Author Topic: Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Rhoq

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:14 PM »
I was at Best Buy earlier this evening and decided to have them price match the 360 bundle that Circuit City has on sale this week (360 Premium, Additional Wireless Controller, Charge & Play Kit and "Gears Of War" for $489.99 - $40 savings). They were sold out of "Gears Of War" so I was told I could choose any other game with the same MSRP ($49.99) and I chose "Saints Row".

Anyways, now that I have an XBox 360 does anyone here know what the trade-in value of an original XBox is currently at GameStop/EB Games?  
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE: Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
Hahahaha. Can't believe you picked Saints Row. You got ripped.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 01:32:27 AM »
You get crappy bundles. Round here a 360 Premium bundle is Project Gotham Racing 3, Perfect Dark Zero and FIFA 2007 for 429€. I think not too long ago there was a 360 Premium, Kameo, PDZ, second controller bundle for 399€.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
RE:Alright - so I'm now a "Wii60" owner...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:46:24 AM »
Great. Now that we have established that I got "ripped off" by choosing Saints Row and that the U.S. gets "crappy" bundles - is there anyone who can answer my question (about trade-in value) without criticizing my purchase decision - or answer and criticize?
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:53:31 AM »
I don't think it was a bad deal, for the record.  You would have gotten the controller and kit anyway, so just think of the game for free.

Not sure why the hate for Saints Row as I've heard mostly good things about it.

Anyway, they don't list the trade-in value of it on Gamestop's website.  Just call them and ask, that's what I always do.  Though, your much much better off just selling it on eBay - you'll get more money and you won't support those sketchballs over at Gamestop.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »

Originally posted by: hudsonhawk
I don't think it was a bad deal, for the record.  You would have gotten the controller and kit anyway, so just think of the game for free.

That's what I figured, since I wanted a 2nd controller anyways.

Not sure why the hate for Saints Row as I've heard mostly good things about it.

Same here, which is why I chose it.

Anyway, they don't list the trade-in value of it on Gamestop's website.  Just call them and ask, that's what I always do.  Though, your much much better off just selling it on eBay - you'll get more money and you won't support those sketchballs over at Gamestop.

Thank you. I'll give them a call. I also posted on Craig's List.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:20:13 AM »
I may eventually do this...in like a year or two.  I just all depends.  Though right now, I am perfectly happy with my Wii and DS combo.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:22:02 AM »
I need an xbox pretty badly let me know if I have anything you wanna trade., Pm for details. ill give mroe than GS or EB will and wont charge fees like Ebay.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
I think the trade in value of a Xbox at Gamestop is like $50

Also I too don't think you got ripped-off by picking Saints Row. I really enjoy the game and have put in quite a few hours into it. Which is funny since I ABSOLUTELY HATE the GTA series. Saints Row just did something right that made me really enjoy it and have a lot of fun playing it. Its kind of like a Boondock Saints game.

Anyway as a fellow Wii60 member, congrats on joining the Legion of Wii60.

Now that your a member please enjoy this nice video I made back during E3 2k6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdAnzsnTy4
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline utarefsoN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 06:47:33 AM »
well at least you didnt get a ps3.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 07:04:28 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
You get crappy bundles. Round here a 360 Premium bundle is Project Gotham Racing 3, Perfect Dark Zero and FIFA 2007 for 429€. I think not too long ago there was a 360 Premium, Kameo, PDZ, second controller bundle for 399€.

Actually At the current exchange rate that makes the bundle $555.72 for the 429 Euro one and if he had chosen Fifa as his free game then using the Amazon prices he could buy the other two games and the bundle would have come to $544.80 and he gets a wireless controller and the charge n play thingy.  On the other one with the exchange rate today it would be $516.84.  Using Amazon prices again he could have straight up bought a 360 Premium system, Wireless Controller, PDZ, and Kameo and came out with spending $492.92.

