Author Topic: Batman Movies  (Read 36249 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Batman Movies
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:15:25 PM »
I'm breaking from the super thread. So, this will be a thread for "The Batman" and it's sequels.

So, The Matt Reeves Batman movie is starting to shape up. Affleck has been out for months. Robert Pattinson is now Batman, now to informally be referred to as Battinson or The Patman. The Batmobile will inevitably be known as the Patmobile(I always referred to My car as such actually)

Commissioner James Gordon is going to be played by the amazing Jeffrey Wright. My only question about this is how will he wear his facial hair. Will he do the traditional mustache, clean shaven like the TV66 version, or have a beard?

Jonah Hill is rumored to be in. I hear both rumors for Penguin or Riddler. I've also heard the rumor that he has the choice. This kind of reminds me of when Emma Stone was going to be Spider-man's love interest. Most thought she was going to play Mary Jane because she had red hair before, but she ended up playing Gwen Stacy. She would would have been pretty comic accurate either way. After watching Maniac I could see him as either character. There is also a rumor he'll be calendar man too. I am not too familiar with the character.

Other rumors/details about this movie: The movie will be structured like a detective movie , so Batman will be in every scene, and it won't shift perspective. Maybe it'll have a noir soundtrack? Supposedly based on The Long Halloween. I imagine it will only be partially based on that in the way Batman Begins was partially based on Year One or Infinity War and Civil War were based on those.

I'm looking forward to new details as they trickle out.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:14:44 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: The Batman
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
Fat Jonah Hill has the look for Penguin, but the comedic chops for Riddler.  Skinny Jonah Hill has a better look for Riddler, but could probably do Penguin better.  He's kinda stuck. :/

As for Jeffrey Wright, he should do mustache with five o'clock shadow.  That's the optimal Detective Gordon look.  The mustache is a choice, but the beard should look like a consequence of a job that keeps him at work for 18 hours a day.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
I sometimes roll my eyes at identity-swapping characters, but Jeffery Wright would be a very good choice for Gordon. Older than Batman but not too old, tired, smart, but you can tell he's tough underneath it all.

If you haven't read the Long Haloween, the main characters in the story:

Batman
Catwoman
Gordon
Harvey Dent and his wife
Calendar Man
The Falcone crime family

Most other Batman villains show up as well. I honestly think this would be tough one to do in one movie. It was originally a 13 part series, where each book was a holiday.

Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years
Valentine's Day
St Patrick's Day
April Fools Day
Mother's Day
Father's Day
Independence Day
Alberto Falcone's Birthday
Labor Day
Halloween

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 04:58:21 AM »
I also heard the rumor that Jonah Hill wants a big paycheck. He wants 10 million. If he has to wear a fat suit or gain a bunch of weight that could be reasonable.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
It's understandable that Mr. Hill would want a big paycheck. He's a double Oscar nominee with serious acting chops. Why take a Ben Affleck sized risk gambling your newfound status on a Batman project. Besides they're gonna make half a billion on it easily, regardless of quality, or double that if it's a good film. Might as well take a chunk out of that.

THAT SAID, I'm willing to cut Warner Bros. a good deal here. I'll gain a bunch of weight and play a penguin for just a measly 5 million Dollars! Heck, let's just mo-cap the whole thing, I'll do that for just 3 million!

Once in a lifetime opportunity here, WB.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 11:09:11 PM »
Long Halloween could be a great place to start if you wanna universe build, since it covers so much existing territory.  I'm actually really excited they're going the detective route because that's Batman's best trait: he's a fucking genius.  That almost never gets portrayed in film.  Long Halloween would probably make for a better mini-series though.  But maybe they'll just make a 3.5 hour movie and throw in an intermission.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »
So people like those possible casting rumors? Other than Jeffrey Wright, I'm not enthused by any of them...
That said, everyone is capable so maybe I'm just being a stick-in-the-mud. The sad thing is, I'll probably watch either way just to find out.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
Jonah Hill is out

Paul Dano is in as the Riddler

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
I hope that isn't really Cat Woman.  I really like the actress for the role, but that costume you would not be able to fight in that.  That could be a fine Selena Kyle outfit at a club or something, but not THE cat woman suit. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 07:24:38 PM »
I don't think that's supposed to be the Catwoman costume, probably just a model shoot. Here she is in X-Men first class:

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 04:46:09 AM »
Oh no when I found out she was Catwomen I just typed "Zoe Kravitz skin tight" and used the most Catwomenesque picture.

I think with Catwoman they have to make a costume that is functional, but not rich guy level tech.

I think they need to do something fairly different.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:00:47 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 07:31:49 AM »
I really like the cat woman costume in the comics. blended with the costume from the old animated series.  It needs to be sexy, but that can easily just be played by her personality.  And I like the idea of the googles and whip belt.  I can also see her kinda having "utility" Belt for snatching things and storing them while she escapes.  I don't see her stealing big things.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
I really like the big goggles type. She's a jewel thief and would need to see well at night, and it makes here look like a cat.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »
I think a Catwoman costume similar to the one in the Telltale Batman series would probably be the best pick for a Live Action costume (setting aside the Returns costume, naturally)

It just looks practical and reasonably proportioned, unlike (ironically) the Catwoman design of The Batman. I know it doesn't look that bad in still frame, but it looks worse in motion.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:10:19 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
The ears on that are cartoon-ishly big.  Not a fan.  The Telltale suit looks great though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 12:22:41 AM »

I thought this cosplayers Castwoman costume was pretty good

this ones too

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
Catwoman in The Batman cartoon.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
BTW, WB...while we're on the Telltale kick, if you wanted to outright steal their Harley Quinn design (if you're not going to use the classic B:TAS costume), that'd be cool. Telltale's version of Harley Quinn was fantastic.

They also had a pretty good Riddler design.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 07:33:17 PM »
Not a fan of the hood, but then again I love camp.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »

He wears the hood because, in the Telltale series, Riddler's an old man (in his late 50s/early 60s if I remember right). He was running around tossing out riddles back in Thomas Wayne's day. The hood helps to hide that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
I'm going to say Riddler does not need to be purple and green.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »

He wears the hood because, in the Telltale series, Riddler's an old man (in his late 50s/early 60s if I remember right). He was running around tossing out riddles back in Thomas Wayne's day. The hood helps to hide that.

That makes sense, and is a pretty practical solution.  But I still miss the hat.  And hoods are kind of a young person thing.  Like Damian or Cloak.  I always think of them as young and hooded.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 03:54:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9hBVszKhs
The New news is Colin Farrel is penguin. Andy Serkis is Alfred.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »
Colin Farrel is an odd choice. One of Penguins common traits is he's compensating for the fact that's he's not the leading man type.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
It depends on the version. The thing that is most common with him is he's an upper class aristocrat type that wears black and white suits.

I did a quick Photoshop yesterday. I just put Colin Farrel's face on Gary Cooper's body and gave him glasses.

giving him some crazy chompers like Jonah Hill had in Wolf of Wall Street might take him over the edge.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »
The Batman is a solid animated series. It's not quite on the level of BTAS but it's still a solid series and a really appreciate that it basically went and did it's own thing instead of aping the DCAU show.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 12:52:51 AM »
The Batman got better after season 1.  I think season 1 was them trying to figure out what they wanted to be and season 2 really showed they figured it out. 

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 12:57:15 AM »
The Batman got better after season 1.  I think season 1 was them trying to figure out what they wanted to be and season 2 really showed they figured it out.

