Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 461967 times)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2003, 04:25:23 PM »
Well, thats an ok bargain, but...... not good enough..

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2003, 04:32:40 PM »
not good enough? thats a fl0rking good deal as far as im concerned, 80 for a NEW game and  memory card!!
come on! COME ON!

i would do it if i had 80 laying around, mortal kombat games are allways great multiplayer fun, nothing like a round of "loser gets off" with about 8 friends, the thrill, the exhileration, the un beliveable joy of beating someone whos been there for about 10 consecutive turns ^_^

Offline rodtod

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2003, 05:24:39 PM »
*wishes he was Australian*
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2003, 12:54:01 AM »
He. NOW you say that.
If you said you wished you were Australia a few weeks a go, we'd have killed you. All the games and accessories you guys get first (I'm assuming you're American here) makes some of us wish we lived in America (maybe). Well, we could just import and let it be done with.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2003, 12:55:00 AM »
lol at ^
Yes I know we are better than the rest of the world, but you should try to be happy with your 2nd world country, it has some good points!
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline rodtod

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2003, 01:25:41 PM »
you want me to bring some games over?
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2003, 03:46:47 PM »
Ok

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2003, 01:50:41 PM »
I was over at Nintendo Australia's site, and their Game Matrix only has two racing games coming this year! They are F-Zero and Lotus Challenge! I would think that they'd at least have Mario Kart on it. But there is one that is missing. And that is Burnout 2. It's not even on the list. Is it even coming to Australia?

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2003, 01:28:07 AM »

Originally posted by: PIAC
yes it will be very interesting, once we get metroid/zelda/pso/animal crossing things will probably pick up even more (about florking time). alot of the consoles being sold at the moment with the free game deal could be people who really want zelda/metroid in particular and are getting on board at a good time

hmmm...i don't see GC sales picking up.  if nintendo australia doesn't advertise, the average Joe won't know.  why would the average Joe want to pick a GC with a free game if their perception of nintendo is "kiddy"?  Capcom should have advertised RE (i don't know if they did, i hardly watch network TV) and should do so with the forthcoming RE0.  Nintendo should have done the same with ED (again if they didn't), and should shove Metroid Prime down our throat.

i know i'm bitching, but i don't see sales picking up.  i'll stop now.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2003, 03:25:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin
I was over at Nintendo Australia's site, and their Game Matrix only has two racing games coming this year! They are F-Zero and Lotus Challenge! I would think that they'd at least have Mario Kart on it. But there is one that is missing. And that is Burnout 2. It's not even on the list. Is it even coming to Australia?

Jeez you'ld hope Burnout is coming to Australia, I want it right now godammit. But really I'ld hardly consider nintendo.com.au's games matrix a reliable source of Aussie cube stuff.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2003, 01:42:26 PM »
Ok, I went to EB Bakstown yesterday, and asked them about the Zelda ore-order deal.

It's not happening, as far as they know. I even told them about Mario's story at EB Burwood. And as far as I know, it's not coming to Australia. But then again, it's coming in May, so we might get it yet.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2003, 01:54:07 PM »
Welp, I'm guessing we'll either get it the same way the rest of the PAL gaming world is, ie: it comes as a pack-in when you buy Zelda: WW, and like the gold coloured Zelda: OoT, it'll only last a short time.

And failing that, I guess we just won't get it at all.

Oh yeah, anybody else get the stupid newsletter from Nintendo about the free game deal? Yeah, it's been going on for weeks in EB World, and they only just now send emails to fans telling them of the deal. Here's an idea Nintendo, instead of telling people who already own a GC, ADVERTISE IT ON TV!!!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »
Nintendo have only just started telling people about the free game deal because EB's one was unofficial.

I'll be pretty disappointed if the pre-order deal doesn't come to Australia, but I'm just glad I'm getting Zelda.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2003, 02:44:53 PM »
I just wish Nintendo Australia would stop farting around and either tell us that it's coming, or it's not. This silence is annoying, because if we don't get it, I plan on ordering the game from the UK (I'm that desperate to get the bonus disc)

