Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 925447 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
We could try to re-implement the karma system but if your karma is below a certain threshold it auto hides your posts.

There's no way that could go wrong.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
The last time that happened it was under, shall we say, "unique" conditions. Now, I'm not suggesting you take matters into your own hands to bring about similar circumstances, I'm just saying that has been effective in the past.

I did that, remember?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I guess I don't remember the details of it as well as I thought. I suppose it was going on a decade ago at this point, though.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
No, I meant I tried the thing that worked before somewhat recently by banning everyone from the forums.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Apparently you didn't do it well enough.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Is this about a certain fan of a scrub Smash Bros character? I forgot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
I just thought of an amazing feature for forums.  A "mute" feature.  You mute the poster, but they don't know they're muted.  On their end, everything looks normal.  To everyone else, no one actually sees anything they post.  If they reply to a post, it doesn't appear bumped.  If they start a thread, no one sees it.

It's like a ban, but none of the drama associated with it.
Made you look ****.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Nintendoworldreport. We know drama. And whining.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
STOP WATCHING DAYS OF OUR F*CKING LIVES SILENCED!
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
What did he do this time?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I see Lucario got grayed out again. I was wondering when that was going to happen considering how frequently he was abusing the caps lock lately.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Aww, I thought it was a funny change of pace. It would have gotten annoying if it kept going past the current mafia game. I'm guessing he role played too far with someone not in the know.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
This looks like a likely candidate:
OH, SO THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW ME.
TELL ME DID YOU BUT MY DLC? IF YOU DIDN'T I'LL BRAIN YOUR F*CKIN FACE!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Lucario's posts on that Wii U thread were pretty much the only good things there the last few days.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
That entire thread basically, the moment I saw it, I knew it would be reduced to Broodwars/Ian Sane's playground.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Spoiled a movie?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I saw the writing on the wall as soon as Luigi Dude made that "NSMBU is better than Mario 64" post. Uncle Bob made a valiant effort to re-rail the thread, but it was too late. Still, it was a nice thread while it lasted.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Ironically, he'll be back in time for Splatoon. Or should I say "unfortunately".
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:28:36 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Pfft, Shaymin, more like Shaym-ful Moderator am I right?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I honestly don't understand why he got banned. If it was for his Borderlands 2 Torgue stuff, he was in character. I knew that, and it didn't bother me.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
I honestly don't understand why he got banned. If it was for his Borderlands 2 Torgue stuff, he was in character. I knew that, and it didn't bother me.

He jumped in the MCU thread and posted spoilers for AOU in bold.

I already heard them before, but none of them were confirmed.
Not sure if that was the only reason, but I'm sure it contributed.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Pfft, Shaymin, more like Shaym-ful Moderator am I right?

True dat.

Why is that people let moderator powers rush to their head when they get them? I would argue that Shaymin should have a hands off policy when it comes to moderating Lucariofan99 as he has expressed from the beginning a dislike towards him and has now acted on that dislike since gaining his moderator powers. Not to mention furthering his own agenda. Making his latest podcast a sticky thread in General Chat? That was never done before. I think what we have here is a case of a Barney Fife trying to patrol Mayberry by being overzealous compared to the wisdom of laidback Andy Taylor aka Insanolord. Instead of learning and following the lead of the chief of police, he's trying to make his mark and stamp on things and it is the wrong call.

I'll throw out a defense of Lucariofan99. (This is why he's my favorite client. He always keeps me employed as a forum lawyer.) First off, what was the post that got my client banned? I see nothing that has been edited so unless it was deleted, I will have to work on the basis there was nothing specific. On the basis of nothing specific, that means he was banned for posting his all cap posts of his Borderlands roleplaying which he has been doing for a week. In which case, I will state again, he's been doing it for a week. In that week, there has been no notification for him to cease and desist nor has there been any warning sent to him. (I know since I can see the moderation center.) Thus, my client would have the assumption that there was no problem with him posting as he has been due to the fact that no moderator has stated it was causing a problem. Nor was there any issues from other posters on these forums regarding his posts. Rather, it has been the opposite with a few posters saying that this has been their favorite lunacy from Lucariofan99 so far. Thus, encouragement has only been given him so far in his current posting endeavor.

While one could argue that it is disruptive, I can point to plenty of threads to show how his posting has not disrupted the flow of conversation nor seem to have been taken as an attempt at trolling. I compare this to some of Ian Sane's posts the past week and I can show more disruption from when he posts something compared to Lucariofan99. To Lucariofan99's credit, he's never made a suggestion so asinine so as to suggest that Nintendo would cancel Xenoblade Chronicles X because it might be delayed a few months and then there will be a new console so they'll forgo the idea because it happened with Mother. That didn't rile other forum members.

And a 30 day ban? Again, my client had no warning for any disruptive behavior and for posting joke-like posts that did nothing to disrupt the threads they were posted in and was met with positivity by other posters seems rather extreme especially considering a case in which there was an active attempt to disrupt the forums under the "Free SUPER Fiasco" trial of 2013 and all convicted members in that case were given a ban limit far under 30 days. Thus, I appeal to the moderating authorities that the ban on Lucariofan99 be lifted due to improper moderation and extreme moderation.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:41:51 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Seriously, Tj Spyke got what... ten days for calling somebody a certain term that won't be repeated and SUPER got either 10 or 13 for f-ing with the rules. WTF did lucariofan do to deserve 30?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
>implying that I'd give a damn about Marvel spoilers
I don't even read the thread, so I haven't seen the post that got him ran this time.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
>implying that I'd give a damn about Marvel spoilers
I don't even read the thread, so I haven't seen the post that got him ran this time.

So, it wasn't you?!

Also, Pokepal's justice thread got locked before I could post this so I guess I'll do it here.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.