Author Topic: Majesco To Publish Ghostwire  (Read 1450 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Majesco To Publish Ghostwire
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »
A Different Game's innovative DSi-exclusive title is set to come out in late 2010.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20204

Majesco announced that they will be publishing Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal for DSi in late 2010.    

Developed by A Different Game, Ghostwire uses the DSi Camera to find and capture apparitions that are "beyond the standard Wi-Fi range."    

"We are thrilled to have such an innovative product in our line-up and look forward to revealing details about the experience as we approach next yearÂ’s launch," said Gui Karyo, executive vice president of operations at Majesco.    

For more information on Ghostwire, check out our recent interview with the game's producer Anders Bergman.    

MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES 'GHOSTWIRE: LINK TO THE PARANORMAL' FOR NINTENDO Dsi™    

Augmented Reality Software Lets Players Discover Ghosts Lurking Amongst Us    

BRISTOL, UK – Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, is bridging the gap between the real world and the spirit world with the announcement of Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal for Nintendo DSi™. Developed by A Different Game, Ghostwire is a powerful piece of software that turns the Nintendo DSi™ into a portal to the paranormal. The title is expected to launch in late 2010.    

"Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal integrates cutting-edge technology with a unique augmented reality aesthetic to create a truly exciting piece of software specifically designed for Nintendo DSi™," said Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President of Operations, Majesco Entertainment. "We are thrilled to have such an innovative product in our line-up and look forward to revealing details about the experience as we approach next yearÂ’s launch."    

In Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal, players are challenged to find and capture apparitions trapped within their own environment by using the Nintendo DSi™ Camera and ghost tuner to access alternative frequencies beyond the standard Wi-Fi range. Spirits, shadows and demons all have their own personalities, so finding and "solving" them is anything but easy. Some are shy. Some are evil. And some will only interact with you if you bring them something they want. WhatÂ’s more, factors like time of day and light levels will further challenge your ghost hunting abilities, but a wide range of upgradeable equipment is available to help you communicate with the other side.    

Keep your mind open and ghost tuners on www.ghostwiregame.com so you donÂ’t miss additional communications about Ghostwire: Link to the Paranormal. Follow the game on Twitter @ghostwiregame.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Majesco To Publish Ghostwire
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »
Story is cool because DSi exclusive games are awesome to have.

But I am more interested in knowing that your back at NWR?
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »
Nice that the game has a publisher. This is the one game that will get me to buy a DSi if it turns out well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
I sent them a Twitter message to clarify the "Late 2010" statement.

I assume that to mean "Late in the evening on Jan 1st, 2010.".  Because I don't want to wait much longer. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
Yeah, that surprised me too.  That's a long ways off for a game that they've been working on for a while (and are actually porting from another platform, technically).
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog