Author Topic: 2001 Third Party Games  (Read 5903 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
2001 Third Party Games
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:51:05 AM »

You got your X-Wing trapped in my Monkey Ball!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/cubefight/43153/2001-third-party-games

After a short delay, we're back with another episode of Cube Fight, the podcast where Neal and Andy make GameCube games fight each other for our amusement.  Rather than a head-to-head match-up, this episode deals with all of the 2001 third party games that wouldn't otherwise be eligible for discussion on Cube Fight.

Next time, we'll be comparing Eternal Darkness to NBA Courtside 2002 inside of a steel cage* as we continue down the path to determine the best Nintendo-published GameCube game ever made.

*steel cage optional

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 Third Party Games
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »
Speaking of Super Monkey Ball and mobile, I have the N-Gage version, its pretty good.
I will add the Gamecube version to my list of games to get

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »
Honestly I played XG3 more than Weegee's Mansion, Pikmin or Rogue Leader at launch.  It was my favorite early cube game other than Smash.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 07:14:07 AM »
The music for Rogue Leader is still MIDI. It's right at the end at 8:47.

I remember the first time I watched this making of video and feeling entranced by the technological magic that had to happen for this game to come into being. It still looks good even now running on Dolphin at 1080p/60. It has enhanced textures loaded.

It does Star Wars whossshh pewpew very well.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »
Thanks for the episode! I really enjoyed it.

My wife and I bought a used GameCube shortly after the Wii release because people were basically giving them away (we were poor college students at the time so that's all we could afford) and we played TONS of Monkey Ball mostly Monkey Target. Tons of fun. Monkeyball was our second most played game behind NBA Street V3

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
My wife and I bought a used GameCube shortly after the Wii release because people were basically giving them away (we were poor college students at the time so that's all we could afford) and we played TONS of Monkey Ball mostly Monkey Target. Tons of fun. Monkeyball was our second most played game behind NBA Street V3

Monkey target!!!! We had some fun with the racing too, as well as the Crash Bash-esque one where you tried to push people off. But yeah, Monkey target all the way.