So Rhoq you got a better deal then Europe and saved $12.80 over buying all that straight from Amazon.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:51 AM »
Yes but here the Xbox 360 itself costs 399€ here. All videogame related stuff gets a 1:1 or worse exchange rate so expecting similar bundles for 399 or 429$ is not unreasonable.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 09:13:16 AM »
You should probably make sure all the Xbox games you have run on the 360.  It has to emulate the games, and only certain ones are compatible.
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »
Does anyone know WHY exactly the 360 handles Xbox games so clumsily?  I was looking forward to pillaging the used games section at Blockbuster for all the great Xbox games I missed last generation, but all the talk of emulation spooked me.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »

Originally posted by: utarefsoN
well at least you didnt get a ps3.

Well, going by the software for both the PlayStation 3 and Wii neither are that great at the moment.

What I have played of MotorStorm on the PS3 is far more entertaining than anything I have played (and seen) on the Wii and I consider myself quite a Nintendo fan too.

Still, the Xbox 360 is a great console with some absolutely fantastic games. The launch line-up was vastly better than both Nintendo's and Sony's efforts with the likes of Amped 3, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3 and Ridge Racer 6.

Since then, Xbox 360 owners have experienced the delights of Fight Night (lovely graphics on HDTV), Ghost Recon, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Rockstar Table Tennis, Dead Rising, Enchanted Arms, LEGO Star Wars II, Test Drive Unlimited, Gears of War, Viva Pinata and so forth.

At the moment, the Xbox 360 is the best system to own.
I Wii!

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 12:29:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Extra Terrestrial

What I have played of MotorStorm on the PS3 is far more entertaining than anything I have played (and seen) on the Wii and I consider myself quite a Nintendo fan too.

Your joking right? MotorStorm on the PS3 sucks! So far their is only one exclusive on the PS3 that isn't a total joke and that's Fall of Man and even that is border line. Infact your the first person I've heard say that they liked MotorStorm  on the PS3... Are you sure your not a Sony fanboy or Sony marketer that is pretending to be a Nintendo fan?

You know scratch that, that, you sound alot more like a Xbox sales rep later on.

You do know that Ridge Racer 6 (RR7 on the PS3), Fight Night, Ghost Recon, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, LEGO Star Wars II and Test Drive Unlimited are all multiconsole right?

And seriously Enchanted Arms, Amped 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, and Viva Pinata all sucked.
Okay maybe not so much Enchanted Arms, but if you own a PS2 there are FAR better RPGs on it, Enchanted Arms is like the first decent RPG to ever hit the Xbox system.

You smell like a marketing doppelgänger, Penny-Arcade warned me about your kind. I'm keeping my eye on you.

Originally posted by: ReverendNoahWhateley

Does anyone know WHY exactly the 360 handles Xbox games so clumsily?
Its because the Xbox360 uses a PowerPC chip in it instead of a Intel Chip. Its like trying to run a program on a Mac that came from a Windows PC.
Microsoft has to re-write the executable for the Xbox games so that it can run on a Xbox360. That is why the HD is required to play Xbox games.

Sony is having similar issues with the PS3, But instead of doing what MS is doing and slowly releasing updates that make more and more Xbox games compatible with the Xbox360, Sony desided to just toss a PS2 Slim inside the PS3. Which was done pretty sloppy, When you play a PSOne or PS2 game on the PS3 they look really sh!tty your pretty much better off keeping a PS2 around.  
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 12:38:17 AM »

Originally posted by: capamerica

Your joking right? MotorStorm on the PS3 sucks! So far their is only one exclusive on the PS3 that isn't a total joke and that's Fall of Man and even that is border line. Infact your the first person I've heard say that they liked MotorStorm  on the PS3... Are you sure your not a Sony fanboy or Sony marketer that is pretending to be a Nintendo fan?

Have you actually played MotorStorm?

I cannot go back to 'Excite' Truck without getting the urge to play MotorStorm instead. If you think I am the first person to say they have enjoyed playing MotorStorm then you clearly haven't been beyond Nintendo-only websites because the likes of Eurogamer, GameSpot, Game-trailers and IGN are really appreciating the experience on offer within the game.

I have been a fan of Nintendo for years but unlike 99% of this forum, I like to enjoy other games on other systems.
I Wii!

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 12:51:34 AM »
So out of curiosity how are you playing MotorStorm? I was under the impression that the UK didn't get PS3s till March.
From what I've read from Japan, where they have the ACTUAL game, they really don't like it, its plays like a direct port of a arcade game, the levels are way to small and there is next to nothing in replay value. Infact in Japan MotorStorm hit the bargain bin within a week after launch.

