatch with a base flag to help break dead locks. So no Battle of the Bulge or Operation Babarossa for you. Just buch of dudes one side, more dudes otherside, ??, Profit?!.

Don't play this if you have a liking for anything other than the most shallow aspects of "tank" combat.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »
World of Tanks is HUGE.

Like a few times bigger than WoW as far as i know.

The most interesting aspect of it is clan metagame. From what i've been told there is an incredibly developed system that allows you to join clans, then you're given territory (as in actual real world territory, like Moscow oblas') and neighboring clans can challenge you, so if they win they take over.

I'm not super interested in the main gameplay itself but that metagame sounds interesting just looking from an outside. Similar how you read about what's going on in EVE Online, even if you know you will never actually get to play it.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2014, 02:41:38 PM »

For modern games, I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Wii U). I really like it, but I'm confused at the critical response to this game. A lot of critics say ACIV "saved the franchise", since ACIII was so poorly reviewed. I don't get it, since I feel like ACIV has a lot of the same problems and frustrations that ACIII has - weird controls, annoying tailing/eavesdropping missions and instant desychronization. Personally, I enjoy both so I don't understand the huge difference in critical opinion.

I swore I was done with the series after III, which I thought was a total mess, but IV came with my new souped up laptop, and I put it on to test out the graphics capabilities, and ended up getting hooked, which I did not think would happen.

While it does have the issues you mention (parkour movement feels broken at times) I think it manages to improve open combat, which was horrible in III, which makes the game much less of a chore to play. The expanded foliage cover system also makes stealth approaches to missions viable, which was not the case in III. Finally, IV is just a much more pleasant game world. Pretty tropical islands and sunsets and whales and stuff instead of grim colonial America. (You an go to New York, but it's half burned down!)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »
I have been playing way too many games at once:

Saints Row IV
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Cave Story 3D
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Shinobi (3DS)

And I still have Dragon's Dogma checked out from the library!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »
Unepic. I'm enjoying it. Made me laugh a few times from the banter between the two characters. Nothing special in terms of gameplay mechanics so far. I would say it's Demon's/Dark Souls in 2D, but the mood isn't as brooding.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »
Unepic. I'm enjoying it. Made me laugh a few times from the banter between the two characters. Nothing special in terms of gameplay mechanics so far. I would say it's Demon's/Dark Souls in 2D, but the mood isn't as brooding.

I'm very curious about this game, but have enough of a backlog that playing what I've already got sounded like a smarter option. Looks interesting though.
NNID: ejamer

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2014, 04:35:34 AM »
Rhythm Heaven (DS):
After i got "Superb" on all mini-games, all that is left is get "Perfect"s on remaining 16 mini-games. I've been trying it for a few months, and now i finally did perfect on "Shooter 2".

It shouldn't be that hard, because i've achieved superb's on all of them before and superb's are actually harder to get than perfect, but i guess i just lost my rhythm sense over the months. I try to do one, fail, and just turn it off for a month or two...

Drummer's duel seems to be absolutely impossible to perfect (because of fast rhythm variations near the end). But Love lab, Moai De Whoop, Splashdown 2, Glee Club 2 -- all seem very doable, i just have to keep at it.

Trials: Evolution (PC):
This game is super dumb fun. You can't help but holler and go yeah along with biker dude as he's doing mad jumps and crazy flips.

Some of the gimmick levels can be a miss, but i loved the one where you have to carry a bomb.

It's just such a shame Ubisoft decided to move the series to iOS/Andoid rather than 3DS... The biggest disappointment of last E3. It would work so great...

Dark Souls (PC):
Game finally started to open up a bit. I've opened most of the doors in undead burg. Met Capra Demon -- yeah, i will get to him later once i level up a bit and figure out all that magic stuff.

I've met sorcerer and the other dude who promised me miracles, not quite sure what's difference between them are but whatevs. Also apparently there are different kinds of miracles and different kinds of magic depending on which school or covenant you join?.. I'll figure it out eventually i guess.