I will definitely argue that Season 4 of The Batman is on par with Batman: TAS, and it definitely improved greatly after season 1. That said, some of its character choices are just baffling, such as reverting Mr. Freeze back to a simple thief fond of spouting Batman & Robin-esque ice puns.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 06:44:03 AM »
Yes The Batman got better and better as they figured out what they wanted to be.  Batman: TAS and Justice League are my gold standard for any comic book animation. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 11:37:27 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2019, 09:51:14 PM »
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/robert-pattinsons-batman-suit-rumored-blue-grey/

I have a feeling that The Batman is going to be very kid friendly. But not overtly so.

I'm kinda expecting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMxcIkgWeCU

or this

I imagine he'll have his own original batlogo for branding reasons.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:01:58 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:49 PM »
Or it could just be a dark Blue and Grey color films better and it has nothing to do with being kid friendly but designing a costume that will look dynamic on film.  I mean the previous Batman Costumes don't really scream dynamic images. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
I mean kid friendly in the way Spider-man or Iron Man are, not like Batman Forever is. Also, not incredibly dark like Joker.  If that makes sense. Also, not like Batman v Superman in any way. Maybe the middle between Guardians of the Galaxy and The Dark Knight. I would be positive about a version like this. It would be something different. I'm not sure everyone would like it, but I would.

Basically the difference between this and this

There isn't quite an on screen representation of this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:51:02 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 02:32:55 AM »

I saw this one on Deviant Art
https://www.deviantart.com/kyomusha

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 03:40:49 AM »
I'm still a little disappointed we didnt get JK Simmons more as Gordon because he is a fantastic actor - for proof watch his recent show Counterpart. It's only 20 episodes but his 2 characters is just mind-blowing for how well he plays them. It's Tatiana Maslany levels of good.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 05:13:52 PM »
The DCEU isn't totally dead. Warner wants to have it all ways it seems. I think they've abandoned the "if we have this we can't have that" concept. We'll have to see how well Birds of Prey does. JK Simmon's version of Commissioner Gordon could show up in future movie in that line. If it is successful.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
I thought the white eyes were weird, but then I realized that if you were truly trying to hide your identity hiding your eyes might be wise and important.  Plus it plays on the fear and alienation of the character...it makes Batman less human and more scary.

As for the DC Movie Universe, I think they don't have to give it up, just make better movies in the universe.  The Aquaman movie wasn't great but it was watchable.  Shazam was worse than Aquaman, but watchable.  Start populating that universe and slowly make it less dark would be fine. 

DC as a comic company (in recent years) has seemed to have more powerful heroes but a darker universe.  Like when things go bad, it is almost never a small thing, and events that happen can get twisted fast.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2019, 03:00:41 AM »
I liked both Aquaman and Shazam but wasn't too much of a fan of BVS, SS, or JL. They're weird movies. They're spectacle over substance. They are intriguing to watch the first time, but not good for repeat watches. I think one of the bigger reasons Aquaman and Shazam were appealing is they were lighter. Wonder Women is a movie that starts off good, but ends with some CG nonsense. Christopher Reeve Superman is the Best incarnation. The thing I liked about Man of Steel was the fighting. It was the first Superman with decent fight scenes.  The next best fight scenes is on Superman 3(superman vs superman). Superman 2 is the best Superman movie, but I really need to watch the Richard Donner cut. I've only seen the theatrical version which was still pretty good.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2019, 04:00:43 AM »
I think Superman Returns had huge potential and the scene where he is flying and using heat vision to melt the glass and protect people is just PERFECT superman and creative outside the box thinking about Superman's powers.  I think Man of Steel had someone what good fight scenes, but in the end it was Superman just using brute force.  I really want to see Superman be creative and smart with his powers.  Using all of them for outthink, and maneuver his opponents.  But very few movies show that side of Superman.  He should be having fun showing the futility of the bad guys evil actions to them.  That is an important trait of Superman's. 

Batman also has a style of fighting.  It is misdirection that leads to fear and mistakes.  Batman toys with enemy is a very brutal way, picking his targets eliminating them from biggest treat to weakest, and uses the weakest to get information...But it isn't about showing futility and invulnerability...but about causing as much fear as possible.