If you find that MotorStorm  is better then Excite Truck, then there is something seriously wrong with you. Excite Truck is FAR better then most of the racing games out there.

And in case you think that I'm a Nintendo-Only fan, I do own pretty much every system thats been releases with the exception of the PS3 since I see it as a TOTAL waste of money. Infact if you look at a couple posts back I welcomed RHoQ into the Legion of Wii60 owners since I am one of them as well. I picked up my Xbox360 a couple weeks after launch, just in time of DoA4 infact.  
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Ages
You should probably make sure all the Xbox games you have run on the 360.  It has to emulate the games, and only certain ones are compatible.

Only 6 of the 14 XBox games I own are compatible. What pisses me off is that my current favorite (FlatOut 2) is not playable on my 360. Seriously, I could do without the 6 games I can play, but not being able to destroy other people in a FlatOut 2 derby really hurts.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 01:19:31 AM »
ya its annoying that its taking so long to get some games to work on the XBox360, but the way I see it I rather wait a bit then have a sh!tty looking game which is unplayable.
It took them over a year just to get Dead Or Alive Ultimate up and running and I'm still waiting for DoA:XBV, Beyond Good & Evil, Marvel vs Capcom and King of Fighters games
Crow ~ MST3K

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2007, 03:19:59 AM »

Originally posted by: capamericaSo out of curiosity how are you playing MotorStorm? I was under the impression that the UK didn't get PS3s till March.

Have you ever heard of importing?

Originally posted by: capamericaFrom what I've read from Japan, where they have the ACTUAL game, they really don't like it, its plays like a direct port of a arcade game, the levels are way to small and there is next to nothing in replay value. Infact in Japan MotorStorm hit the bargain bin within a week after launch.

So you HAVEN'T played it yourself then?

Originally posted by: capamericaIf you find that MotorStorm  is better then Excite Truck, then there is something seriously wrong with you. Excite Truck is FAR better then most of the racing games out there.

But you haven't played MotorStorm so your opinion is worthless.

Originally posted by: capamericaAnd in case you think that I'm a Nintendo-Only fan, I do own pretty much every system thats been releases with the exception of the PS3 since I see it as a TOTAL waste of money. Infact if you look at a couple posts back I welcomed RHoQ into the Legion of Wii60 owners since I am one of them as well. I picked up my Xbox360 a couple weeks after launch, just in time of DoA4 infact.

If you 'own pretty much every system thats been released' then why do you intend to attack so many highly regarded games on other (non-Nintendo) systems?

Originally posted by: capamericaAnd seriously Enchanted Arms, Amped 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, and Viva Pinata all sucked.

Do you even enjoy games?
I Wii!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2007, 03:30:50 AM »
You smell like a marketing doppelgänger

Doppelgänger means he appears virtually the same as another person, I think you mean plant.

Have you ever heard of importing?

So you were willing to pay a premium over the already steep price of the PS3 to get it early? Doesn't sound like you went at that platform with no bias.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 03:32:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Extra Terrestrial

Originally posted by: capamericaAnd seriously Enchanted Arms, Amped 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, and Viva Pinata all sucked.

Do you even enjoy games?

Outside Oblivion (which is very good, though not for everyone), these other games listed DO suck... =3

(Seriously, games like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo aren't even in the "may not be for such and such" category...They are just incredibly poorly-made...)  

(Edit:  And before I get called on a "HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED IT?" comeback, yes, I unfortunately once owned both of those horrid games...)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 03:58:11 AM »

Doppelgänger means he appears virtually the same as another person, I think you mean plant.

So, I am a 'plant' because somebody who said that MotorStorm is absolutely rubbish without even playing the game? As for the Xbox 360 games, I am merely making comparisons with the launch line-up to what both the PlayStation 3 and Wii offered as well as providing some great games for the thread starter to perhaps check out and buy/play. Is it wrong all of a sudden to recommend games on this forum?

So you were willing to pay a premium over the already steep price of the PS3 to get it early? Doesn't sound like you went at that platform with no bias.

