Author Topic: Mass Effect 3: Space Chat! (SPOILERS)  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Mass Effect 3: Space Chat! (SPOILERS)
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Thankfully, Amazon customers can get a refund.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
Your killing me TrueNerd lol, I've been searching the internet in hopes of finding out the relation to the choices in the Mass Effect 2 and the optional 3rd ending in Mass Effect 3.  I've had no luck.  Please fill me in on these details you have lol. 

Yeah, I dunno how it happened either. I haven't heard of anyone else reaching this same scenario. I genocided every race I had the opportunity to genocide, so maybe that was it? All I know is that I only had two options.

And that guy bitching to the FTC is ridiculous. I never want to hear another "video games are art" argument from gamers because clearly they have no fucking clue what art is.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
I actually don't like the combat that much, but i love running around and having conversations and playing diplomat around the citadel. I have the game on the "narrative" difficulty since the actual combat is just a chore to me to get through before i can get to the good stuff.

I would actually like if you knew or had some kind of tell over what the renegade and paragon actions did, this one time i clicked the renegade action on a reporter, i thought i would have told her where to stick it instead of trying to punch her out so now i just never click them when they pop up.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
I read the other day that bioware is going to be releasing some dlc to provide further closure for those who have been complaining about the endings.  I how they don't butcher anything in the process. 

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 12:28:54 PM »
finally got to kill the **** out of that dirtbag Udina it was so satisfying. God i love the plot to the game a lot more to the last two games, too bad about that ending (which i haven't got to yet but im managing expectations going in)

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »
double posting since no one has posted since I last did

After getting near the end of the game i was perplexed at how my galactic readiness rating wasn't going up even after doing all of the side quests, then google told me that it will only ever raise if i play the mediocre multiplayer mode -_-

Seriously wtf Bioware. However since i know the ending is really shitty and how everything you do doesn't matter (i dont know what happens exactly, but that seems to be the consensus) does upping your readyness rating actually do anything in the game?

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
double posting since no one has posted since I last did

After getting near the end of the game i was perplexed at how my galactic readiness rating wasn't going up even after doing all of the side quests, then google told me that it will only ever raise if i play the mediocre multiplayer mode -_-

Seriously wtf Bioware. However since i know the ending is really shitty and how everything you do doesn't matter (i dont know what happens exactly, but that seems to be the consensus) does upping your readyness rating actually do anything in the game?

Gets you an achievement but other then that I'm not sure. I quite like the multiplayer but what I don't like is how stupidly scaled the difficulty is. Bronze is a breeze, Silver is challenging but Gold is just downright impossible unless you have a solid group who wont do whatever it takes you rip you off of a kill.

I would hardly say the ending is shitty (working on my 3rd playthrough) it is open to interpretation. In the grand scale of things it may seem like your choices mean nothing in the end but the choices you make mean something to you and to the people involved. On my renegade playthrough when I killed Mordin Solus it was really emotional for me, the only choice I made in the game that really made me stop and say "wow, what just happened". Mordin survived the suicide run, him and I were friends and had a past together.

Each time I am at Thane's beside (he was my romance in 2) when he dies, I get all teary-eyed.

The ending(s) may not be what everyone was looking for but the journey there is well worth it.
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 04:35:49 AM »
just finished the game, the ending wasn't even that bad, In fact i liked it *gasp*

it was just nerdrage.

the only thing im pissed at is that bioware forces you to play the multiplayer so you can get a better ending, and if you dont they basically nullify your sidequests.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:43:43 AM by Lithium »

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
How does the multiplayer affect the ending?  On a side note, which easy did you go with the ending?  Left, middle, or right?

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 05:49:36 PM »
i went to the right path Because the catalyst's reasons for the whole reaper thing were incredibly childlike and naive. Life is life, whether it be organic or synthetic, and ultimately having all organic life except one wiped out by the reapers is pretty much the same thing as having it wiped out by a robot uprising.