The Flash is the community hero.  He is about building a better community and that includes trying to reason with his villains and form relationship with them.  He understands above anyone else that these are humans and people and if you can reach them they can be saved from their life of crime.  Superman has that hope too, but he tends to be more global.

Wonder Woman is the warrior.  Get the job done with as few casualties as possible, but she is like Batman and will give no quarter.  But she is also an ambassador which means she struggles with how she would like to handle the situation and how she should handle it. 

If you can't get these 4 characters right, you can NEVER get Justice League right.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 04:13:37 AM »
They should have just made separate movies first. Batman vs Superman should have just been replaced Ben Afflecks Batman movie. I was pretty excited when he got cast as both Batman and a Director based on how great The Town was. But then the DCEU movies were totally a step backwards from what the Nolanverse movies were. They didn't feel grounded in reality at all. If you threw Batman into the Town that would be a great movie. I kinda want to see Boston as Gotham sometime.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:16:54 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
first leak of Penguin

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:44:15 PM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 05:59:33 PM »
Who is the actor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
Colin Farrel

it looks like he'll have practically the same look he had on Fantastic Beasts, but with grey hair

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:50:12 PM by ThePerm »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »
Too tall, too thin, not Danny DeVito. 4.5/10

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:44:10 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2020, 06:01:30 AM »
He's throwing on weight for the role.

The grey hair is for another role. So kinda curious about the grey haired guy in the first shot with the same hairline

https://youtu.be/j1yKugTpRjg?t=470

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »
I think we need to update the title of the thread to match the name of the movie: The Batman

And, cast characters released, and filming officially started.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200128005479/en/Filming-Underway-Warner-Bros.-Pictures

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2020, 03:14:30 AM »
It started off as The Batman, but then I thought about how this is probably going to have sequels. Also people started talking about the separate The Batman cartoon.

This thread is about Batman movies, but not the DCEU, or DC TV shows. So, you could talk about Matt Reeves The Batman, The Burton Schumacher movies, and the Nolan movies. Suicide Squad, Joker, and Birds of Prey fit in the Venn Diagram. Shazaam, Aquaman and Wonder Woman don't.

My main problem with the other thread is I don't watch the CW shows and I didn't watch Gotham. I might watch those eventually, but I'm mainly into the films. They just seem like a separate topic.

So the logic here is: Does it center around Batman or a major rogues gallery character of his? Is it a movie? If the answer to both those questions is yes then it belongs here.

speaking of Joker I posted this on reddit the other day and it went viral
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:33:06 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Batman Movies
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2020, 05:45:59 AM »
I just don't get it.  Hmmm...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »
So if Batman is in a bad movie is it a Bat Movie?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2020, 11:26:50 PM »

He was in Justice League so yes.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2020, 05:30:42 PM »
speaking of Joker I posted this on reddit the other day and it went viral

I just don't get it.  Hmmm...

The same painting appears in both shots.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »

He was in Justice League so yes.

Badman v Superman was a bat movie.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2020, 03:44:14 AM »
https://www.gamesradar.com/joker-jack-nicholson-reference-painting/
https://www.nme.com/news/film/joker-easter-egg-batman-1989-painting-the-blue-boy-2603147
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3AKMqVU9X0

It's really weird. I never went viral before. I was doing a totally different project and I noticed that Blue Boy was in Joker. I had remembered it had been in Batman 89. So at 1:03 am  I put the two frames together. I posted it and I got 4 immediate upvotes. I worked on some other projects and then I went to sleep. Then I woke up sometime after noon and noticed it had about 800 upvotes. I read through the thread and I got a comment that I should crosspost it over in r/moviedetails. So I go to movie details and I noticed someone had already re-posted it and it got like 60k upvotes now at 63k. Then I was scrolling through youtube yesterday and there was a thumbnail for a new video titled "JOKER New Hidden Easter Eggs You Missed!" Oh I didn't miss it.

