Author Topic: This Week in Nintendo Downloads  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« on: July 20, 2009, 12:04:36 PM »
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord arrives on WiiWare alongside two others with an Art Style game for DSiWare rounding out the week.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=19042

This week in Nintendo Downloads offers a healthy variety for WiiWare, no Virtual Console games, and a single DSiWare game.    

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord is a sequel to last year's My Life as a King for WiiWare. This time around, you play as the bad guys and try to defend your evil tower from the endless hordes of heroes that try to conquer it and destroy the Dark Crystal, which is located on the top floor of the tower. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older by the ESRB and is available for 1000 Wii Points ($10).    

Battle Poker, also for WiiWare, allows up to four players to frantically try to assemble the best five-card poker hand within a time limit. In the game, which is developed by Left Field Productions, there are multiple rounds and players earn points in each round depending on how well they do. To play the game, players flip over the top card and try to pick up the cards they need before another player picks up the card instead. Battle Poker is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is available for 800 Wii Points ($8).    

The final WiiWare game, 5 Spots Party, is a family-friendly party game. The goal of the game is to find as many mistakes as possible in the pictures shown before time runs out. In the single player mode, you try to find as many mistakes in order to get a high score. In the multiplayer mode, you compete against other players to find the most mistakes as possible. 5 Spots Party is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and is available for 500 Wii Points ($5).    

The lone DSiWare title for the week is Art Style: Zengage, the latest game in Nintendo's Art Style series. In the game, you slide squares to match the beads that are located on the game board in order to complete a stage. The game features over 100 stages and is available now for 500 Wii Points ($5).    

Sadly, this marks the first week in North America that no Virtual Console games have been released ever since the service has launched.    

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: ART, CARDS AND CRYSTALS HAVE GAMERS SEEING SPOTS    

July 20, 2009    

Looking for a big name to bolster your downloading agenda this week? We've got two words for you: FINAL FANTASY®. The latest additions to the ever-growing WiiWare™ game library include the new FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES®: My Life as a Darklord™, plus a fast-paced poker title and a brain-teasing party game that everyone in the household can enjoy. Also this week, the Nintendo DSiWare™ service welcomes a slick new installment in the Art Style™ series, mixing extraordinary sounds and visuals to create a captivating puzzle game.    

WiiWare    

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: My Life as a Darklord
 Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
 Players: 1
 ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Mild Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes
 Price: 1,000 Wii Points™
 Description: Step into the royal shoes of the Darklord's daughter as she installs traps and monsters inside her tower to fight back the endless waves of invading adventurers in this world-conquest RPG. Known as Artifacts, these monsters and traps are your only hope in keeping the adventurers from destroying the Dark Crystal on the top floor. Fly your tower across the land and conquer every stage on your way to dominating the entire world.    

Battle Poker
 Publisher: Left Field Productions
 Players: 1-4
 ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
 Price: 800 Wii Points
 Description: Battle Poker is a family-friendly card game with up to four players battling against the clock to make the best five-card hand possible. Battles are played across multiple rounds, and points are scored for each round based on the quality of the hand. Each player uses a Wii Remote™ controller to point and click on a standard deck of cards on the screen. The first click flips the card over, at which point it can be grabbed by anyone else. You've got to have fast fingers and eyes to grab the cards you need before someone else snatches them.    

5 Spots Party
 Publisher: Cosmonaut Games
 Players: 1-4
 Price: 500 Wii Points
 Description: Have fun with the entire family and compete in three different play modes. 5 Spots Party is a game of skill for all ages based on the popular game of finding five differences. The goal is to find the greatest number of differences in the pictures shown. In the party modes, you must compete with other players and find as many mistakes as possible. In the 1-Player mode, you must find the differences before time runs out in order to beat the game's highest scores. How far do you think you can go?    

Nintendo DSiWare    

Art Style: ZENGAGE™
 Publisher: Nintendo
 Players: 1
 Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
 Description: Do you dream of relaxing with a great puzzle game? Art Style: ZENGAGE revolves around sliding cells (squares) to match colors with cores (beads) located on the board. Clear each stage by matching all of the cores and cells. As you progress through the game's 100-plus stages, you'll encounter cells with special characteristics, such as immovability, which further add to the challenge. To truly master ZENGAGE, you must keep your mind sharp and employ careful strategy to complete stages in as few moves as possible. Combining wistful graphics and mesmerizing sound, ZENGAGE creates a surreal world that should be experienced by all puzzle gaming fans.    

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop™ and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.    

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit Wii.com or NintendoDSi.com.

PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: This Week in Nintendo Downloads
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:32 AM »
Once again I ask where my Monkey Island is

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
This leads further credence to my theory that they're saving Super Smash Bros. To b the 500th Virtual Console game, which at this rate will come out at some point in mid- to late-2012.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »
Once again I ask where my Monkey Island is

Go play Tiki Towers instead. It's almost the same thing. It has monkey's your game has monkey's is practically identical .....

I downloaded the game. Pretty fun stuff.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
Shyguy is right, I though it had been confirmed that episode 1 of Tales of Monkey Island would release today?

Also, I think that there were no Virtual Console games released the week that WiiWare was launched, so this wouldn't be the first time. Strange though since there is no reason this week. It's not for a lack of games since Europe has about 20 VC games not released here yet (including SUPER SMASH BROS.).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
Shyguy is right, I though it had been confirmed that episode 1 of Tales of Monkey Island would release today?
No, last Tuesday, Telltale told us, "The Tales of Monkey Island series premiere release is expected very soon.  We're working with Nintendo on finalizing this date and expect to have news to share shortly."  And we haven't heard anything since.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Michael8983

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
When are we going to get Yoshi's Island on the virtual console? For that matter why not Mario All Stars now that all the individual titles have been released separately?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »
For that matter why not Mario All Stars now that all the individual titles have been released separately?
The same reason why Super Mario All-Stars wasn't released on the GBA: because they sell just fine individually.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 09:11:17 PM »
When are we going to get Yoshi's Island on the virtual console? For that matter why not Mario All Stars now that all the individual titles have been released separately?
Wasn't YI problem the Super FX2 chip crap and the emulator on the Wii can't make it work or something?

That's what I heard...
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Wasn't YI problem the Super FX2 chip crap and the emulator on the Wii can't make it work or something?

That's what I heard...

Didn't stop it from being released on the Game Boy Advance (and it's not like Nintendo is afraid to give us different versions, the VC version of The Legend of Zelda is the version that was part of The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition rather than the original NES version).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20