Author Topic: Nintendogs GameStop Giveaway This Weekend  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendogs GameStop Giveaway This Weekend
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:30:23 AM »
Make your dog a star with this promotion running at GameStop.

Nintendo and GameStop Give Nintendogs Fans Something to Howl About for Halloween    

Free Virtual Gift and Message From Haylie Duff Mark Donation to ASPCA    

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- As if Halloween weekend didn't offer enough things to scream about, Nintendo and GameStop will offer owners of the wildly popular Nintendogs(TM) puppy communication program a free virtual gift.  More than 3,600 GameStops across the country will play host to the Nintendogs Tricks and Treats Weekend event, which runs Oct. 28 through Oct. 30.    

People who bring a Nintendo DS(TM) and a copy of Nintendogs to a GameStop location during the weekend can receive a virtual pair of star-shaped sunglasses for their puppies to wear in the game, along with a voice greeting   from Napoleon Dynamite star Haylie Duff.  The exclusive sunglasses will be delivered using Nintendogs' Bark Mode, and cannot be accessed in the game any other way.    

And to demonstrate that virtual dogs can help out real-life ones, Nintendo and GameStop will donate $50,000 to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.    

"Nintendogs represents just one of the many ways that we're building communities and bringing people together through video games," said George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "Through our partnership with GameStop, we can reward our countless fans for their loyalty and enthusiasm, which have made Nintendogs such a phenomenon."    

"We are very excited about the promotion with Nintendogs, the ASPCA and GameStop," says Jack Beuttell, GameStop's senior vice president of marketing.   "When Nintendo launched Nintendogs, the product was an immediate hit, as it appealed to a broad audience. Now we have an opportunity to give back to our animal friends to help make sure they are well cared for. We are delighted we can give something extra to our consumers in our stores."    

"Animal shelters around the country are full of dogs of all shapes and sizes, and the process of adopting a dog is a tremendous decision that should not be taken lightly," said Matthew Bershadker, vice president of development for the ASPCA. "Nintendogs is a great way for people to test whether they are   ready to handle the real thing.  The ASPCA is grateful for the generous donation by Nintendo and GameStop."    

The Nintendogs events takes place just after the Oct. 24 launch of the "Best Friends" Nintendogs bundle, which sells at an MSRP of $149.99.  The special bundle comes with a new Teal or Pearl Pink DS and lets owners start   with the six most popular breeds chosen from the three Nintendogs editions: Labrador retriever, golden retriever, German shepherd, beagle, Yorkshire terrier and miniature dachshund.  As with the other editions, all 18 breeds are unlockable as owners progress.  The bundle also includes a Nintendogs-branded Nintendo DS skin and a bone-shaped screen cleaner.    

Nintendogs, Rated E for Everyone, launched in the United States on Aug. 22 and has sold more than 1.5 million units worldwide.  Made exclusively for Nintendo DS, it lets owners train, care for and play with lifelike puppies.  For downloads, images, video diaries and more information about Nintendogs, please visit www.nintendogs.com.

It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendogs GameStop Giveaway This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:55:57 AM »
I received an e-mail from Nintendo about this.  I have no idea who Daylie Duff is.  Judging by the name, I'd guess that younger sister of Hillary Duff.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 09:36:25 AM »
I think shes the head of the APSCA or something.

The nearest Gamestop is 70 miles away, but I think I might hitch a ride with some friends who are going up there this weekend.

Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 09:39:58 AM »

People who bring a Nintendo DS(TM) and a copy of Nintendogs to a GameStop location during the weekend can receive a virtual pair of star-shaped sunglasses for their puppies to wear in the game, along with a voice greeting from Napoleon Dynamite star Haylie Duff.

Edit: ALSO, apparently she IS related to Hillary Duff.  This is exciting news!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
RE:Nintendogs GameStop Giveaway This Weekend
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:41:14 AM »
 "think shes the head of the APSCA or something."
Ha!  She's Hillary Duff's older, less-attractive/talented sister.  She's in Napoleon Dynamite.  She's already a has-been.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 09:45:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Tanookisuit
Ha!  She's Hillary Duff's older, less-attractive/talented sister.  She's in Napoleon Dynamite.  She's already a has-been.

I still think she classifies as a "never was"

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:39:37 AM »
I just looked her up on imdb.com.  I remember her from Addams Family Reunion.  How sad is that?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45:57 AM »
The coolest thing about this is that you shouldn't even have to enter the crummy store!

Just head to the mall, put the DS on bark mode in your pocket, and walk by.

After you are a safe distance away, take a seat, flip open your DS, and grab your glasses!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 12:42:03 PM »
Glasses?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 12:44:46 PM »

People who bring a Nintendo DS(TM) and a copy of Nintendogs to a GameStop location during the weekend can receive a virtual pair of star-shaped sunglasses for their puppies to wear in the game, along with a voice greeting from Napoleon Dynamite star Haylie Duff.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 12:58:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Tanookisuit

That makes it sound like you are saying Hilary Duff has talent, which she absolutely does NOT...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 01:28:23 PM »
Oh. Hahahaha.  I thought she was someone important or noteworthy.

I wonder what the gift is.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 01:38:29 PM »

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 02:54:35 PM »
Anyone have any idea what happens when you bring your DS in Bark Mode to a GameStop this weekend?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 03:22:56 PM »
I think you get a free car.

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 03:31:27 PM »
Does this apply to all gamestop stores? Like, the software etc. by me?

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 06:22:44 PM »
I received an automated phone call from GameStop to notify me of this promotion. I guess it's because I had pre-ordered Nintendogs over the Summer.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 05:07:03 AM »

I just wanted to fit in
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 07:11:20 AM »
I take it this doesn't work for EB...

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 07:20:30 AM »
Shouldn't EB be GameStop by now, anyway?
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 08:42:42 AM »
we went there...we got a bone...no sunglasses..and a message that says "a winner is you".....bad engrish and my dog got boned
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post