Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118831 times)

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2012, 06:16:09 PM »
Yes, you've got it exact, 100 steps = 1 coin, 10 coins per day max. I try to walk 10,000 steps per day for health purposes and I usually have my 3DS with me (have like 1.5 million steps total, lol) but 10 coins a day is all you'll get.

Well, the 3DS's gyro sensors, much like the Wii's, are not exact.  I probably walk far less than 1000 steps a day, but I always get 10 coins without fail.  Seems it can't tell the difference between "steps" and "riding around in a car."
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
Seems it can't tell the difference between "steps" and "riding around in a car."
How do you expect it to be able to do this?

I actually wonder if the step counter has gotten better after recent updates. For me, it seems to no longer count steps in the car.

Offline Nintendad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »
I wear a quality pedometer and on days when I've had my 3DS with me all day, the results are surprisingly similar between the two.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
I just got my first street pass in what must be atleast a week and it was from Mexico

*ACHIEVEMENT* - Get street passes from 3 countries!

Unfortunately, Mexico has no map. So I have no idea what region of Mexico it was.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2012, 09:25:07 PM »
I just got my first street pass in what must be atleast a week and it was from Mexico

*ACHIEVEMENT* - Get street passes from 3 countries!

Unfortunately, Mexico has no map. So I have no idea what region of Mexico it was.

I think it sucks that Mexico doesn't have map. I get not each individual state gets a region, but still something better than nothing, maybe a few areas like north, south , middle.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2012, 09:50:18 PM »
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Anguilla all have no maps.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
whoa, I actually just got a streetpass today from someone from Anguilla, which was weird since not only was that mentioned by TheFleece, I had literally never heard of this Carribean island before.

I got the streetpass at a "Japan Festival" sponsored by the Japanese Business Association of Southern California.  They had a whole bunch of anime geeks there (there was an anime store that had a booth, and which I'm guessing led to there being a cosplay contest, etc...).  Surprised I only got 7 streetpasses.   

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Ochan30

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2012, 03:25:49 AM »
Hey, I just joined this forum.

Anyway, my Mii Plaza has a population of 341, with 387 tags.

For those of you just getting 3D's I can tell you my secret. In everyday life I tend to get the occasional pass from my weekend job (a retail store), malls, and Gamestops. But if you REALLY want to hit Street Pass gold go to ANY video game, comic book, or anime convention. The bigger they are the more Street Passes you'll get. Since I'd had my 3DS here in  Michigan I've been to the Motor City Comic-con, a small anime convention called Godaikocon (I got at least 30-50 there), and a big anime convention called Youmacon (I got hundreds from this one, I even got Street Passed in my hotel room). This weekend there's another anime convention I'm attending called Shuto-con in Lansing and hopefully I can get my population to break 400 (500 if I'm really lucky).

O-chan

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »
I'm disappointed by how many people have NOT updated 3DS to 3.0.06, time and time again I get street passes and they got NO PUZZLE PIECES FOR ME. I have all the panels and find it hard to believe that so many people NEVER cared to update and get new panels.

I think Nintendo should FORCE the big 3.0.06 update on people with new games. Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis Open should have the update so anyone that hasn't updated will. Screw all the people who mod, that's not my problem, I want puzzle pieces.

if they won't do this at least make it guaranteed or more a sporting chance that I will buy a new piece. I hate with a passion getting the same piece I already have. It might take YEARS to get some panels complete because getting those ' blue middle spaces' that are only accessible via street pass.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
I finally got my first street pass(es) at the midnight launch of Mass Effect 3. It only took 9 months!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »
Even if they updated, they wouldn't necessarily have any pieces for you. They probably will force the update though; those are the first big games since the update.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »

For those of you just getting 3D's I can tell you my secret. In everyday life I tend to get the occasional pass from my weekend job (a retail store), malls, and Gamestops. But if you REALLY want to hit Street Pass gold go to ANY video game, comic book, or anime convention. The bigger they are the more Street Passes you'll get. Since I'd had my 3DS here in  Michigan I've been to the Motor City Comic-con, a small anime convention called Godaikocon (I got at least 30-50 there), and a big anime convention called Youmacon (I got hundreds from this one, I even got Street Passed in my hotel room). This weekend there's another anime convention I'm attending called Shuto-con in Lansing and hopefully I can get my population to break 400 (500 if I'm really lucky).

O-chan

This would be a great idea, if, you know, they had these kind of conventions in all states. Unfortunately, they don't.

Do you have some kind of link to a website that points these conventions out maybe?
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Ochan30

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »

O-chan

This would be a great idea, if, you know, they had these kind of conventions in all states. Unfortunately, they don't.

Do you have some kind of link to a website that points these conventions out maybe?

To be truthful the best resource is just google search on the Internet. Usually if you put down something like "Anime/comic Book conventions in (insert State name here)" you may get results. Keep in mind guys that when Nintendo designed this thing they primarily had densely populated areas in Japan and few large US cities in mind. I can imagine this thing going nuts in someplace like Tokyo or Akihabara while someplace more traditional like Kyoto or Osaka...not so much. Even though Michigan is the "boonies" compared to the West coast and East coast it has enough going on that I've managed to get 523 tags, and a Street Pass population of 415 (yes, the con made it go up) in the year since I got my 3DS. But, as I stated, you get the most when you go to events where you KNOW there's going to be at least a few people with a 3DS. Like, when I pick up Kid Icarus tomorrow I know I'll get at least one at my local Gamestop because the guy that works there always Streetpasses me (and I know he's figured out that it's me because of the same pattern).

