Author Topic: Should Greg hide?  (Read 5433 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Should Greg hide?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
I understand when people don't like listening to a roundtable of people talking... but then you say you like NPR!  Our podcast is similar to many shows on NPR, except we're far less uptight and talk about games instead of those other topics.  I hope you'll try listening at least once... you might just like it.

NPR has a gaming podcast, too.  Or at least it did.  I can't seem to find it, but a friend of mine sent me a link to it once or twice.  It's called Press Start.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Should Greg hide?
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »
NPR's gaming podcast was canceled, unfortunately.  It was a decent little show, but seemed to be focused both on the hardcore gamer who follows the industry regularly, and simultaneously on the casual gamer who buys 1-2 games a year.  Not sure it ever really did either particularly great.  But I really liked the people on there.  It was Kyle Orland (formerly of Joystiq.com, now a paid staff member at Crispy Gamer - check out his awesome Games for Lunch column) and Ralph Cooper, who according to Kyle doesn't do any games journalism at all anymore.

But it was canceled, along with all of the other alt.NPR podcasts.  Sad.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.