Gaming Forums > Nintendo Console Discussion

E3 2012 Predictions

(1/84) > >>

Kytim89:
We only have about six months until E3 of this year starts, so I thought we would discuss our predictions here on this thread. Here are some of mine:

Wii:

Last Story and Pandora's Tower will be made available for North America the same way as Xenoblade.

Reggie will state some life time sales of the Wii and then abandon the Wii entirely during the presenation. 

3DS:

New Super Mario Brothers 3D will be announced with a holiday 2012 release.

A new 2D Metroid game is revealed and it will be developed by Wayforward.

Miyamoto's new game will be revealed, or talked about with more information throughout the year.

No 3DS revision will be mentioned.

Wii U:

GTA 5 will be announced for the Wii U. In fact, a member of Rockstar will walk out onto the stage with Reggie and Iwatat, roll up his sleeve and have the GTA and Nintendo logo next to each other.

Capcom announces Resident Evil 6 is for the Wii U and reveals a Monster Hunter game via video trailer.

All of the third party games released during 2012, but before the Wii U launch, will be available as launch titles for the Wii U.

Steam is announced for the Wii U and make available all of the third party games released since 2006 on their service for the Wii U. EA will also announce the Origin will on the Wii U too.

Gamecube will makes its debut on the Virtual Console and SEGA will announce the Dreamcast for the VC as well.

Wii U first party launch titles:

Mario Paint (bundled with console)
Star Fox (Retro Studios)
F-Zero (Monster Games)
Wii U Sports (Next Level Games)
Pikmin 3

Nintendo will announce further partnership will second level and independant developers throughout the fututre of the Wii U's lifespan.

Lastly, the Wii U will be changed to "Super Wii."

TJ Spyke:
Not a chance that Nintendo will have that many launch games. No Nintendo console other than the NES has had more than 2 first party launch games (in fact, they have always had 2 first party games).

The latest RFN talked about why you should not expect every Steam game to be available even if it's on the Wii U. Every single game on Steam would need to be re-programmed to work on Wii U.

And I think it's a long shot that the name will change. I personally like the name Wii U, but I also see no reason to change it. "Super Wii" sounds like just an expansion for the Wii, and I can't see any other name that would be better and keep the Wii branding.

Kytim89:

--- Quote from: TJ Spyke on January 19, 2012, 09:38:20 PM ---Not a chance that Nintendo will have that many launch games. No Nintendo console other than the NES has had more than 2 first party launch games (in fact, they have always had 2 first party games).

The latest RFN talked about why you should not expect every Steam game to be available even if it's on the Wii U. Every single game on Steam would need to be re-programmed to work on Wii U.

And I think it's a long shot that the name will change. I personally like the name Wii U, but I also see no reason to change it. "Super Wii" sounds like just an expansion for the Wii, and I can't see any other name that would be better and keep the Wii branding.

--- End quote ---

I remember Jonny Metts saying something like if the Wii U is as close to a PC as we think it is then they might be able to port over a lot of games without a whole lot of issues.

TJ Spyke:
Even if that assumption is correct (which no one knows), each game would still require some adjustment.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see as many games available as possible on Wii U. I just think it's not so simple.

I don't like making predictions, although I think it's safe to assume we could find out the release date for Wii U (not 100% sure).

Kytim89:

--- Quote from: TJ Spyke on January 19, 2012, 09:44:41 PM ---Even if that assumption is correct (which no one knows), each game would still require some adjustment.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see as many games available as possible on Wii U. I just think it's not so simple.

I don't like making predictions, although I think it's safe to assume we could find out the release date for Wii U (not 100% sure).

--- End quote ---

The reason I would want that to happen is so that I can avoid buying another console an djust focus on the Wii U and get every game that I missed by not owning a PS3 or 360.

Pikmin 3 and Mario Paint could be Wii U launch titles with F-Zero and Star Fox revealed via trailers and announced for 2013.

Edit:

About every game being on Steam, I meant the really good top tier titles released in the last five years. The shovelware can stay where it is at for all I care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version