Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1201303 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4750 on: April 15, 2020, 03:30:36 PM »
Did it work?
A friend of mine had access to free stuff around 10-11pm, but i heard online it would divert to a limited time promotional trial period.
I didn't try it personally

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4751 on: April 16, 2020, 06:49:25 PM »
I didn't get around to it last night. I'll post here if I do tonight.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: April 16, 2020, 09:39:03 PM »
Just saw the trailer for Anna Kendrick's Quibi show "Dummy" and... ok Quibi, you got me, I'll give you a shot.

In the meantime I'll probably cancel my CBS and Epix subscriptions in a couple days. I finished the shows/seasons I wanted them for and I'm not super-motivated to dig around for more, though maybe I'll give CBS one last hurrah because I WAS super binging Bob <3 Abishola until I got all caught up about a month ago.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: April 28, 2020, 11:22:16 AM »
Anybody up for some Old School Classic Anime from the 70's, 80's, & 90's streaming for FREE?

https://www.retrocrush.tv/

link takes you to app choices to download

https://www.ign.com/articles/retrocrush-classic-anime-series-movies-streaming-free

p.s. It's available now
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:43:42 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
We all knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. And this should be an interesting one for sure.

But Hercules is now getting it's Disney Live-Action Remake

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hercules-live-action-remake-works-disney-shang-chi-writer-1292684?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Shang-Chi writer and Russo Bros Producing.
no work on who might be directing

The new Hercules is in early development, and this being a Disney title, rumors have already swirled about other producers and even filmmakers. The Russos are the only producers on the project and will not direct, according to insiders.

There have also been casting rumors in recent weeks, partially spurred on by Ariana Grande's performance of the movie’s "I Won’t Say I’m in Love" during The Disney Family Singalong, which engendered a petition on Change.org for her to play Megara, the female lead. Idris Elba and Ryan Gosling’s names have also been floated by enthusiasts. But in reality, the project is far from the casting stage.

It is unclear what the new take on Hercules will be or if it will even keep the musical elements. Disney has taken varying approaches to its live-action remakes. Last year’s The Lion King, for example, hewed quite closely to the 1994 original, while Mulan, set for release July 24, is a looser interpretation of its 1998 source material.

the other movies I can think of that are currently in the works are:
Mulan (coming out later this year I think)
The Little Mermaid
Cruella (101 Dalmations)
Lilo & Stich
Pinocchio
The Jungle Book 2
and I think I remember hearing about The Sword in the Stone

there may be more, but I can't remember
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:11:37 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
You all seen the new screenshots from New Mutants!!?
https://twitter.com/CBMCringe/status/1256793486386442245?s=20

Posting from phone so will get the screen shots later.

Also looks like this may be hitting VOD soon.
Disney investor call apparently tomorrow, so hopefully we find out more.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Mutants-Josh-Boone/dp/B086MHP19C/ref=sr_1_1?crid=15W4XGRHU411P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile

Tenet trailer

New movie by the hack who directed The Dark Knight and Inception.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: June 09, 2020, 01:02:54 AM »
For all the things we just aren't allowed to talk about on here.... I bring to your attention a new movie that may have accidentally just been timed too correctly.... considering the subject matter.

https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/we-bare-bears-the-movie-2020/MMV954B30F8DEABDDEBD3C0B2CBCE9E8084D

Yes, We Bare Bears: The MOVIE

I know what you thinking..... "Whatchu talkin' about Willis!!?"

well, allow me to post a SPOILERED description from someone that has watched it (not me)
Quote from:  SPOILER ALERT
So ironically enough, the movie actually starts with the town rioting for the police to take action to hold the Bears accountable for two binders full of nuisances they have caused, whereas Officer Murphy (a police officer of color and head of the precinct) only wants to give them a slap on the wrist. That's when a white officer named Agent Trout steps in to use the rioting for his own agenda.

Now at first I thought this Agent Trout guy would have some kind of motive related to being one of Ice Bear's shady enemies or having encountered the Baby Bears in the past and them having accidentally ruined his life in some way. But no.....he is just a full blown racist that wants to lock up everyone that's different, even Bears he's never met. His units shove the Bears around forcefully, and Trout makes it clear to Murphy that his goal is to "capture them" no matter any violent cost.