"For my whole life I didn't know if I even existed, but I do. And people are starting to notice"

That's not really a way to make art though. I usually do what I do without thinking about the likes. The only thing I really wanted to go viral was this one.
https://old.reddit.com/r/joker/comments/eten9t/get_it/

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:53:34 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2020, 09:41:32 AM »
Nevermind...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2020, 06:13:30 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2020, 07:52:15 PM »
beat me to it. But embeded for embeded people

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2020, 07:56:19 PM »
Hmmm. I dunno what I think about that test.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »

I took frames into photoshop and re-exposed them so you can see more detail.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:39:13 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »
ooooooh. Red!

- Music is interesting. Very classical music
- What we see of the suit reminds me the Arkham Origins game
- Interesting that the Bat Symbol is practical. They look like weapons on climbing picks of some sort.
- Cape has a little bit of a collar.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2020, 10:27:19 PM »
I get a real John Carpenter vibe from the score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5UU2TxOcZs

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2020, 04:58:12 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2020, 12:44:10 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8o5kANFqgC/

What we might expect based on speculation. Supposedly Ash Thorp might be the designer and this is what he's posting. The rumor is the new Batmobile will be a 60s muscle car with some embelishments.

"always loved the look and design language of the 60’s Lincoln Continentals. In my mind they encapsulated the idea of what America was in the 60’s so perfectly. It’s still one of the most beautiful cars to me so I figured why not mess that all up :). What if someone took the shell of a 61 and turned it into a track day terror. Wider, faster, stronger. Created in C4D, rendered in Redshift, materials by @les83machines produced with love. Totally silly idea but that’s what’s fun about all of this... no rules :). More to come! ."

also
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7l8ip0FZT4/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-yVoJTCo8
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:57:40 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
A fuller look at the Batsuit on a stuntman

I guess Ben Affleck got a new job as a stuntman.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »
Those pauldrons on the suit look a bit weird.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Actually he kind of looks how I would expect an actual Batman to look. It looks like he can pee in the suit.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
It looks like the cape may be all CGI.  Personally, I really like that suit as it is, in that I could go without a cape, since everyone knows they are completely not functional in real life.  The arm thing is strange, but if they have a function then it might make more sense.  I also really like that motorcycle.  It seems like a modified real motorcycle instead of a weapon built from the ground up.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2020, 03:22:30 PM »
The cowl looks weird.  The forehead is bulging, and the ears are meh.  I'm not a fan of the suit overall.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2020, 02:50:10 AM »
The cowl from the reveal trailer and the cowl for the stuntman are different. There is a helmet and goggles built into the stuntman's cowl. He's got dots on his face. They're just going to paint that head out. Probably better that it's bulbous for lighting data.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »

It looks like a Mustang or Dodge Charger or Plymouth Duster. The tail lights are just mustang lights turned sideways.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:43:05 PM by ThePerm »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2020, 10:19:12 AM »
Has this been confirmed as a retro movie, taking place in the 80s or something?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2020, 11:44:05 AM »
I believe it's a Year one, or Year two story.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41:59 PM »
The Batmobile should look more car-like, to be honest.  The mini-tank design from the Nolan trilogy made sense in context, and the films did a good job of pointing out one of the flaws in the tank design.  Now, Batman could build his own thing like that, but it makes more sense for him to start from a regular-ish car.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2020, 09:27:31 PM »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2020, 10:14:11 PM »
A batman movie where he actually does some detective work is honestly a dream come true for me. Very excited for this now.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
This is looking very interesting. I'm most curious as to how they'll approach his combat. Pattinson is on the lean side so I'm hoping we'll see some more agility/evasion based combat rather than the usual brawn approach.

Looks like they're pushing Riddler as the main villain in this one.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »
Considering the last time the Riddler was in a Batman movie I was in 5th or 6th grade then great.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2020, 11:09:45 PM »
Considering the last time the Riddler was in a Batman movie I was in 5th or 6th grade then great.

