Author Topic: Um, Apple thread  (Read 251706 times)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Um, Apple thread
« Reply #225 on: September 25, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »
There are certainly niche markets that are still well-served by the iPods, but probably not prominent enough for Apple to see it worth playing them up. They're there if you want them, but Apple's not going to put a lot of marketing behind them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
I'm waiting for the iPhone Nano and iPhone Shuffle.

iPhone Shuffle is a phone in the Nano Shuffle Format with Bluetooth.
iPhone Nano same thing but with the Nano and social features.

Their is a market for ultra small phones.

Edit:

Wow, I haven't seen the new Nanos.  Someone beat them with the Ugly Stick.  Hi their white plastic thing.  Yeah that need to go and they go back to being all colored metal but, all it needs is phone things.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:06:21 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »
What would you do with an iPhone Shuffle? I imagine there would be no screen and you can only dial random contacts. That sounds like a nightmare.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »
What would you do with an iPhone Shuffle? I imagine there would be no screen and you can only dial random contacts. That sounds like a nightmare.
I prefaced it with the Nano shuffle body.  If you don't remember they made a Nano with the body of the Shuffle and an LCD screen instead of the dials.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
I got my 5S yesterday and so far I really like it. The fingerprint thing is pretty neat, if superfluous, and after having the same size screen on my 3G and 4 for 5 years the taller screen is going to take some getting used to. The best part so far is how much quicker everything works and loads compared to my iPhone 4.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
I haven't tried the fingerprint sensor and I doubt I ever will. The screen did take some getting used to and I still have an entire row of nothing. I could put something there like Google Maps, but I don't use it enough to justify moving it our of my Utilities folder. The only app I can see downloading the future is Mii Verse. I suppose I could get apps for my bank and credit card, but I usually do that stuff at home anyway. Otherwise, I have my browser, email, and youtube.

The 5S is really quick which is nice and it's noticeably lighter than the 4S. That caught me by surprise because I never really played around with the 5 so I had no idea how much weight Apple shaved off.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2013, 10:49:14 AM »
I haven't tried the fingerprint sensor and I doubt I ever will. The screen did take some getting used to and I still have an entire row of nothing. I could put something there like Google Maps, but I don't use it enough to justify moving it our of my Utilities folder. The only app I can see downloading the future is Mii Verse. I suppose I could get apps for my bank and credit card, but I usually do that stuff at home anyway. Otherwise, I have my browser, email, and youtube.

The 5S is really quick which is nice and it's noticeably lighter than the 4S. That caught me by surprise because I never really played around with the 5 so I had no idea how much weight Apple shaved off.

So what apps do you use? Also you could put a bookmark to Miiverse like so.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2013, 01:31:30 PM »

Anther apple event next week i'm guessing for the Mac and ipad product lines.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »
They've been teasing the new Mac Pro for some time now, so it's gotta be there.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
My uncle got an Iphone 5s today in the mail. He's going to hit up the apple store today and than he wants me to help him out with itunes and showing him the ropes of the OS. ts going to be good to  finally play with ios 5 on a device that's not an old one.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
-Mavricks out today for free
-Macbook Pro and Air upgrades
-iwork and ilife get updates and now free for all new ios and mac users
-Mac Pro in december
-ipad air

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
iPad Mini costs more this year. No new Thunderbolt Display. Thanks, Obama.

Mavericks being free is pretty awesome. I'm contemplating the iMac which was updated a couple weeks ago, but I'm leaning towards waiting another year. If they updated the Thunderbolt Display, I would have considered that and a Mac Mini whenever the Mac Mini gets updated.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
My uncle got an Iphone 5s today in the mail. He's going to hit up the apple store today and than he wants me to help him out with itunes and showing him the ropes of the OS. ts going to be good to  finally play with ios 5 on a device that's not an old one.
i'm pretty sure you can't get ios 5 on the 5s

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
Dude....2 G's for a 15" Macbook Pro? Suck my balls.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 22, 2013, 03:21:41 PM »
I'm sort of glad I skipped the last OSX upgrade if Maverick is actually free to all machines post 2007 like they said but, I'm wary on updating because my Wife hates iOS7 and its her machine.

Also $399 for an iPad Mini... I'm sure here thinks thats a find price but I rather have a PS4.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 22, 2013, 03:28:01 PM »
Dude....2 G's for a 15" Macbook Pro? Suck my balls.
For realz. The entire MacBook Pro line makes no sense for me. I'd never need all that power in a laptop which I now know from experience. If I ever get another laptop again, the 13 inch MacBook Air is mighty attractive.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 22, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »
I also feel like apple has too many models at this point. I see no point in continuing the  ipad 2 and the ipad mini when you have the Air and Retina models out. I guess apple wants to keep the cost advatage but the ipad mini doesn't seem so great at $300 for $16 GB when the 2013 nexus 7 which has retina costs much less for both price points.

I feel apple might see diminishing returns with the cheaper models in the same way the 5c sales have been disapointing. I do like the addition of the larger storage sizes.

iwork just makes me wish google would redesign Google Drive to be much more in line with the Play apps.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 22, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »
Apple is about to **** the bed.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2013, 06:13:35 PM »
Apple is about to **** the bed.

Not really. Despite how we fill Apple's going to clean up. The only reason I've (and i'm guessing the tech community in general) is that Apple hasn't introduced any new product lines in a long time. Apple is playing a game of refinement and it makes absolute sense.

Even as I showed my displeasure with the multiple ipads (ipad 2 lol), I understand why they're doing it. The big tech heads will buy the new new to be on the bleeding edge, while the rest will stick to the older product lines who's profit Margins are great for the company.

Still I feel that they have the best overall UI design, I feel that apple has bored me the most out of the big tech companies. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #244 on: October 22, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
Apple has sold a **** ton of iPhones, but their instocks have been pretty terrible. A lot of money is getting left on the table. I feel like having four iPad lines is gonna cause the same problem.

Also, did Apple keep the price of the iPad 2 the same?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 22, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »
The 5c was simply not cheap enough to either differeniate it from the 5s and meet a mainstream price point for the middle market.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »
Apple has sold a **** ton of iPhones, but their instocks have been pretty terrible. A lot of money is getting left on the table. I feel like having four iPad lines is gonna cause the same problem.

Also, did Apple keep the price of the iPad 2 the same?

People will buy it because its comparatively cheaper and there may be stock shortages of the bigger models. If the 5c told use anything Apple doesn't care about making a cheap or budget, even if its going to lose them markets such as China.

If they did the Ipad Mini wouldn't be double the price of its main competitors, and Apple would be making a cheaper model Macbooks using the old plastic base.

Still Apple is still the best at bringing Hardware and UI design, as well as presentations. (Though I guess that's up to you as the big three  does different type of marketing campaigns.)

I look at Safari's design and get a bit Jealous when I feel that Chrome is a tad bit ugly. Customization non with standing I feel the taskbar chrome area in the broswer could be redone and be made more Angualr. (kind of like the mobile apps go figure. 

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »
The 5c was simply not cheap enough to either differeniate it from the 5s and meet a mainstream price point for the middle market.

Yeah, the 5c kind of hit a "no man's land" of a market. Plus, the damn thing has two sizes, five color variants and 3 carriers (at launch, I think). That's 30 different models.

The 5s isn't much better at 27 variants (3x3x3).

Then you have to factor in T-Mobile.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »
why would they have to factor in T-mobile when they could make a phone that holds the LTE bands for all the carriers.  The new Nexus 7 has one variant with LTE bands for each of the carriers expect sprint.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »
I was under the impression that Apple makes one for each (AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint). Their availability seems based on the carrier, as in it's a factor.