Author Topic: Disney+  (Read 139754 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Disney+
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »
Pretty sweet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »
I don't know how long it takes for new eps to show up on D+, But, check out this poster for an upcoming Simpsons episode.

Now we have some context for the poster.  MCU creator Feige, and The Russo Bros to guest star!

https://www.cbr.com/the-simpsons-kevin-feige-russo-brothers-thanos-supervillain-chinnos/

Edit: more details

Kevin Feige, Tal Fishman, Tarran Killam Joseph, Anthony Russo and Cobie Smulders Guest-Voice

Bart accidentally sees a brand-new superhero movie a month before it comes out... and the world cowers before his newfound plot-spoiling powers. Thus, a new super-villain is born: Spoiler Boy! Can heroic movie executives stop Bart before he succumbs to the temptations of ultimate evil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im5ylbHJfQU

edit: did I mention that Kevin Feige is voicing "Chinnos" in this "Infinity War" parody episode?

Airs this Sunday.
How long does it take before new episodes of Simpsons show up on D+?

I'm kinda watching it with my daughter, but we're only on S2.... hopefully it will be there before we get caught up.

LOL
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:45:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2020, 12:18:15 AM »
I just wanna say, I got Disney+ so I could catch the last season of TCW and I am very disappointed in the service overall. I found it dropped frames left and right for no real reason (I'm not even the kind of person who usually notices that kind of thing so when I'm noticing it there's a big problem) and because it barely supports any devices it's a big hassle to get it set up on my TV.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2020, 12:28:01 AM »
I can't believe they still haven't fixed The Simpsons on this service. I don't really care since I have the DVDs anyway, but considering people were complaining about that from day 1 and it's still wrong  that's just ridiculous.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2020, 03:06:57 AM »
what's the issue with he Simpsons?

is it the aspect ratio?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2020, 05:15:58 AM »
Yes, the older seasons that should be 4:3 are cropped to 16:9, sometimes cutting off jokes.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2020, 10:41:45 AM »
I can't believe they still haven't fixed The Simpsons on this service. I don't really care since I have the DVDs anyway, but considering people were complaining about that from day 1 and it's still wrong  that's just ridiculous.
The Simpsons will be available on Disney Plus in the correct aspect ratio by the end of May

Why is it taking this long? 🤷â€â™€ï¸

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »
I just wanna say, I got Disney+ so I could catch the last season of TCW and I am very disappointed in the service overall. I found it dropped frames left and right for no real reason (I'm not even the kind of person who usually notices that kind of thing so when I'm noticing it there's a big problem) and because it barely supports any devices it's a big hassle to get it set up on my TV.

I've never noticed any dropped frames at all when I use it. Strange.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2020, 11:46:34 PM »

What device are you using that it doesn't support, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:05 PM »

I had the framerate issue when the service first started, but I haven't noticed any issues in the last few months.... but I also don't watch D+ very much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2020, 11:53:36 PM »
The Simpsons will be available on Disney Plus in the correct aspect ratio by the end of May

It is weird that it wasn't fixed right away.  You'd think they'd just have the files or whatever lying around.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2020, 01:21:36 AM »

It is weird that it wasn't fixed right away.  You'd think they'd just have the files or whatever lying around.

Before Disney+ launched the show was on a site called Simpsons World that you needed a login for the FX cable channel to access, and it offered both versions, so they should definitely have the files available to them. It also offered the ability to listen to the DVD commentary tracks, which are great.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
Disney may not have had the functionality to switch between aspect ratios in its Disney+ player. Putting on my IT hat, there’s no way that should take six months to implement so my guess it just got pushed down the priority list. I suppose the most important thing to Disney was that people have been able to watch The Simpsons since launch.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »
I mean Disney needs to get the player running smoothly and start adding countries to the list that can show its material.  I also think Disney+ will need to evolve and be willing to add more things for adults.  But that is another thing entirely. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2020, 05:12:58 PM »
If it's an IT issue, I think it makes sense it's taken a while.  D+ is still expanding what and where it plays on, and there were some bandwidth issues at launch that had to be ironed out.  So, I can see how it could fall down the priority list.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2020, 07:14:17 PM »
So Disney Plus just announced that instead of having to wait until fall next year, we can watch Hamilton (filmed stage performance) on July 3 THIS YEAR!

