Poll

Endgame to break $1B Worldwide in it's Opening Weekend? (2 Polls in 1)

Whatever it Takes!! - I'm on that HYPE Train #$1BWW OW
No way, but it might get close (less than $1B but more than IW)
.... (don't pick this option - but DO VOTE in the 2nd Poll too)
(2nd Poll) This will beat Avatar in B.O. Gross
(2nd Poll) Won't beat Avatar, but will beat Titanic
(2nd Poll) Won't have the legs to top Cameron, but sit in a nice 3rd place

Author Topic: Endgame to take ALL the Records (50% not enough) Fastest to $2B WW!!? 11 Days!?  (Read 10881 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I like that little bump for Captain Marvel - I'm guessing some people couldn't get Endgame tickets so they saw that instead. Kind of important too since the post credits of Captain Marvel is extremely relevant to Endgame, and that scene is not in Endgame.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I'm thinking some people double-featured Captain Marvel and Endgame.  I would have. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been covered in any of those charts up there, but Endgame has now surpassed Avatar's total Box Office take in China.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/27/avengers-endgame-avatar-box-office-china

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
2nd Deadline Sunday Morning Update:
https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/
‘Avengers: Endgame’ Rips Up All The Records: $111M+ Saturday; Awesome $358M+ Opening; Overall Weekend Biz At $400M+ – Sunday Update

another article:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/04/28/box-office-avengers-endgame-opens-with-galactus-sized-358-million-weekend/#637aa327a692
Box Office: 'Avengers: Endgame' Nabs Galactus-Sized $358 Million Weekend
Avengers: Endgame shattered the bounds of realistic opening weekend predictions this weekend, with a towering $358 million domestic and around $1.1 billion in its global debut. Domestically, the film earned a 2.28x multiplier (not bad considering the numbers) and snagged the biggest Thursday preview ($60 million), the biggest “pure Friday” ($96.7 million), the biggest single-day gross ($156.7 million on Friday counting the previews), the biggest Saturday ($112 million, down just 29% from Friday) and biggest Sunday grosses ($89 million) even when adjusted for inflation.

edit2: Well I said "GOT DAMN!!!....." O_o

p.s. Official Disney Estimate for Domestic OW is $350M
Disney is known to play it conservative on numbers.
unofficial estimates are at $358M Domestic OW

$1.21B World Wide Opening Weekend is an INSANE number

this has a legit chance at being at $2B Worldwide by end of next weekend, which would also be fastest to $2B as well.
Question remaining.... is does this play on like this into a Week 3 situation?
Will it have enough legs to challenge Avatar for the Throne?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:59:54 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
a more complete list of international BO Gross

and these are the estimates.... Endgame has beaten pretty much all estimates so far, so even the $1.21B might be a little short come Monday morning when the actuals get tallied up.

edit:
it really does feel good to know that you picked the right side of history ;)
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adambvary/avengers-endgame-box-office-records
"Avengers: Endgame" Has Shattered All Box Office Records[size]

What words could possibly describe the estimated $350 million Avengers: Endgame has grossed in its domestic theatrical debut, and the $1.2 billion it has earned worldwide?

Colossal? Gargantuan? Hulkmugous?

As it stands, the 22nd film produced by Marvel Studios has not only shattered practically every single box office record imaginable — the biggest worldwide debut, the biggest domestic debut, the biggest domestic opening day — it has fundamentally altered what Hollywood perceives is even possible for a film’s financial success. It’s as if, after years of trying to land on the moon, humanity suddenly reached Mars.

Consider Endgame’s global box office record. After opening internationally on Wednesday in 21 markets — including China — Endgame earned an estimated $643.7 million worldwide through Friday, including $156.7 million on its first day in the US and Canada. That’s already the best worldwide opening ever, surpassing the $640 million record set last year by Avengers: Infinity War. And now Endgame is projected to make $565.3 million more through Sunday.

Roughly 27% of that titanic (elephantine? Thanostrinomical?) global haul came from China. As is the case in virtually every international market, Endgame broke the all-time box office record in China, earning roughly $217 million in US dollars in its first three days, and an estimated $330.5 million through Sunday.