I just hope that the Joker stays the hell away from it. Bring on the Riddler.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2020, 11:32:03 PM »
Wow, that trailer was great.  With all the superhero movies we have now a days, focusing on Batman being an actual detective for once is a great choice.  Hopefully the final movie will be similar to the tone of the trailer.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »
Looks interesting.
Just came to post it in the other thread

But clearly that and more has already happened.
I'll watch them all later.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2020, 05:51:08 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VL7EBxHSxU

I just remembered Matt Reeves directed Let Me In, and Richard Jenkins character looked sort of like the Riddler was in The Batman trailer. It also reminds me of how dark Matt Reeves can go.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2020, 03:30:04 PM »
Batman was apparently served undercooked.... Robert Pattinson now test positive for Covid-19. Production temporarily halted...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/09/09/robert-pattinson-the-batman-coronavirus

All jokes aside (regardless of how bad they are) I hope it's a mild or asymptomatic case to which a full recovery is made. Hopefully no one else caught it too.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
It's been a bad week for superhero movies. I hope he gets better with a full recovery.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2020, 01:25:15 AM »
Aw, jeeze.  Also hoping for no long-term effects for the guy.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 12:34:36 AM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »
As for villians in the next movie, I would like to see Catwoman and or the Riddler. The could fit well in this Batman universe. Catwoman is a villainess that confuses Batman's loyalties. Sometimes she's good, sometimes she's a thief.

The Riddler is best to view him as a man with an ego. He want's to flaunt his intellectual superiority. That's the way I've always viewed the reason he leaves clues behind in his crimes. He's so certain that he can outsmart everyone, he even leaves hints behind to help people because he's sure he can still beat them by giving them a handicap.

Recently in the comics, The Riddler has gone straight and become a rival detective of Batman's. He gets more joy out of solving a crime before Batman can figure it out. That goes back to my belief about him wanting to show off his intellectual superiority. A person like that could work in this "realistic" Batman world. A movie about elitism. I like it.

the last two movies were in Chicago

i get sort of a dirty harry vibe out of nolan's movies

as for riddler..i was thinking...I watched the last 2 seasons of dexter religiously, and the ice truck killer was one who left little clues as to who he was, i imagine riddler as leaving dead bodies all around with little clues, little does batman know he works for wayne enterprises.

I dug up these relevent posts from 14 years ago.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2022, 11:31:17 PM »
I think this will be the definitive The Batman Breakdown   Full Movie Analysis & Details You Missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjCTKgXS9Y
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 05:28:27 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GarrettPatton

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2022, 11:23:15 PM »
The theme of Batman movies is always attractive even with cartoons. Also looking forward to the new version of the film https://modsuper.com/tr/inat-tv-pro
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 11:20:39 AM by GarrettPatton »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2022, 12:43:50 AM »
I think this will be the definitive The Batman Break downingull  Full Movie Analysis & Details You Missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjCTKgXS9Y

This was a really good breakdown! I actually loved The Batman, and it might be my favorite film adaptation. I think he didn't cover enough of the tension Bruce had to have felt with The Riddler possibly having found out his secret. There's also quite a bit of this Bruce Wayne being all-in on being Batman to the point of: 1) not keeping up with his accountants, 2) being a recluse (and not a playboy as he usually is), and especially 3) not being involved with his father's legacy in a public way. He's so early in his career that he hasn't yet mastered being Bruce Wayne, and he's not even great at being Batman yet.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2022, 05:27:25 AM »
If you ignore the details that Bruce isn't sure who his parents killer is in The Batman, The Batman fits as a followup to Batman Begins. The Dark Knight and The Batman are both year 2 batman films. That's the main thing I didn't like about the Dark Knight Rises was how they shelved Bruce for several years. I liked the movie, and it had some cool bits, but the idea he didn't do anything for several years meant he didn't do a lot.