Author Topic: Revolution "Easy to Port" to, Claims Nintendo  (Read 20819 times)

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Revolution
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2005, 09:56:17 AM »
The scariest part is - what if the shell turns out to be vaporware, like the SD adapter, the 64DD, the component video cables (only available from Nintendo's site), and onlie support among many other things promised but? Has anyone told us the shell exists outside of Jim Merrick? Maybe Reggie said it in the interview and I missed it; I sure hope so.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE:Revolution
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2005, 10:02:02 AM »

Originally posted by: BiLdItUp1
the component video cables (only available from Nintendo's site)

LOL you mean only available from HONG KONG IMPORTERS.  Lik-sang/Play-asia and ebay sellers are making a pretty penny off desperate component cable customers.

Nintendo FAILS at OVERSEAS SHIPPING.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2005, 11:54:22 AM »

The scariest part is - what if the shell turns out to be vaporware, like the SD adapter, the 64DD, the component video cables (only available from Nintendo's site), and onlie support among many other things promised but? Has anyone told us the shell exists outside of Jim Merrick? Maybe Reggie said it in the interview and I missed it; I sure hope so.

Come on people, Iwata said it himself at TGS...Reggie said it again fairly recently...  
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ssj4_android

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2005, 12:10:54 PM »
It's almost guarenteed that there will be many less third party games available for the Revolution than there were for the Gamecube though.

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2005, 01:15:45 PM »
On the subject of the shell, there was a recent interview with Jeff Kalles (former Associate Producter at NOA), where he matter-o-factly states that there is a shell controller for the Revolution; whether or not it'll be packaged in with the console, he said he wasn't 100% sure.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2005, 01:19:49 PM »
what? why the hell is that "guarenteed"? There are several factors there. The GC has improved third party support a lot compared to the N64, the controller might scare third parties, but absolutely all the developers that have talked about it have shown interest, and, theres always the shell and/or GC controller (why is that people keep and keep forgetting these?). No, Im not saying that a increase in third party support is a sure thing, but also is not a sure thing that it will be less.  
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2005, 01:20:27 PM »
Miyamato has said they are working on the shell as well.

Offline BiLdItUp1

• Brain Parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2005, 01:55:19 PM »
Aight, thanks guys for assuaging my concerns.
All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. (George Orwell, more relevant than ever, in "Politics and the English Language")
Wii Number: 7947 2653 6155 9540

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2005, 02:10:58 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Why can't they just get it so that developers use whatever is appropriate for the situation?  Like I've said before both parts together should be considered the standard.

Ah, so Nintendo basically has to push BOTH the rev controller and the shell. Gotcha.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

Come on people, Iwata said it himself at TGS...Reggie said it again fairly recently...
And how can there not be a shell, what with the downloadable classics? Cube controllers can't play all the N64 games.

Speaking of which, for the shell, I'd like to see a modified Wavebird with a better D-Pad, another analogue stick instead of the C-Stick, and a fixed Z button to make it, um, softer, and more accessible.

Then I'd like a diamond SNES face button layout, BUT on the top right, directly opposite the X botton (SNES) and to the right of the A button, I would like another button. This would work perfectly for all the consoles, since for the N64, there would be three C buttons (left, down and right) and the Z can be used as an up C.

Sorry I can't draw this out well, but it would be great for the shell.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2005, 06:42:10 PM »
I imagine there will be ads that depict people playing with the Revmote (probably the majority of ads), and a few with the shell.  Some of them might feature the download system, where you can use the shell or the sideways remote, and advertise the shell concept along with it.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:08 PM »
I think that Nintendo should have all the commercials end off with something that shows the remote, numchck and shell. Just have the remote fly on the screen, then show it attatched with the numchuck and then have it fall in to the shell and close off with the logo.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2005, 09:12:02 AM »
I do think it will make a difference if this "shell" comes with the system and all seperate controllers.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »
I don't think there's any need to promote the shell, TVman. That's the kind of thing that will spread through word of mouth. Nintendo needs to expend all their effort on explaining the revmote to people.

Originally posted by: IanSane
Why can't they just get it so that developers use whatever is appropriate for the situation? Like I've said before both parts together should be considered the standard.

I agree that the shell should be included with every console, if not every controller. I also agree that if, say, ubisoft wants Splinter Cell to use the shell, they should be able to do that with no problems and no lost sales.

But, the shell just shouldn't be 'pushed' as an equal to the revmote, imho. It's not equal - it won't be used as much as the revmote (just by nature of the fact that most devs won't need the measly 2 extra buttons and relocated d-pad the shell will provide) and it's more self-explanatory than the remote. Besides, you start pushing 2 'standards' and you get an n-gage or psp. ('It plays movies! It's a cell phone! It plays games! It plays music! It slices! It dices!'). Splitting focus like that is confusing and off-putting for the consumer, imo.

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2005, 07:04:00 AM »
"It's not equal - it won't be used as much as the revmote (just by nature of the fact that most devs won't need the measly 2 extra buttons and relocated d-pad the shell will provide)"

What are you talking about?  The shell is supposed to provide something comparable to the Cube controller.  Are you thinking of the nunchuk?  We haven't officially been told what's on the shell yet but I'm pretty sure it's not just two extra buttons.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2005, 11:00:05 AM »
We don't know that the shell will provide something comparable to the Cube controller. Nintendo hasn't used that term, only "traditional" or "retro."

And since we're looking at the GC controllers being perfectly capable of being plugged in, perhaps the shell will resemble the N64 controller as much as it does the Cube controller.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2005, 07:33:30 AM »

What are you talking about? The shell is supposed to provide something comparable to the Cube controller. Are you thinking of the nunchuk? We haven't officially been told what's on the shell yet but I'm pretty sure it's not just two extra buttons.

I was thinking shell vs. revmote + nunchaku.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »
shevmotechuka!

I wouldn't be suprised if nintendo re-released classic SNES and N64 controllers to go with the download service.