Meanwhile Grizz/Panda/Ice Bear(mixed family) are so fearful that they feel they have to flee the country(to Canada). But they get stopped right at the border because they do not have passports and are detained by Trout who locks them all in cages and tries to send and split their family "back where they came from".

Grizz frees all the other different shape/size/color bears and Trout goes on a psychotic rant. "You think you belong? You are nothing but some filthy mindless beasts". Grizz's ending comeback to him after the stand-off is that "nature adapts".

Eventually Officer Murphy(who had passively let this go on too long) finally does the right thing and arrests Trout. #OneGoodCop?

The film ends with Officer Murphy letting all the other abused Bears come live in society. Grizz/Panda/Ice Bear are no longer misunderstood minorities as the city becomes a half-bear/half-human population. Now our main characters are more than just bared and tolerated. "Ice Bear welcomes change".

So who is making this a "Family Movie Night" movie?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: June 09, 2020, 10:41:23 AM »
Anybody up for some Old School Classic Anime from the 70's, 80's, & 90's streaming for FREE?

https://www.retrocrush.tv/

link takes you to app choices to download

https://www.ign.com/articles/retrocrush-classic-anime-series-movies-streaming-free

p.s. It's available now

Now this was when Anime was Anime!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4759 on: June 12, 2020, 10:16:39 PM »
Thanks BnM for the link. 

I didn't see it posted on this page but the trailer for Bill and Ted Face the Music is live.   I have been paying attention to this movie since it was announced. I am a big fan of the 1st two movies in the series. Also fun fact the Circle K in the 1st Bill in Ted is actually in Arizona and I went in it and took some photos. 

Anyway here is the trailer for B&T: Face the Music. 

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hAL7emClFM
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: July 21, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »
New Mutants panel at Comic Con @ Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ZkL3boVyQ

and you heard it here first (new rumor, that was supposed to be impossible due to contractual issues),
but New Mutants is gonna be streaming EXCLUSIVELY on D+ Sept 4th.

Honestly, I've always thought the movie looked pretty good.
Mutants, Horror, Marvel. It was taking one of my favorite genres (comic book/superhero) and mixing it with one of my other favorite genre's Horror, which is more or less something that had not been done yet. The only downside is this was a Fox Marvel movie... but I don't think the Xmen producers had a lot of interference outside of Fox delaying this movie for years for supposed "reshoots" that never happened. So outside of some more recent SFX updates, we should be getting the original cut of the movie, and surprisingly on D+ instead of a "premium theater at home release" which is where I thought they may start with it.

So I don't know about any of you, but I've been looking forward to this movie since it's been announced. I sure if we dug back though this thread, I've said as much back then as well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:09:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4761 on: July 21, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
I'm just glad the saga around this movie finally has some closure, and I'll be able to see it at home.

Also, the new poll should be "When are theatres coming back?".

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: July 21, 2020, 03:57:05 PM »
I'm just glad the saga around this movie finally has some closure, and I'll be able to see it at home.

Also, the new poll should be "When are theatres coming back?".

Are they even going to come back outside of niche cinemas akin to the current state of Drive-Ins?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4763 on: July 21, 2020, 04:46:41 PM »
I think so.  So many people are trying to cling to "normalcy" by refusing to wear masks, demanding restaurants open, etc that I think there will be a demand for movie theatres. They may be fewer in location, opting for more, bigger screens with other accouterments like Alamo Drafthouse.  Smaller chains will likely die, but bigger chains can invest in things like air filters, certain sanitation measures, as well as the space you'd need to properly social distance.

But one of the options should definitely be "Never".
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:48:14 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: August 01, 2020, 05:38:23 PM »
We man never get a new videogame, but got damnit, we about to get a new movie instead!!!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/detective-pikachu-director-netflix-tackling-ubisofts-beyond-good-evil-film-adaptation-1305407

Beyond Good & Evil is getting the movie treatment.