Man, it'll really be hard to dethrone Netflix and PBS as my two favorite streaming services, but Disney Plus is just DELIVERING on SOOOO many fronts for my streaming needs these days. Heck, I just rewatched National Treasure on this service.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2020, 06:30:41 PM »
I can finally see what this Hamilton play is all about, since I am a musical fan but kinda snooty on which I deem to be good. I don't have a feeling one way or another, but do wonder if the craze around this one is a bit overrated.

I love Phantom and Les Miserables, adore Scarlet Pimpernel and Jeckyll & Hyde, liked Mrs Doubtfire, but found Wicked to be disappointing. So curious where this one falls for me. I loved the Wicked soundtrack that I have listened to for years but wasn't able to go see it until last year and it just felt...disjointed. Like it was trying to be too many things at once. I know a lot of my drama/musical friends loved it at initial release. I suspect part of it was the viewing environment (awkward meetup with co-works, hot building with no air/AC capabilities) or that the references are dated for people who missed out on the original airing and the tropes presented in the show are a little tired in 2020. Could also be that I had formed a completely different interpretation of some parts based solely on the soundtrack.

Either way, will be nice to see something like this on TV since going to musicals is out of the question for the indeterminate future.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2020, 06:56:58 PM »
I've come to the realization recently that I like musicals. But like you, I actually didn't enjoy Wicked that much when I finally saw it. It has a handful of songs I enjoyed but overall the stage production... I guess I can just chalk it up to taste. I actually haven't seem that many live, just film adaptations that I enjoy to varying degrees.

I'm actually not all that familiar with the music of Hamilton so this'll be pretty new to me all said and done.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2020, 07:44:06 PM »
I've listened to the soundtrack a few times; it's really good.  But I've never seen the play.  The few times it was in an area where I was, the tickets sold out either too quickly for me to decide if the price was worth or for me to even notice they'd gone on sale.  So, I'm looking forward to the premiere.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2020, 03:45:53 AM »
I just cancelled my Disney Plus account.  I wasn't getting much use out of it.  I guess I will go back to using it when the Marvel shows come out, or maybe I will wait until closer to one of the movies is coming out then I can stream all the shows and then watch the movie.  seems easy enough. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2020, 04:45:26 AM »
I feel you, but my daughter watches it from time to time, and there's plenty on there I haven' seen yet, but with soooooo mnay other options to watch, and NO NEW MCU CONTENT..... I find myself catching up on and checking out far more things on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon streaming.

But maybe this following video will get my daughter to (re)watch more D+ content.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6xk4W6N20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
The Wrong Missy

This was a David Spade movie on Netflix. I originally went into it thinking it was a series for some reason, and after what seemed to be an unusually long episode, I checked the time only to realized this was actually a movie. I had previously watched the trailer and fired it up on a whim after finishing "Magic for Humans" which was also quite entertaining even if a little on the cheesy side.
But The Wrong Missy was pretty funny, and I can't remember the main girls name, but she is F'n Crazy LOL, a little too over the top at times, but most of the time just a sauced up lunatic on a rampage. LMAO. Basic premise is Dude is having trouble dating, and goes on a blind date. He ends up meeting up w/ this psychotic chick named Missy and almost immediately tries to bail.
After ghosting her, he eventually meets his dream girl by accident in passing, gets her number and attempts to pursue that relationship. Things don't go as planned and let the fun begin.

Don't go into this thinking it's one of the great comedies that will have you rolling from beginning to end. Lower your expectations, as this is a perfectly acceptable way to pass a Sunday afternoon with some silly stupid **** (Rob Schneider has an appearance in this) that if you're in the right mood is sure to get more than a few laughs out of you, especially if you're a David Spade kinda guy (which I am not).

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2020, 11:54:02 PM »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 28, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »
FYI, Here’s how to restore The Simpsons to its original aspect ratio on Disney Plus

So you have to turn it off before EACH EPISODE!?
I assume they will remedy that later....