The latest Famitsu ran a two page article on the Nintendo Square deal. PGC brings you the highlights.
On March 9, Square officially announced that they will be developing for Nintendo’s console again after 6 years of standoff. Square will form another company, which is temporarily called Game Designers Studio, to develop games for the GBA and GC. Highlights from the articles are summarized below:
- Kawazu-san, a board member and game developer of Square, owns 51% of Game Designers Studio while Square owns 49%
- Kawaza-san, who has been involved in Final Fantasy I and II, Romancing Saga, and Saga Frontier, will head Game Designers Studio.
- Game Designers Studio is the first company to use funds from Fund Q.
- A new Final Fantasy that supports the GC/GBA link is scheduled to be released this Christmas
- Square plans to release 3 or 4 GBA games within 2002
- One of these GBA titles is Final Fantasy Tactics
- Final Fantasy XI and XII is still planned to be released for PS2