Saw the priest dude in the church who shoot lightnings. From afar. The other stone headless dude who also shoots lightning was awaiting me under the smithy -- i tried to hit him but i guess he's inulvnerable or something. I just ran past him and got to forest. Then i wandered there a bit, killed a few trees until i met two huge undead knights who engaged me from both sides of the corridor... Yeah...

I also wandered a bit around Firelink Shrine. Apparently the giant crow that carried me here is still sitting there. For some reason i never noticed it, though i did hear it screeching.

Walked around the graveyard under Firelink shrine. Skeletons are annoying and apparently can only be killed by riposte. It's cool i guess, but very hard to pull of when you have a few of them on you.

By the way riposte sound effect is one the most satisfying sounds ever.

Apparently there is something wrong with PC version because i have a rather noticeable sound lag which throws me off a bit when i climb ladders and hear someone's steps. These are actually my steps they just sound a second after they should be.

Visited New Londo Ruins, but didn't found enough bravery in me to cross the bridge across the bog. Probably the creepiest area of them all so far, ugh.

Viewtiful Joe (GC):
I finally gave up and restarted the game on Kids difficulty. I was on level 5 and it's not even that super hard, but just EVERYTHING from enemies unpredictable patterns and stage hazards kept annoying me to no end. Got through first two levels on kids difficulty in half an hour and will probably finish the game that way.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »
Dark Souls (PC):
Game finally started to open up a bit. I've opened most of the doors in undead burg. Met Capra Demon -- yeah, i will get to him later once i level up a bit and figure out all that magic stuff.

I've met sorcerer and the other dude who promised me miracles, not quite sure what's difference between them are but whatevs. Also apparently there are different kinds of miracles and different kinds of magic depending on which school or covenant you join?.. I'll figure it out eventually i guess.

Saw the priest dude in the church who shoot lightnings. From afar. The other stone headless dude who also shoots lightning was awaiting me under the smithy -- i tried to hit him but i guess he's inulvnerable or something. I just ran past him and got to forest. Then i wandered there a bit, killed a few trees until i met two huge undead knights who engaged me from both sides of the corridor... Yeah...

I also wandered a bit around Firelink Shrine. Apparently the giant crow that carried me here is still sitting there. For some reason i never noticed it, though i did hear it screeching.

Walked around the graveyard under Firelink shrine. Skeletons are annoying and apparently can only be killed by riposte. It's cool i guess, but very hard to pull of when you have a few of them on you.

By the way riposte sound effect is one the most satisfying sounds ever.

Apparently there is something wrong with PC version because i have a rather noticeable sound lag which throws me off a bit when i climb ladders and hear someone's steps. These are actually my steps they just sound a second after they should be.

Visited New Londo Ruins, but didn't found enough bravery in me to cross the bridge across the bog. Probably the creepiest area of them all so far, ugh.

How cute. <3 If you ever need something explain without spoilers, I'm your guy. The twenty things you brought up in that post I can explain.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
My backlog is too massive for me to have any real hope of playing through all of it, but I've decided to at least try. I started a couple things that I had sitting on my 3DS in the last few days.

First, I started playing through my Ambassador copy of Metroid Fusion. As I said in the other thread, I recently beat Super Metroid, and I was still in the mood for more so I moved on to this. It's a significant improvement over the SNES game in a lot of ways, and the story stuff isn't really bothering me too much, so I'm having a really good time with it.

Then, I began The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I'm somewhat infamous around these parts for my hatred of Link to the Past, and I've been meaning to go back and try it again lately but Nintendo refuses to release it on the Wii U VC, so I caved and began this game which I bought at launch for some reason. I'm barely into it, but so far I'm enjoying it.

