Author Topic: Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) Review Mini  (Read 1652 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) Review Mini
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »

Find out where that blue cat suit came from

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/reviewmini/39875/metroid-zero-mission-wii-u-review-mini

Despite a lack of new Metroid games on any Nintendo system as of late, it is great to have yet another great game from the series’ past on the Wii U. For the uninitiated, this is a reimagining of the classic, and in this reviewers opinion , now painfully unplayable, NES original.

Now brought up to look more like the sublime Super Metroid, this GBA game used more modern game design to help bring the antiquated 8-bit story into a much more playable form. The result is a lightning fast, pick-up-and-play 2D adventure that will satisfy veterans and newcomers alike. The objectives system from the Prime series is present to always keep you pointing in the right direction. This dispenses with the feeling of not knowing where to go next, which may have put people off the older games in the series, yet it doesn’t go overboard with the help like it did in the earlier Metroid Fusion. Rooms with secrets yet to be discovered are also highlighted to help you towards a 100% run. The upgrade path is quick, and you’ll soon get all the equipment you need to enjoy exploring the world, including the satisfying ledge-grabbing and morph ball jumping techniques.

The final Zero Suit level, which starts after the original NES version would have ended, adds a new twist to the story. These stealth aspects are not entirely successful, but it is still fun controlling an underpowered Samus in a way that hasn’t been attempted before in the series. The music is a great mix of SNES-inspired remixes of classic music and eerie, atmospheric sounds that Metroid fans will love.

Overall, if you haven’t tried a Metroid game, this is a great one to try first. Also, be sure to immediately download Super Metroid after you complete it too, as  they both make a great double-bill. The only downside is that it is all over too quickly.

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid: Zero Mission (Wii U) Review Mini
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »
NOA hates me.

Offline peacefulwar

• Localization isn't censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »
@TrueNerd NOA hates all US Metroid fans. 

Fixed.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »
My guess. it will be out before summer.

We talked about this on the upcoming Famicast 53 by the way. Please to enjoy!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.