Author Topic: I can't believe that Rogue Squadron series could join the Dark Side  (Read 10041 times)

Offline egman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I can't believe that Rogue Squadron series could join the Dark Side
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2003, 01:30:44 PM »
Grey Ninja--Thank you. . I agree that I don't like all this talk of titles moving to N5, but with amount of stuff that has already been push into the next year or so, PilotWings just seems more and more likely as a canidate for the next platform. When I think about it,  Rogue Leader was kind of  replacement for a PilotWings gam. I don't have much evidence to support that claim, but my feeling is that Nintendo was thinking the same way that I am right now and therefore insisted that Factor 5 have title ready for launch. Consequently, it just seems to make sense to them let them have a run at PilotWings to fufill that same role again. Factor 5 has not only proved their ability to push a platform and then some, but Rogue Leader showed that they could squeeze out an impressive game under a major time crunch--a nice quality for a developer working on launch title to have. It really says a lot about Factor 5 when their launch title arguably unmatched while we head into 3rd generation software.

Offline dmcollin

• View Profile
RE:I can't believe that Rogue Squadron series could join the Dark Side
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2003, 05:56:38 PM »
i think this rumor came along when factor 5 said it had a xbox dev kit, but i think that was more for developing divx codecs for consoles.  Anyways whoever said that putting it out to the ps2 for increased sales is absolutely correct.  I love the gc, but the ps2 will always sell a boat load more than any multplatform gc or xbox game since you are looking at a 50+ mil compared to 10 mil for gc & xbox.  And since when did xbox.ign beat everyone else to knowing the release date of the original trilogy.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2003, 08:25:06 PM »
6.5 and a 6.75 were GI's reviews for the game, not up to par according to them.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2003, 08:40:01 PM »
IGN Xbox also gave Raw 2 a 9.0 when most reviews are 5-6 out of 10... Safe to say, they aint reliable...

Doubt this happens. For 1, Nintendo wouldnt have given Factor 5 the pilotwings liscence... if they were going to spend time porting their best stuff to the Xbox and 2. Just because some Third parties are jumping ship, doesnt mean Lucasarts will... Last time i checked,  their games have sold plenty well on the GCN, and Lucas arts is giving us Gladius and the rest of their library....  

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2003, 07:36:19 AM »
wow that is shocking how low that is

Also its funny how early they got the game, seeing as how that Cubism guy from IGN got an early copy and said there was a lot of bugs and such and he got his copy way before IGN ever did.

Also the version he played was not the finished version( game was not even finished until the 9th of Oct.)

Another thing is while Rebel strike got high praise from many sites, Game Informer thrashed it in its previews

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2003, 06:29:02 PM »
have you guys ever noticed how GI always trashes the Gamecube, they are the most biasd magazine out there.

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2003, 06:43:42 PM »
oh and about Pilot Wings that Matt guy at IGN just said its coming to Gamecubes successor in the newest  N-Query

Offline Locke Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Manny
Joining the darkside?  After reading game informers review on the game, it seems we have more to fear than them jumping ship to xbox.  I know its just one magazines opinion but this isnt a good start for the newest addition to the rs trilogy.

Don't ever listen to Game Informer, and if you did read the review he hated almost everything.  Even the flying....  I can understand the ground missions, from what I've heard some of them are realtivly weak and need more work on and some are actually pretty good.  Just wait till Gamespot reviews it and please don't give me this "Gamespot is soo bias" crap on me.  I mainly trust Gamespot cause they are fair with most of their reviews.  

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2003, 07:53:27 PM »
Greg Kasavin and another dude, fair, YES.  Some of the other guys, NO.  But that's the trend with "big time" online journalist outlets.

I like statements that say things like "hey, the was pretty fun, unfortunately doesn't really excell or compete with this and that, but still commendable/fun and worth a shot" which is a far cry from "BECAUSE THIS THING DOESN'T MEASURE UP TO THAT THING WE'RE GONNA GIVE IT A LOWER SCORE AND CONDEMN IT TO HELL'S BATHROOM AND MAKE ANYTHING BELOW A 70%-SOMETHING SEEM COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND CRAPTASTIC."

I'd like to get a "recall vote" on for some of "those" people.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2003, 07:53:56 PM »
How 'bout we all try playing the game and then come to our own damn conclusions about whether it roxxors or suxxors. I'm not saying reviews are bad but some people are ridiculously too dependent on what they say. I know if I listened to all the reviews I probably would never have even played most of the games I love.

Besides Game Informer is infamously crappy anyway. Unless it has Billy's name on it I would just ignore it.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2003, 11:56:48 PM »
I still consider IGNcube to be pretty reliable when it comes to factual information, but Matt Cassmawahassinasima is really starting to piss me off. The guy seems to hate Nintendo as a company, and he doesn't seem to be any more fond of the GCN than any other system. The guy seriously deserves a kick to the groin or something.

Don't even get me started on EGM. They treat the Cube like it's some kind of second tier console.

How the mighty have fallen.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Uglydot

• Jesus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2003, 01:35:25 AM »
IGN has always been terrible with video games.  Decent place to get info on mp3 players and TVs and such, but video games news is a whole different matter.

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2003, 04:17:56 AM »

Originally posted by: BlkPaladin
Which is funny because that site start out as a N64 site.

There is no greater enemy than a former friend (or lover).  It's possible that IGN writers once loved Nintendo, but now they are feeling bitter about Nintendo coming in at only ~15% market share the last two generations (N64 & Cube).  
Favorite classic games
Space Invaders, Missile Command, Berzerk, Defender, Mario 1.5, Final Fantasy 6

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2003, 08:00:09 PM »
Why does it matter?  Let Xbox fans have a little fun.  It's just a rumor anyway.