Strictly speaking, my Father went on a business trip to New York and managed to buy a PlayStation 3 over there before Christmas (after launch) for a present for myself so it was unexpected to find that amongst my presents on Christmas day. I wanted the PS3 simply because I am a very appreciative fan of the Ridge Racer series and wanted to play Ridge Racer 7 even though I knew the jump wasn't very large after Ridge Racer 6 on the Xbox 360.

I do apologise for prolonging the argument but I don't expect people to dismiss a game (MotorStorm) when they haven't even played it and bring up negative comments towards the game from other sources. I don't think it has an average ranking of 85% on gameranking for nothing!  
I Wii!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 04:06:13 AM »
So...Wii60 fans, anybody had their 360 break down on them?  Just curious after reading some complaints from other sources in another thread.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 04:19:25 AM »
I will say this.  On this board I think I'm the minority of regulars who doesn't own at least a 360 as well as a Wii.  I like to get my hands on one but I can't sink the money in it in its current hardware state.  There is rumor of a new version of the 360 coming out for the Christmas season this year.  Considering what the price is and my job situation I'll probably take the plunge then, especially if I can get a deal with IPTV.  On the PS3 maybe next year.  I know I will have one in my house if KH3 is on it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:13 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
So...Wii60 fans, anybody had their 360 break down on them?  Just curious after reading some complaints from other sources in another thread.

Well my harddrive died a month or so ago.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 05:47:52 AM »
I have to say, I've played Resistance:FoM and I enjoy it. I am ready to go all night with it just to beat it. I'd have to cause I can't afford a PS3 and I don't see being able to in a long long long time. So at least my cousin has it. I've also played the Motorstorm demo. And Burnout is more fun, for me. It is just a demo though. But if its the same thing just different tracks then I doubt the depth of gameplay is going to be able to support the game.

From another thread, I've played Loco Roco on the psp. It is entertaining, at least for the 10 minutes I played before dying. But I'm glad I didn't pay for it. The concept is cool and I wish I had a demo on something just to go in a mess around every once in a while. It would be sweet on the Wii, being able to control the world with the wii-mote.

As for my 360, it hasn't stopped working and hasn't given any problems. Knock on wood. I just need Chronicles of Riddick to be made backwards compatible.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 08:13:16 AM »

Originally posted by: couchmonkey

I've had mine since Dec 29th 2005 and I haven't had any problems with it at all.
Crow ~ MST3K

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my pokĂ©-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2007, 08:34:55 AM »

Originally posted by: capamerica I've had mine since Dec 29th 2005 and I haven't had any problems with it at all.

I'd call "Oblivion" a problem in itself, and I don't just mean because it paused to load every 10 seconds...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
"And seriously Enchanted Arms, Amped 3, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Test Drive Unlimited, and Viva Pinata all sucked."

Ouch cap, Viva Pinata was pretty damn cool I thought. I seriously think that is my first must have 360 game. Perfect Dark and Kameo weren't terrible, they were just mediocre and ultimately forgetable.

"If you find that MotorStorm is better then Excite Truck, then there is something seriously wrong with you. Excite Truck is FAR better then most of the racing games out there."

So damn true. Excite Truck is awesome. I can't wait for a sequel. I haven't played the full version of Motorstorm, but the demo blows. I doubt the full game will be much better (though Saints Row sucked as a demo and is awesome as a full game). Seriously though, the only reason you would dislike Excite Truck, and like Motorstorm more is if you totally suck at ET.  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007, 10:27:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

I will say this.  On this board I think I'm the minority of regulars who doesn't own at least a 360 as well as a Wii.  I like to get my hands on one but I can't sink the money in it in its current hardware state.

I also do not have an Xbox 360. Once I get a job, probably this Summer, I might eventually buy one, but for now I can't justify the purchase. Even if I had the money, I haven't found enough games that really excite me. Maybe I have just been sheltered by Nintendo this whole time, but I just don't get worked up about games on other systems. Some of that is probably due to the fact that I follow Nintendo news far more than I follow Microsoft/Sony news. Plus whenever I visit the PS3/360 sections of sites like IGN, the games seem predominantly sports and FPS, which don't interest me a bit.
Thanks for listening.