.....but does anyone know what happened to the videogame?
i still want that too....

and just for fun, who do you all think should play who?
Been a long time since I played this game, but I'd be interesting to see who the fans would cast for the movie.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 05:40:22 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 31, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Lovecraft Country

Is anyone watching this?
Jim Crow Era Lovecraftian Black Adventure, based on a novel by the same name. So far it's been very good (3eps in) and they do not hold back on the racism of the era, so prepare yourself for the language and bigotry. There's also those Love CC raft creatures, as this is very much a Fantasy Epic Adventure as much as it is a time period Black drama.

With receiving else going on right now in the real world, this is able to be a very blatant reminder to those that want to gloss over our divided and troubled history as a nation. All the fantasy adventure elements as another layer of tension to the main characters, but some of the most tense scenes so far have just been the reality of the racist acts on display, followed up my scenes with monsters/creatures as a distant second.

Bottom line is, so far, I recommend a watch.
It airs weekly on HBO, and all 10(?) episodes have already been filmed.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 31, 2020, 11:22:40 PM »
I've been watching Lovecraft Country. It's OK, it just feels the writing is too literal and formulaic. You have this framework of Lovecraft to tell some allegory and it just seems like paint by numbers Racism X-files. I wonder which race issue and which creature they'll have next week? Is Leti's sister Ruby not going to be able to walk in through the front door of a music hall where she's performing(did they do that already? I watch too many things) while Atticus and Leti fight dagon creatures?

The first episode was really well done though. Hopefully it picks back up on the fourth episode. It's too bad they killed off Courtney B. Vance on the second episode. Jurnee Smollet is acting her ass off. I hope the directors aren't terrorizing her to get those performances out of her.

And I just looked it up. The first episode had a different director than the second two episodes. The second two episodes are directed by an X-files director named Daniel Sackheim. That's probably why the second two episodes feel procedural. I really hope it doesn't maintain a procedural format because that is what drove me away from Power Rangers and Pokémon. HBO drama shows should be serialized. Procedurals are for networks. There is a new director on the next episode and more writers. So, we'll see how that goes.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: September 10, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
This looks like fun, from the makers of Happy Death Day, and starring Vince Vaghn

Freaky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPnIcDW9g0
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:49:33 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: September 11, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »
This 4th episode of Lovecraft country was a lot better. I have to admit I wasn't paying attention that much at the beginning of the episode because I was eating enchiladas. But it got real Raiders/Goonies style. The more of that the better.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: September 20, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »
Ridley Scott's Raised by Wolves on HBO MAX.

Is anyone watching this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE92bDAlPXI

Two androids are tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.

Ridley Scott directed the first 2 episodes and serves as an executive producer.

apparently this is what people may have expected more of from Promethius according to a review.

anyone here got opinions?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4772 on: November 27, 2020, 03:20:08 AM »
I've seen the first two episodes.  They're pretty funny!  I'm not as into the songs, however.  They've successfully updated the main theme, but the other songs just don't have that same feel.  It's like the voice actors are going for softer, "better sounding" singing than just singing in the characters voices.  The first two episodes also felt a little song heavy, but we'll see what the rest offer.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: November 27, 2020, 05:17:19 AM »
I watched four episodes yesterday and.... meh?

The lack of supporting cast really hurts the show, IMHO.  Pinky and the Brain were the best when it came to Animanaics segments, but the A-B-C formula of a P&tB plot is too stale to feature on every single episode.  Where's Chicken Boo?   I need my Chicken Boo!  Considering how the first episode made a big deal of the Warners and P&tB being gone for 22 years, a Chicken Boo skit where he manages to pull off his disguise for 22 years virtually writes itself.

It's not *bad*.  It's just... meh.  Maybe it doesn't live up to my nostalgia.  Maybe my tastes in Animation have changed.  It could just be me, but the work as a whole just falls flat for me.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: December 10, 2020, 11:00:27 AM »
This looks like fun!! Bob Odenkirk (Better call Saul) is "John Wick" in NOBODY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8j6P8QtAYw

Feb 26th, in a theater near you... assuming it's open.