That was the whole point of Edi and the Geth subplot, to make you think about whether or not synthetic life could be alive. In my play through I encouraged Edi to be whoever she wants to be because she clearly gained self-awareness and I chose the Geth over the Quarians since the Geth were actually more or less a peaceful race but were allways forced to defend themselves because the Quarians (and their allies) kept being dicks. The flotilla didn't even have to die but they kept shooting because they're dicks. Not only that but the Geth gained self-awaeness and considered themselves to be alive (I'm in the Alan Turing school of thought when it comes to this)

It was a tough choice because Tali was one of my favorite characters but it had to be done because i was a bit ruthless in gaining support against the reapers, and cured the Genophage for that reason (also i was hoping that i would have the oppurtunity to assassinate Wreave and install Eve to power) I felt that having the Geth eternaly greatful to the Aliance would not only be a great assset against the reapers (much greater than using the cobbled together Quarian fleet) but also against the coming war against the Crogans (since Eve died, although i dont even know if that can be helped or not) The very fact that you had the Geth as allies (and the Geth plot in mass effect 2) proves that synthetics and organic aren't guaranteed to kill each other. Seriously the catalyst was stupidly naive, like anime character level of naivety (in fact to those that have seen gurren-lagan, the plot point is almost ripped verbatim from the Anti-spirals)

as for the multiplayer, it actually matters to get your galactic readiness rating up
http://gametipcenter.com/mass-effect-3-endings-list <--- obviously don't click if you don't want spoilers.

the ending i got was:
Effective Military Strength of 5000 and higher – Destroy the Reapers but unable to Save Anderson from the Illusive Man, you’ll see the clip where Shepard is alive  (well I think i did save him form the illusive man, but he dies anyways due to his injuries, im not sure whether or not thats whats meant by "unable to save Anderson" or not.

played through the Trillogy as Female Shepard since i really like her voice actor
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:11:41 PM by Lithium »

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »
I was expecting the ending to be terrible, and it was kind of dumb and rushed, trotting out overly familiar sci-fi stuff, like magic universe spirit boy and Adam and Eve imagery, but I wasn't outraged or anything. I went online to check out the other endings out of curiousity and was pretty taken aback by the identical nature of each final choice. (I have the feeling this had something to do with selling future DLC, but damned if I know how post-game content is supposed to work in any case.)

What they should have done was have three different tiers with more or less the same narrative content. Like, destroying the reapers should have been the lowest tier, led to by a certain combination of choices in the game (not curing the genophage, e.g.), where you stay on the ground on Earth and have to accomplish some major goal to activate the citadel. Making a better tier of decisions should have gotten you inside the citadel and led you to the confrontation with the Illusive man, which leads to taking control of the reapers. And then the third tier should have gotten you behind the Matrix door with the star child, leading to blending organic and synthetic life, which really seemed pitched to be the transcendent ending the thematics of the games have been leading to anyway (and Joker and EDI get to do it that way!).

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 07:19:21 AM »
Just finished the game in around 37 hours. So, according to Raptr, I've spent at least 12 hours in multiplayer. The multiplayer for Mass Effect 3 gets a lot of flak, some deservedly so. Still, I find the combat really fun and the slot-machine nature of acquiring equipment and powers to draw out the compulsive gambler hidden in me.

As for the ending, I went straight toward the pretty middle as soon as I got control. Hmm, I guess that speaks something about me or at least how I role-played my Shepard.

Having experienced the ending first hand, I understand the negativity some people have toward the ending. The info dump at the end is sudden and bewildering. There's nothing wrong the base ideas, but the game(s) could have done a better job building up to them. While the game is Shepard's story, Shepard wouldn't have made it without friends. Excessive as it may be, it would've been really nice to know definitively what happened to the people Shepard has met.

That Extended Cut content is coming sooner or later in the year. I'm eager to see it as I'm not quite ready to let go of Shepard's story.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:21 AM »
The Extended Cut is out and I've played through some of it. Short story is that Bioware spells out a lot of what's going on with some new scenes. Prominent among them are the epilogue scenes that contain a lot of still images and voice over.

It may over explain things, but that's kind what I wanted.

Oh, and try shooting the Catalyst construct when it is time for you to make the final decision. Uh, after you've already seen an ending or if you really feel like shooting.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »
Is the Extended Cut just new cinematics for the three endings? If so, I'll just load up YouTube. I'm not playing through the end of the game again unless it's something pretty spectacular. It was a shame to see the series end on such a whimper.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 06:18:00 PM »
I saw some additional scenes on the beam run and additional dialogue with the Catalyst. I have read that the extended cut content begins from the point of no return at the sun space station. Haven't confirmed it though.

The endings are fine. Each one has pretty drastic and different changes to the galaxy.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »
I'm never downloading the extended cut. I don't need things that were subtle and implied spelled out for me. Would ruin the beauty of the whole thing.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:23 PM »
The Ending made sense to me.  I'm not actually disappointed by the ending.  Now the Sequence up to the ending I'm very disappointed about.  Everything from the Citadel to the end I found to be ok.  I think part of it was I have played games that took this tack before.  What I really wish is if the very very ending was a Recap like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.