Author Topic: Reggie dropping a bomb at VGX Awards, what could it be?  (Read 52466 times)

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Reggie dropping a bomb at VGX Awards, what could it be?
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:56:43 PM »
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/11/reggie-says-expect-something-at-vgx/

tl;dr: reggie being optimistic about wii u's future (*snerk*), but something Nintendo-related will be happening at VGX this year.

My guess? A better look at Bayonetta 2.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Reggie dropping a bomb at VGX Awards, what could it be?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »
A plethora of third party games for the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
I'd hope it'd be something more than Bayonetta 2 (a game we already know about). Hopefully it'll be a few titles or something unexpected.

Zelda?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TheBossGaro

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 10:37:56 PM »
I agree with most of the posters on the site. Either LoZ or whatever "new IP" Miyamoto's got up his sleeve. I suppose we'll see.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 10:56:08 PM »
Steel Diver F2P.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:14:37 PM »
I'm still rooting for the meteor.

But it's got to be something that the Spike TV audience needs. So Wii Fit U.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline MetalMario2

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:58 PM »
Maybe he's going to formally apologize to the world for giving birth to the "My body is ready" meme.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
What has been announced in Japan, is known by the internet, but hasn't been announced specifically for the U.S.?
That is likely your answer.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »
DragonQuest? Karaoke? Monster Hunter 4 Wii U? Monster Hunter Crysis engine thing?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 02:34:15 AM »
The only upcoming Wii U games that have already been announced and had footage shown that really appeal to the Spike audience are Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Soft's X.  If Nintendo was smart they'd show a new trailer for all three, especially Bayonetta 2 and X since we haven't gotten any new footage from those two since E3.  Of course Nintendo doesn't always do the smart thing so who knows.

So yeah, hopefully it's something involving those games.  Don't expect any totally new games unless Iwata himself will be their with a Nintendo Direct airing in Japan around the same time.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »
Bayonetta 2 seems like a good guess.

Offline TheBossGaro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »
The only upcoming Wii U games that have already been announced and had footage shown that really appeal to the Spike audience are Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2 and Monolith Soft's X.  If Nintendo was smart they'd show a new trailer for all three, especially Bayonetta 2 and X since we haven't gotten any new footage from those two since E3.  Of course Nintendo doesn't always do the smart thing so who knows.

So yeah, hopefully it's something involving those games.  Don't expect any totally new games unless Iwata himself will be their with a Nintendo Direct airing in Japan around the same time.

Good point, I hadn't thought about that. I don't see Spike TV people caring much about LoZ, etc. Not saying there aren't any who do, but if it's strictly a Nintendo of America thing, it's not gonna be anything that hasn't even been unveiled in Japan.

Well crap. So much for that.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »
If he was to drop a bomb wouldn't he just drop a Wii U?  Yeah I'm going for the low hanging fruit there.

Anyway, to truly make an impact I think it needs to be a big new title for 2014 and we don't really know much about what's in store for the Wii U that year so I think it's realistic.  But knowing Nintendo it will probably be something we already know about or something that just is not that exciting.  This is the company that was all "wait until you see what Retro is working on" and it was just a conventional sequel to their most recent game.  They're not very good at distinguishing what's exciting, particularly to the VGX type of audience.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
Reggie's HYPE train derailed years ago.

The model HYPE train set he is playing with now is far from the real Bullet HYPE Train we've been expecting to board. My expectations are soooo low, that short of a complete 180o on support and general mindshare, I don't even care anymore.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
Maybe Nintendo negotiated one major third party game for Wii U. Just one. And it's not exclusive.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 04:41:33 PM »
When you think about it, this would be the perfect place to show Snake returning to Smash Bros.  Metal Gear appeals heavily to the Spike audience as well as Smash Bros.  What better way to reveal him then by showing him at an event like this.  Then for the Monday update to the website, Snake's profile will be added.

Since it's looking like Sakurai wants to reveal most of the Veterans early this time, and we already got Sonic revealed, if Snake is returning then this would be the best place to reveal him.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
When you think about it, this would be the perfect place to show Snake returning to Smash Bros.  Metal Gear appeals heavily to the Spike audience as well as Smash Bros.  What better way to reveal him then by showing him at an event like this.  Then for the Monday update to the website, Snake's profile will be added.

Since it's looking like Sakurai wants to reveal most of the Veterans early this time, and we already got Sonic revealed, if Snake is returning then this would be the best place to reveal him.

A character from the last SSB game is also in the new one?  So what?  While I understand that as a third party character the logistics of Snake appearing in later SSB games was not a sure thing but this wouldn't blow my skirt up.  They might as well say "a feature did not get cut".  It would take a new third party SSB character to really make an impact.

Offline MetalMario2

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 05:05:04 PM »
Unless the Wii U gets Metal Gear Solid 5, Snake can stay the hell out of SSB. Why should Nintendo give that franchise any publicity if they're not going to benefit from it?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Agree with MetalMario2.

Reggie Retiring and introducing the new Puppet.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
Lords of Shadow 2, Tomb Raider (and DLC), and MGS V will be announced for Wii U and new trailers for X, Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Brothers will be shown.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:59:42 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:26 PM »
I doubt that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
Lords of Shadow 2, Tomb Raider (and DLC), and MGS V will be announced for Wii U and new trailers for X, Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, and Smash Brothers will be shown.
Stop it, kytim.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 07:13:17 PM »
Stop it, kytim.

Please let me dream, Adrock.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »

A character from the last SSB game is also in the new one?  So what?  While I understand that as a third party character the logistics of Snake appearing in later SSB games was not a sure thing but this wouldn't blow my skirt up.  They might as well say "a feature did not get cut".  It would take a new third party SSB character to really make an impact.

MegaMan?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 07:17:13 PM »
Resident Evil 5 comes to Wii U.