Oh yeah, I got Bloody Roar: Primal Fury and Lost Kingdoms today, in one pack at K-Mart, $39.95 ^_^
It was $50, which I thought was damn good, but they still have the 20% sale going today, so it ended up at $40. Not too shabby!
Lost Kingdoms is pretty boring/horrible/crap, so I'll most likely trade that at EB World at a later date, but Bloody Roar is great! The anime video clips are uber high quality. Funny how Hudson can produce FMV of this quality, yet a much larger company like EA can't.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2003, 11:45:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I just wish Nintendo Australia would stop farting around and either tell us that it's coming, or it's not. This silence is annoying, because if we don't get it, I plan on ordering the game from the UK (I'm that desperate to get the bonus disc)

same here.  i've never had a N64 (okay,  okay, shoot me.  i was a PC fanboy back then!), therefore never played OoT. and i want the game really bad.  i'll be disappointed if Nintendo Australia decides not to.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2003, 02:07:43 AM »
Before I die from loss of sleep (stayed up all last night watching d/l'ed movies I've never had the time to watch, now it's 12:07 AM, ugh)
I suggest everybody go check out their local Harvey Norman stores. Word on the streets (Well, over at PALGN) is that HN is going to stop stocking GameCube altogether due to sales, and that they're almost giving away what stock they have left.

Some have claimed titles such as ZooCube selling for $14.95.
Looks like I'll need to take an endless walk into Havey Norman, Blacktown. ... Monday, that is. I'm almost asleep as we speak o_O

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2003, 10:02:21 PM »
LOL at Nintendo Australias new poll, which game are you most excited about for gamecube in 2003

Metroid Prime
36%  

Metroid Prime
8%  

Metroid Prime
13%  

...or...Metroid Prime
42%  

Looks like Nint Aus are gonna take Metroid Prime quite seriously

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2003, 01:02:11 AM »
that was a stupid poll.  couldn't they have come up with something better?

like:

Should a riot be allowed at Nintendo Australia if they do not offer the Zelda bonus disc?
Yes? or
No?

and i think i'll go to harvey norman before my 3.30pm university class.  man, isn't university life good or what?

EDIT: typo

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2003, 01:20:58 AM »
LOL

Yes 100%
No 0%

Anyway, on a completely unrelated topic, when does Dark Cloud 2 come out in Australia....... you know, the ps2 game? *ducks*

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2003, 02:29:36 AM »
I start my life at University tomorrow (or today, since it is now twenty past the hour of midnight)! I only go to Uni on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday!
- Monday 3pm-5pm
- Wednesday 8am-9am
-Thursday 10am-4pm

Sux about Thursday, but how cool is Monday and Wednesday! Only a couple of hours at Uni! HA! And I got Tuesday and Friday off! HAHAHA!

I get 20 bucks cash off me mam and pap every week so in 5 weeks, I can get a new game. Plus I'm gonna trade in XG3, and maybe Bond. I might get a job, but that's just not me.

And Zelda? Well, I've already got Ocarina of Time on N64, so I'm not really THAT insistent on getting the pre-order games, but the fact that other PAL regions have it and we probably won't says something about the imcompetance of Nintendo of Australia. But I want it anyway, and Master Quest has been sounding juciy ever since the 64DD.

*Shoots AiAi*

And Dark Cloud 2? For PS2?
*Turns and swings at Mario*

And who else thinks that Rick's editorial was sooooo enlightening?
I think that all these blowouts before E3 makes me all gooey and happy inside. I mean, Metal Gear Solid for our little GC, heaps of 1st party games, MULTIPLE Silicon Knights games, possible online games, and Miyamoto-san's smile at the mention of LAN games only makes this E3 more exciting than any before it.  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2003, 10:57:33 AM »
Mario, Dark Cloud 2 comes out in May. What a surprise, same month as Wind Waker.
*Leans in* I pre-ordered it about a week back.

*Dodges Termin8's flying fist of doom*
Ha, missed me!

*Falls out window*

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2003, 03:52:20 PM »
May, awwww nuts. Thats the only ps2 game ive been interested in and when it comes out ill be too busy playing Metroid and Zelda. Oh well...

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2003, 07:18:12 PM »
No more PS2 for you then!
Hahaha!

Just came back from Uni.
All this introduction to the subject. BORING! Argh.
I think it's gonna be the same with Wednesday and Thursday.
ARGH!
*Punches nearest person*
"Oww!"

Sorry.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2003, 09:23:26 PM »
*Rubs back of head from Termin8's flying fist of doom*
*Looks up at body*

Dammit Termin8, you know how long it takes to put your eyes back in?

Welp, I got type of 'funky' news as you would. It's coming from a close friend, so I'm pretty sure he's not speaking bullshit. Anyway, according to him, EB World in Parramatta are selling the Action Replay for GameCube. $89.95
Why is this funky? The AC includes the Freeloader built in. THAT, my friends, means easy access to the likes of Animal Crossing! lik-sang.com offers AC for around $79.95 AUD, pretty sure that includes postage too. But I'll check up on it later... FRIENDS IS ON!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2003, 10:09:33 PM »
Yo bro, put my eyes back in.
I gotta see the goddamn screen to type this y'know.
and i wanna play some games later.