Author Topic: Madden Skipping Wii U in 2013  (Read 19692 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Madden Skipping Wii U in 2013
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
No Tebow, no sale. Now THAT is a travesty...

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2013, 05:51:03 PM »
Those that are just thinking "well I don't care about Madden" are like those that said "well I don't care about RPGs" when the N64 lost Final Fantasy.  Those people were fools because they also lost almost every non-Nintendo franchise that they played on the NES and SNES.  It wasn't just losing Final Fantasy.  This is not just the Wii U losing Madden.  EA puts Madden on everything.  Even if EA's reasoning is flawed, the perception of the Wii U not being "worthy" of Madden is arguably more damaging than any other third party game.
it's pretty obvious that EA is still mad about the failed Origin deal that is honestly, all but confirmed to have happened...

but regardless what is Nintendo supposed to do? I really don't think Nintendo should bend over just because EA wants them to. It comes down to the basic logic of if you spend your whole time bending over for people you're gonna get @#$%!& in the ***.(something EA is notorious for being involved with)

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
I don't think Nintendo can do anything now and they couldn't cave on the Origin deal but this isn't good nonetheless.  Realistically if the Wii U was selling better EA would be less likely to let a personal hissy fit get in the way of good business.  I'm pretty sure they had to explain to the NFL why they were dropping a console they were originally supporting and if they didn't have poor hardware sales to point to, they couldn't have done it.  The NFL would never let EA skip a successful console because they're butthurt over something that has nothing to do with the NFL.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
The only thing the NFL could do is whine about it, they couldn't force EA to do it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »
The only thing the NFL could do is whine about it, they couldn't force EA to do it.

Um, Citation Needed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:02 AM »
The GamePad features of Madden and FIFA last year were brilliant. I owned the games for both Wii U and 360. I ended up selling the 360 versions, but still play the Wii U games to this day (I just played FIFA 13 on Wii U for 5 hours today). The GamePad is amazing for sports games, which can really use a secondary screen with extra functionality, but EA has abandoned the system that could do that.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
Nintendo should find out what Tecmo's got going on these days...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
The GamePad features of Madden and FIFA last year were brilliant. I owned the games for both Wii U and 360. I ended up selling the 360 versions, but still play the Wii U games to this day (I just played FIFA 13 on Wii U for 5 hours today). The GamePad is amazing for sports games, which can really use a secondary screen with extra functionality, but EA has abandoned the system that could do that.

Unless you count the one with the iPad app.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
Yeah TJ Spyke I have to go with UncleBob on this one.  I would need a Citation.  Everything I've read about the NFL and how they do business as an organization they are very Iron Fisted and Controlling.  I would not be surprised if the NFL has to give a final approval to this day on the content of the final version of Madden.  Even if its just a formality now. 

I've just fully read through this thread.  Neal and JP I expect more from you.  You know this community.  We're not perfect but we tend to be civil and open minded.  I know its hard to be a sport fan on a Nintendo System.

Losing Madden, Its a shame because of the Precedent it sets.  Though not surprising.  EA looks to be cutting Madden to just the PS3 and 360 also read as the Highest RoI versions.  By now I can't believe Development costs are really that high on those systems compared to any new concept.

That being said...  It be nice if the NFL would allow for other studios to develop a game for platforms EA opts out of.  EA really does need some competition.  Sports is an area where it can get pretty static anyway due to making a Game based off of a Game.  This Monopoly EA has is just making it worse.

As for Madden itself.  I make it a point pick up a cheap used copy of the previous year just to see what happened about once a decade.  I have to say jumping in...  Well I've played some Flight Simulators that were less complicated getting started.  The series could use a shake up.  Go back to its roots a little more.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »
As for Madden itself.  I make it a point pick up a cheap used copy of the previous year just to see what happened about once a decade.  I have to say jumping in...  Well I've played some Flight Simulators that were less complicated getting started.  The series could use a shake up.  Go back to its roots a little more.

This is the stance I've taken on the franchse.  I bought Madden 2005 for the original Xbox last generation used for $5, and then bought Madden 2012 for about $15.  Now, i'll add a caveat that I'm a casual football watcher, and not hardcore into sports sims games, but other than much better graphics and a few additional play modes, the game at its core was very similar between the two.  I always assumed people who we're into buying every edition of this series are doing so because of updated rosters and keeping up with the online functionality.

Someone needs to resurrect Mutant League Football, but unfortunately, I think EA owns the rights to that franchise, too...