Author Topic: Splatoon Hacker Has Ability To Force Deletion Of Save Files  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Splatoon Hacker Has Ability To Force Deletion Of Save Files
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:52:00 AM »

A public service announcement: Be very careful when playing Splatoon online.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41240/splatoon-hacker-has-ability-to-force-deletion-of-save-files

A hacker has managed to work their way into Splatoon and their presence may result in a permanent loss of your character.

The signs of the hacker is a player name beginning with K and containing several numbers, who is playing as an Octoling with the unreleased Hydra Splatling weapon. If you leave the room before they do, it will corrupt the plaza by preventing your character from loading, necessitating the deletion of the save file. If the character is spotted you have to keep playing until one match after they leave your lobby.

Anyone who has additional details on the hacker is encouraged to contact gotnews at nintendoworldreport dot com and also forward the information to Nintendo. Participation in a Splatfest may allow for the corruption to be fixed but this is not confirmed.

UPDATE October 1: The player name to watch for is "K9516B". (Thanks to MetalSmasher86 in Talkback for finding this.)

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Splatoon Hacker Has Ability To Force Deletion Of Save Files
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
Haven't been able to play for a few weeks, mostly due to Super Mario Maker. I guess I won't play again until this is resolved.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »
Not cool man, keep your hacks for offline and post it to YouTube if you want attention.

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »
Asshole hackers. I hope they all die slowly and painfully. Worthless pieces of human ****.

Offline Tonx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »
When you leave a room and head to the plaza, the players you were most recently playing with appear just outside the lobby doors so you can view their clothes / weapons / etc. If those players have unreleased clothes / weapons, I'm guessing the game glitches out on how to handle that conflicting data.

Until this is resolved, probably safest to avoid the plaza except on first bootup. I'm not sure if those players re-appear when the software is restarted.

Offline MetalSmasher86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:35 AM »
According to several Miiverse posts I've seen, the hacker's name is K9516B.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »
I'd recommend having a save backup ready that you can load off the system memory if needed. if you have an external hard drive just go into the system settings and ensure you have save data for splatoon on both the system itself and your external drive. The game will only load the data from your external drive if that data is available so your backup on the main system should escape the doomsday scenario unharmed.

Although it's worth noting that if you got the digital version of the game you have to copy the entire game on to both drives.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 11:30:00 PM »
Yeah, save management on Wii U is a joke.

Freaking Wii had better save management.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »
Even I don't use hacks online jeez... that's the lowest of the low saying you have no skill with the game.
Keep hacks for offline where you can mess around as much as you want.
Made you look ****.