I don't want to quote the whole article, but yes ALL the records are belong to MCU

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:44:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
"How many records can their records break?!"

"More records."

Reference.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Weekend BO Update
https://twitter.com/ercboxoffice/status/1122884667684687873?s=21

Marvel’s AVENGERS: ENDGAME smashed estimates—$356M domestic, $866M int’l, $1.222B worldwide. That’s just how Marvel rolls.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Weekend Actuals came in.

Friday - 132% of previous record

Saturday - 133% of previous record

Sunday - 130% of the previous record
Avengers 1 when it broke the record: 207 million

Infinity War when it broke the record: 257 Million

Endgame when it broke the record: 357 million
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:17:32 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
China LOVES it some Endgame!!!

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1123606872848605184
https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1123606872848605184/photo/3

4 of the Top 10 Best Single Day Grosses belong to Endgame!!! Wow

The minute Endgame became the Highest Earning Import every, they celebrated by releasing a Stan Lee Tribute Poster

Box Office Monday:

I think domestic, that is the highest grossing "Non-Holiday/Day-off" Monday
i is as of now the 3rd highest behind Black Panther and TFA, which both profited off either a National Holiday or a School Day off on the 1st Monday.

Box Office Tuesday:

edit: and then there is this:
https://www.boxofficepro.com/avengers-endgame-delivers-record-3d-opening/
Avengers: Endgame Delivers the Biggest 3-D Opening Of All Time

And early predictions for Total Gross come this Sunday (as of Tuesday:)
Domestic: $647m
Overseas(minus china) : $995m
China: $605m
Worldwide: $2247m
edit:
(current record for fastest to $2B = Avatar at 47 days. - Endgame on Track for 11 Days to $2B)

I'd expect at least another $250M+ Domestic by end of run
another $200M+ Overseas (minus China)
and another $100M from China, all before the end of the run

that would total us to: right about the same Gross as Avatar.... in the $2.8B range.
Can Endgame meet and/or exceed Avatar world wide?

I also hear it has yet to launch in Russia. not sure what BO Gross from Russia looks like though.

edit:
Wed total for US+China = $100M
China gross for Thursday already predicted at $50M (China may be putting up much more than that predicted extra $100M before end of run. LOL)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 05:16:41 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Regardless, this is a historic Box Office run and should continue to be fun to watch for the next few weeks just to see if it continues to go Higher. Further. Faster. baby. lol

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
James Cameron passes the torch:

As seen on Twitter

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
Well he still has Avatar at number 1.  So he still holds the biggest one.  Let's see if it can do it.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
James Cameron passes the torch:

As seen on Twitter

Interesting given he didn't need to, since Titanic is second to Avatar.

Raises the question if he will do something similar if Avatar is crossed in the worldwide box office. Right now there is a $484 million difference between the two. Assuming it makes the same amount of money in the US through the rest of its run that Infinity War made (unlikely, it will probably make more as it has never dipped below Infinity War in a daily comparison) that would be $200 million alone there. Can the rest of the world give it the $285 it needs to beat it? I'll say yes, although not savvy with movies that have opened as wide as this did and what a normal drop might be (usually releases are more staggered worldwide).
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Considering how long the sequels are taking, a similar card may not be finished until late July.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Just remember that Endgame has only been out for 2 weeks today.
In two weeks time, it could be passing Avatar, and a week or so after that.... possibly even $3B WW O_o

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
That seems... somewhat tasteless.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
That seems... somewhat tasteless.

There is a tradition of making movie posters for this sort of thing.

Also the Titanic sunk in 1912. So 107 years ago. The oldest person living was 9 at the time. So, nobody cares.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:17:26 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
There is a tradition of making movie posters for this sort of thing.

That there is

Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah.

The Titanic one just seems a bit tacky.  But, I guess I'm just being oversensitive. :D

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
He could have just waited until Endgame passes Avatar to do one, unless this was his way of passively stating it would not pass Avatar.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Probably trying to show he has no ill-will towards those who make the movies.

People took his prior statements (which *did* seem like a bunch of crotchety old man sour grapes) and blew them up to make it sound like he hates life and fun.  He probably just wanted to get it established that he has nothing against the cast and crew that worked hard on the movies.