Finally, I started the Bravely Default demo. This might seem counterproductive as it would seem to increase my backlog, and it has. As someone whose only real experience with JRPGs is the original Final Fantasy, the old-school nature of it makes me feel right at home. I've always been fascinated with the concept of job systems, and this seems like a good place to start. It's brutally hard; my party has been wiped out multiple times already, but I'm really liking it and now plan to pick the game up upon its release.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
To keep up my streak of digging into my backlog, I booted up Rune Factory 4. I'd always been intrigued by the series, being a pretty big Harvest Moon fan, but had never gotten around to playing one until now. Wow, there is a ton of stuff going on in this game. It takes Harvest Moon and then slaps on Diablo and SimCity to give you tons of different things to do. I've only scratched the surface, but I like it so far.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 26, 2014, 01:08:27 AM »
Assassin's Creed IV:

I've gone into several times already, but to summarize my opinion of this series I thought ACII was good, but kind of empty, AC: Brotherhood was truly great, AC: Revelations was starting to wheeze, and ACIII was a mess and a chore to play.

I started IV to test out my new souped up Asus laptop, and got hooked against my expectations. The environments are beautiful and the radically open structure of the game is refreshing compared to the frog march of ACIII. I thoroughly enjoy all of the naval aspects, and the sense of powering up your ship as you go along is really satisfying. I also think I'd play a full-length whaling simulator, but I do love me some Moby Dick. The story is basically nonexistent/incoherent, which is fine with me, as it's not taking itself as tiresomely serious as ACIII, and Edward Kenway is amiable enough. As a bonus, there's no ludonarrative dissonance about senseless amoral killing because you're a pirate! There are some truly awful tailing/eavesdropping missions, though. It's clear at this point that they need to junk most of the standard gameplay design that hasn't evolved since II.

I actually like the meta-game stuff, which seems to be a standard complaint about this game. It's actually kind of funny, with employees complaining about how restrictive the settings for the series are and how annoying it is to pump out a new game every year. And there are some surprising connections with the present day narrative of past games, on top of a fun little espionage simulator (kind of like a light version of the home office in Deus Ex).

My biggest complaint at about the halfway point for main missions, side activities and collectibles is that there's just too damn much to do. I'll probably put 60 hours into this thing. I feel like they could shave off 30-40% of the activities and have the best game in the series. As of now I'm starting to get burnt out on picking up all the random chests and animus pieces scattered about, and I've barely touched the Assassin missions or underwater levels. Plus the second wave of naval and ground assassination assignments. And there's also the whole Kenway's fleet thing that I haven't touched because I refuse to engage with uPlay crap.

Even if you're weary of this series, I'd recommend giving it a shot, especially if you can resist collector-itis.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2014, 01:42:35 AM »
Tales of Vesperia
Xcom enemy Unknown
Fire mblem Awakening.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2014, 03:37:04 AM »
Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii):
Got one perfect and a two superb medals. Playing the game on Wii U GamePad is such a joy -- you can plug headphones and you don't need to look at or move wiimote at all because it's all button based. Playing on gamepad also diminishes lag greatly which is crucial for this kind of game where you can be off by a few milliseconds and it's game over.

Such a great game. People praise EAD for being the best in the business, but for me Nintendo SPD with Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare series is just as good if not even better at what they do.

Still have three last medals, but they are Remix 9, Remix 10 (sooo long!) and Love Rap 2. The timing for beats in Lover Rap is almost impossible. I have no idea how i got Superb on the first one.

La Mulana (Steam):
I have no idea why i'm replaying this after beating it on Wii. For achievements, maybe? Looking at the clock at my save i might have a chance at beating the game in 10 hours should i choose to continue (getting achievement for beating it in 8 hours doesn't look probably because i remember how much i still have ahead of me).

I beat three bosses so far, unlocked seven or so levels (that's maybe half) -- all within three hours. Have fourth boss ready waiting for me, but i need to find one specific weapon to deal with him.

Music is still awesome, game is still awesome and now that i vaguely remember solutions to puzzles from last year, game becomes even more enjoyable. Until one of the bats of birds hit you...

FEZ (Spreadsheet edition):
"Beat" the game as in collected enough stuff for game to show me 2001 style ending. Now i am solving remaining puzzles. I have 30 cubes and 11 anti-cubes. I've cracked one code but still have a numerical system and alphabet to figure out.

I remember how people noticed that FEZ was the first game in year that forced them to use actual pen and paper to solve puzzles and decrypt made-up languages. These guys you obviously never played La-Mulana which has not one but two made-up languages.

