Author Topic: Submitted Entries... do you get notified?  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Submitted Entries... do you get notified?
« on: March 25, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »
Anyone know if you get notified if your replay, screen shot, etc is picked by Nintendo for they're daily download feed?  I've submitted my first entry (13sec Toon Link Run in Target Smash 1).  However, on the rare chance it gets picked, I'd be nice to know.  (BTW, I've sent that replay to a few of you showed up in my "send" list... which isn't everyone.  I guess you do need Wii codes exchanged as well)

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
Re: Submitted Entries... do you get notified?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
Caliban had a good run with falcon as well.

Has anyone else here sent anything to Nintendo via the submit button yet?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
I did watch your replays, they were great.

My Falcon run on lvl 1 was 14.65 or 14.56, I can't remember and I always delete them which is a bad idea lol, but that is not my record. My record is 14.16, I must've been in a trance because I didn't save the replay and I haven't been able to repeat the feat, oh and my Falcon run and a few others were inspired by Myxtik_Azn's runs, he's really good at smash the target.

It's funny how you mentioned the submit button yet I had no clue it was there lol. Now that I know, I will certainly start submitting replays and snapshots.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »
It's only one submission per day, and they supposedly pick one each day.  However, I don't have the slightest clue how they handle submissions.  Do they toss entries daily (meaning you'd have to resubmit the same entry over and over)?  Do they send you a message if they pick one of your submissions?  You'd think that they'd put all of the chosen entries in at least tabular form online on the Nintendo WiFi site.

As for break the targets in particular, I'll happily watch ones sent to my Wii, but I don't like to hunt them down on youtube or the like.  I'd rather just try and figure out good methods myself.  I'm sure people online have faster times, but frankly ... I don't care :)

Hopefully, you enjoy the ones I send out and I look forward to any sent to me.

My record is 14.16, I must've been in a trance because I didn't save the replay and I haven't been able to repeat the feat

Know how that feals...  I got that way on target test 3, that has that catapult and smart bomb...  seems like it doesn't go off sometimes (makes a weird noise instead)... just kept playing that over and over and over...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:55:19 PM by Shecky »

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:51:49 AM »
Would be cool if nintendo stored them all, and in 50years when 1TB is nothing. Released them and we could dl them in a min.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 07:57:09 AM »
You make it sound like 1TB of storage is a big deal now... :)

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »
Today's replay (Yoshi + Ike - Home Run Contest) is just insane.... 7000 FT!?!

And they didn't even use the bat :p  (remind me never to get hit by that move in-game)