But I definitely think that people who live in small cities/towns will have a harder time of it. My only suggestion is maybe plan a vacation to something like a big name anime convention or New York comic-con. It's almost impossible not to Street pass at any events that tend to draw genre savy cults.

O-chan

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2012, 01:07:28 AM »
There are two 3DS systems in my house and they Street Pass several times daily- about three times. Unfortunately in the Mii Plaza Gate when the two Miis meet they state that they have met 99 Times. I would like to see Nintendo keep a higher count of this, but I've noticed this before the first update. I doubt many will get to Street Pass someone 99 times unless they are in a similar situation as myself, but it would still be nice to know just how many times I've really Street Passed someone else.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »
Before today I hadn't gotten a single StreetPass on my college campus, despite pretty much always having my 3DS on me. I just got back from class, took out my 3DS and the green light was on, which got me excited. I open the Mii Plaza, and it turns out I had three of them. What are the odds?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Karmacode

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
Before today I hadn't gotten a single StreetPass on my college campus, despite pretty much always having my 3DS on me. I just got back from class, took out my 3DS and the green light was on, which got me excited. I open the Mii Plaza, and it turns out I had three of them. What are the odds?

Clearly you need to go to a cooler college then.
3DS: 3866-8385-5554
Gamertag: K4RM4CODE

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

That's happened to me before. I've tried walking around the campus during different times (when I can) since it became clear that no one on my usual walks to class has a 3DS.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
I've now StreetPassed the same person on campus three times. She must have just gotten one recently, or just set up StreetPass recently.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:57 AM »
Holy crap, I have hit the Streetpass Motherload.  In the space of 5 or 6 hours, within 1 square mile, I have gotten 21 streetpasses.  And no, this was not a gaming, anime, cosplay, or general nerd convention.  This was not a college campus, a gamestop, or a streetpass gathering.

This was a place, a magical place, a place which many call the happiest place on Earth.  The place where, fittingly, I got my very first Streetpass 2 days after launch last year.

Yes, my friends, that place was Disneyland.  Freakin Disneyland.  On a very uncrowded Mother's Day.

Just wanted to share.  Oh, and some guy named Cardfrek who works at Disneyland (I know this because that's what his Mii said) has a NES Hat.   Not Famicom.  NES.   Oh, I want that hat so bad.  What do you have to do to get that?

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »
As I recall... the NES hat is in Find Mii 2 Second Quest. It's located on the bottom path, behind a locked door, towards the end of the path (before all the paths merge together). I think you get the NES hat the second time you beat that room and a Famicom hat the third time. I forget what you get the first time you beat it.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2012, 09:12:22 PM »
Holy crap, I have hit the Streetpass Motherload.  In the space of 5 or 6 hours, within 1 square mile, I have gotten 21 streetpasses.  And no, this was not a gaming, anime, cosplay, or general nerd convention.  This was not a college campus, a gamestop, or a streetpass gathering.

This was a place, a magical place, a place which many call the happiest place on Earth.  The place where, fittingly, I got my very first Streetpass 2 days after launch last year.

Yes, my friends, that place was Disneyland.  Freakin Disneyland.  On a very uncrowded Mother's Day.

Just wanted to share.  Oh, and some guy named Cardfrek who works at Disneyland (I know this because that's what his Mii said) has a NES Hat.   Not Famicom.  NES.   Oh, I want that hat so bad.  What do you have to do to get that?

Cool, I'll probably be going there for a day in about a month. I went last year in mid June and got 2 the whole day. I was really disappointed. I'm expecting many more this year.

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »

Cool, I'll probably be going there for a day in about a month. I went last year in mid June and got 2 the whole day. I was really disappointed. I'm expecting many more this year.

My advice is to check your 3DS OFTEN.   I'm pretty sure that I got a ton during the parade, just because of all the people who are gathered in a small area.   I also suspect I missed out on a lot just because my 3DS had already hit its limit of 10.

I usually hate going to Disneyland, because it's crowded and expensive and I've been there about 50 times and I'm getting to be too old to enjoy it.  But man, the streetpasses make it a lot more bearable.

Offline Nintendad

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
I'm the same way, I really hate crowds. Now I find myself looking forward to going trying to get Street Passes. I'm usually disappointed. I only have 40-45 and I've had the system since launch. I think the most I ever got in one day was 3 one time, all near my house which is crazy. You just never know. But I'm constantly checking it in my pocket, looking for that green light.

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2012, 11:19:42 PM »
I'm the same way, I really hate crowds. Now I find myself looking forward to going trying to get Street Passes. I'm usually disappointed. I only have 40-45 and I've had the system since launch. I think the most I ever got in one day was 3 one time, all near my house which is crazy. You just never know. But I'm constantly checking it in my pocket, looking for that green light.

Wow.   That really isn't very much.   You must live in a not-so-densely populated area.   I live in the middle of the city, and I have 105 streetpasses, with just 1 of them being a repeat.   And all my streetpasses are "natural," i.e. I have never been to E3, Pax, Any streetpass gatherings, or even that Zelda concert.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
I have had about 17 StreetPasses, 4 with the same person (not on purpose, I guess he hangs out near the path I walk to the bus after work). I live in a medium sized city (about 200K), so I am disappointed. They need to revamp the system so people can do more since I still haven't finished Find Mii, and I might not even beat Find Mii II once (yet alone multiple times).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20