I'm not sure if i feel like doing the frequency analysis for the language in FEZ, but i might have need to, cause i'm running out of options.

It's kinda lame that the solution to a number of puzzles is just pressing buttons in specific order, i prefer you would actually interact with a world somehow like in Toki Tori 2 (which has became THE game for me to compare all other puzzle platformers to).

QR codes are kinda funny: creator probably thinks everyone has iPhones or something. Whatever, i used 3DS to solve them.

Music is very 80s, with emphasis on spacey electronic stuff. Funny how so many games have started doing this: Hotline Miami, Blood Dragon.

Currently stuck in red room, which is probably the hardest level platforming-wise in the game. You have to be very precise with timing and be quick because water is advancing from below.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2014, 02:52:36 AM »
AiRace Speed:
Finished all tracks, still have about five last gold medals and four or so achievements...

Wonderful 101:
Getting through 101% hard and collecting last achievements. Achievement requiring you to basically play the game for yet two more times on easy and very is gonna suck... Got all wonderful and geathjerk files, but i am still missing last underground hidden item...

101% hard despite the name isn't super hard. Removing slowdown when drawing actually doesn't do much a difference -- or i am simply became that good. Yeah -- no game still kicks my ass every now and then. Still, i got two platinums by just playing and not going for score, so i don't suck completely...

FEZ:
Got all golden cubes, still have 8 last anti-cubes left... Magnet puzzles are one of the best uses of rumble feature, probably ever. I wonder how people playing with keyboard are supposed to solve this...

I got all artifacts and have a book that i can use to decrypt the language but i couldn't be bothered.

If the last cubes will turn to be unsolvable unless you start decrypt, i will probably leave it as is and claim the game finished -- after all, i already got one ending. Or just look up solution...

La Mulana:
Still re-playing. Got majority of the main weapons: axe, knife and such. I can get chained whip that is way too much hassle to struggle with somewhat broken controls to get to the area -- i remember first time it took me hours if not days to get there...

Opened majority of the worlds. Killed third and fourth boss, have fifth, Viy, coming up -- only have to find Ankh somewhere to summon him -- pretty sure i should get it from other world, probably Endless Corridor...

The puzzle in Endless Corridor where you have to touch portal in specific order is annoying because it's the first one that requires you to start decrypting the first language of La-Mulana, piece the info from two random tablets from two different worlds together and then actually find a way to execute it properly. By some miracle i managed to do it without knowing any of that in WiiWare version. This time i guess i will just look up the solution -- after all i am trying a speed run of sorts.

I am six hours in and i don't think i will be able to do it in ten... Still achivement for 14 hours might still be good enough.

Dark Souls:
Game has surprisingly many 3d platforming challenges despite not really built for that. Clumsy controls get somewhat cumbersome when you need to land on a small platform by jumping or rolling into it from the ledge above.

Found way to come back to Undead Asylum -- it's cool that tutorial area after you leave it is getting populated by much harder enemies. Thing with an egg that trades things with you is pretty stupid -- apparently you have to quit the game and load it again to finish the trade? Yeah...

Level up dialog sucks: i still don't understand how many souls exactly i need to level up or to boost my stats. I grinded souls a bit (the area where dragon keeps killing dudes for you on a bridge helps) and boosted my faith and affinity so now i can use magic. At first reading how many uses scrolls have i thought that it would be useless, but uses actually replenish at bonfires so that changes things drastically.

Explored graveyard a bit -- those giant skeletons... Got to catacombs and found myself on a ladder between two skeletons. Yeah...

Bit Trip Runner 2: Rhythm something something funny subtitle:
Got the game on sale on eShop last night. Ended up playing for three hours after starting it... Great, addicting game.

Visual get somewhat busy for me though. Sometimes my vision gets confused as what obstacle exactly is coming up next and i mess up (or i just suck). Despite featuring simpler visuals, retro levels have even more of that -- you can easily miss a golden brick because it blends with a background (or it was the intention?).

