Author Topic: I for one welcome the glorious return of overconfident E3 2006 Sony.  (Read 74462 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: I for one welcome the glorious return of overconfident E3 2006 Sony.
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 06:26:32 PM »
I don't understand why they didn't announce this when they announced that the website store was closing for PS3/Vita

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2021, 04:45:42 PM »
I am in shock that they actually reversed their decision on the PS3/Vita store.  I guess lots of people were buying stuff before it disappeared and the suits saw the sales figures and decided to keep things going.

I was planning on buying the Mega Man Legends games before July 1 but now I can get the first one and see if I like it first without pressure to grab the sequel and Tron Bonne at the same time.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2021, 11:41:29 AM »
I was planning on buying the Mega Man Legends games before July 1 but now I can get the first one and see if I like it first without pressure to grab the sequel and Tron Bonne at the same time.

I bought Mega Man Legends 2 and Tron Bonne as PS1 classics through PSN. I played 2 on PS3 and thought it was better than Mega Man Legends 1. I am playing Tron Bonne on Vita now as they are both cross buy.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »
Gotta give Sony props.  No way Nintendo would have reversed course on a public decision like this.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2021, 07:17:40 PM »
There were apparently devs who literally just bought a Vita Devkit right before the announcement was made. The whole thing was a trainwreck.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2021, 07:50:49 PM »
There were apparently devs who literally just bought a Vita Devkit right before the announcement was made. The whole thing was a trainwreck.

This is probably what convinced them.  Could they potentially have gotten sued for that?  This was probably a situation where the left hand didn't know what the right was doing so they decided to pull the plug without realizing that dev kits were still being sold.  I'll bet they're not selling dev kits anymore and they'll resume ending the store once they've reached the minimum amount of time the lawyers have determined would be sufficient to cover their butts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2021, 11:31:17 PM »
Considering how many server issues they had, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to capitalize on the PS3 and Vita's exclusive content. I could see them roping some sap into making an "Only on PS3 Download" section of the store for when they try to close it again.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2021, 09:49:08 PM »
Apparently you still won't be able to submit new Vita games after July so **** you indie devs who bought a Vita Devkit in 2021.

Sauce

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2021, 02:03:45 PM »
They are probably aiming for closing the stores in summer 2022. They must want a year with nothing new added before that happens. Meanwhile you still can't easily obtain a PS5.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2022, 12:29:39 AM »
So Grand Turismo 7 pulled an EA/Activision and patched in microtransactions after launch.