Author Topic: Google Stadia  (Read 47945 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Google Stadia
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »
I... was curious about whether streaming games could be handled by my rural internet.
Can it?

Honestly?  So far so good for me.  I've played mostly Samurai Shodown because I haven't bothered to go through the transfer process for Destiny 2 yet. 

With about 3 hours under my belt thus far:

- Only one noticeable stuttering/freezing, and it was during an intro sequence before the match actually started.
- No noticeable lag during gameplay, although I admittedly haven't played Samurai Shodown before.  A better one-to-one would be if they had Street Fighter V on here. 
- Visually it looks FINE.  Considering I JUST upgraded to a 4K tv this past month, I might also have a limited point of reference, but I wasn't able to notice anything damning about how it looked, could very well not be true 4k as some of the reporting has suggested.
- The set-up process was straightforward, if maybe a little involved.  I don't know how I feel about needing to use my phone for certain functions rather than a dedicated remote.
- Menus are bare-bones, which is to be expected since this is a glorified paid beta.

My friend who lives in Chicago also got one and has had lots of issues with stuttering and lost connection, which in theory shouldn't be the case because he's got better internet than me.  So obviously YMMV.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 02:27:38 PM »
What's the update?  Is Stadia still a thing?  And if so, is it a good thing?  The ads have died down and I haven't heard anything about it for a long while... so guessing the uptake isn't really buzz-worthy?
NNID: ejamer

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2021, 01:31:00 PM »
I was looking at Gamestop's listing for the Atari VCS and found this as the top comment:
Jukebox 79 · a month ago 
Why Should We Buy This Instead Of A Stadia?

answers
Somefreakingdude · a month ago 
You don't "buy a Stadia". Stadia is a streaming platform, not a physical console.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2021, 03:29:12 PM »
What's the update?  Is Stadia still a thing?  And if so, is it a good thing?  The ads have died down and I haven't heard anything about it for a long while... so guessing the uptake isn't really buzz-worthy?
Here's the update.