Leaderboards amongst friends is a very cool feature -- even somewhat generic games can becomes very addicting simply because you want to trump your friends' records over and again. I had it with AiRace Speed and Zen Pinball and looking at yet another competition here...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
I just put a few minutes into A Link to the Past. Still good though I forgot how limiting the save feature is especially after playing Link's Awakening not too long ago. You can only start from Link's House or the Sanctuary even when you save in a dungeon. Boo/hiss

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »
Isn't this why restore points exist?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »
Yes, azeke, that's the point. It was just like that in the original game. (Er... if the fourth in the series can be the original game.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »
Isn't this why restore points exist?
Yes, probably. I went right for the save option due to force of habit. I was only pointing out how I forgot about A Link to the Past's save structure. I haven't played the game in over a decade. I thought it was like Link's Awakening where you start from the last entrance you used.

I'm also not used to Link's sword. It's much smaller than Link's Awakening. I've forgotten quite a bit though I remembered to pull the left switch in one screen because the right one released snakes. I'm pretty excited about rediscovering the game.

I ran into a bit of retconning already. Someone mentions the legend of how the Master Sword was forged which isn't how Skyward Sword tells it. I guess you can explain that away by saying the person was retelling a legend which changed over time as oral history often does. It seems far more likely that Nintendo's attitude was just, "Meh, story..."

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Hurrrrr...

So, EA/DICE decided that it would be a good idea to run a player appreciation event during the entire month of February, y'know, since they've fixed everything.  They're probably trying to drum up sales of BF4/Premium, as well as get some people back into the game who left during the shitty launch.  Pachter speculated, and EA said as much, that the troubles they've had with the BF4 launch have not affected sales, but I'm sure the higher-ups at EA are smelling another worst company in America(however deserving they may be) award.

So, like a sucker, I decided to give it another shot.  Played a few matches over the weekend, and things went pretty well.  I mean, I still suck, but the game seemed fairly stable.  I didn't encounter much rubberbanding, or anything out of the ordinary.  So, today, I figured I'd get my frag on.  First match went well, but the last few have been frustrating.  I've had crash-to-desktops(with the lovely error message that "something went wrong"), sound glitches, textures not being drawn properly, and for a while I was unable to connect at all until I restarted the Battlelog client.  Not a great way to try to promote your game.

Gads, the game is so bloody fun when it's working, it is really tragic that the game is still having issues 3/4 months after launch.

The Last of Us - With the Left Behind DLC coming out on the 14th, I've gone back to revisit one of my favourite games of 2013(and the generation).  It's actually kind of a strange feeling playing a game like this when you are already familiar with its various systems.  I find myself moving with much more purpose through all the stealth portions, and spending much more time trying to enjoy the environment and stumble upon any little tidbits I may have missed on my previous runs.

I made it to the hotel, just after leaving Bill, and I hit a bit of a roadblock, much like I did the first time I played it.  I didn't like this section before, and it seems I still don't like it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:33:44 PM by magicpixie »

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
I feel the same way. II recently finished my sixth or seventh playthrough and I basically spent my playthrough slowly exploring the whole damn game.

However, I disagree about the par you are at, but I was one of those fucking crazies that beat the game on Survivor.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:10 PM »
Bit Trip Runner 2: Rhythm something something funny subtitle:
Got the game on sale on eShop last night. Ended up playing for three hours after starting it... Great, addicting game.

Visual get somewhat busy for me though. Sometimes my vision gets confused as what obstacle exactly is coming up next and i mess up (or i just suck). Despite featuring simpler visuals, retro levels have even more of that -- you can easily miss a golden brick because it blends with a background (or it was the intention?).

Leaderboards amongst friends is a very cool feature -- even somewhat generic games can becomes very addicting simply because you want to trump your friends' records over and again. I had it with AiRace Speed and Zen Pinball and looking at yet another competition here...

Yoshidious aka Greg 'The Sweet Prince' Leahy seems to be the reigning king of Bit Trip Runner.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »
The Left Behind DLC replaces every character model with Kirk Cameron.

You're welcome. :)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
Wait what

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Lol, I just got that.  Will the infected be feeding on party-sized subs?