Author Topic: Kirby Planet Robobot, Amiibo Line Announced  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Kirby Planet Robobot, Amiibo Line Announced
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »

Kirby's getting into mechas this Summer.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/42080/kirby-planet-robobot-amiibo-line-announced

Not only was a new Kirby Amiibo line announced today, but a new game is coming this June.

Called Kirby Planet Robobot, the game will feature 25 new Kirby abilities, including a new Doctor ability. Kirby will use his enemies tech abilities against them, including Robobot armor that Kirby can climb into. Even the armor has the copy ability, and this can be used against all types of foes.

Another mode is called Team Kirby Clash, which features download play for those without a game. You'll work together in teams of up to four as you choose roles and help take down a big enemy. Find tablets in this mode and by collecting them all, you can unleash a fierce meteor attack. You can also gain experience in this mode and better your abilities.

Amiibo integration will also be a big part of the game. Tapping Smash Bros. amiibo will give you different abilities. For example, putting in Mario will give you a fire ability, and scanning Link gives you the sword ability. A new Kirby line of Amiibo was also revealed, with the first wave including King Dedede, Kirby, Meta Knight and Waddle Dee. These four amiibo have their own special abilities, as a UFO ability was shown off when scanning in the new Kirby Amiibo.

Kirby Planet Robobot will be coming to the Nintendo 3DS on June 10.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby Planet Robobot, Amiibo Line Announced
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
What a weird concept, not sure if want. More amiibo junk sucks too.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »
Robobobot

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 06:46:36 PM »
The amiibo functionality in this game actually sounds really cool and fun!

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:39 PM »
Kirby in a mech. My two favorite things are now together.

The amiibo functionality has the disappointing facet of having the UFO power being exclusive to amiibo. The UFO is an incredibly powerful ability for Kirby, so I can see how it was decided to tie it with amiibo as a quasi-cheat.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 07:03:23 PM »
UFO takes the best aspects of Spark and Laser and allows you to do them anywhere, so I'm not concerned.

Unfortunate that the Robot segments will likely be similar to the Mega Seeds from Triple Deluxe, in that they won't have much of a main focus. I'd like to see entire levels use the mech, but it's still an awesome mechanic and I'm very excited after Triple Deluxe kicked so much ass.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 07:11:33 PM »
I wanted a Dedede Amiibo a year ago.  Can't say that I care any longer - that boat has sailed.
NNID: ejamer

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:13 PM »
I will say this looks like the game that might push me into getting a 3DS. But with New 3DS getting SNES games I might have to get one of those instead. Tough choices ahead.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
The Waddle Dee has stars coming out of its butt!!!!! Instant buy.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 07:49:27 AM »
Kirby will use his enemies tech abilities against them, including Robobot armor that Kirby can climb into.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:38:53 PM »
The only difference is that Robobot will be fun!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 02:12:14 AM »
I like the Meta Knight design here better than the Smash one.  Not sure how I feel about Dedede, but I still want one.  The Kirby and Waddle Dee are too cute to pass up. :(

The game part of this announcement was everything I could want.  The amiibo part is everything I could not want but still be compelled to throw money at :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 10:08:06 PM »
So I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the regular Kirby Amiibo I already own won't get me the UFO power because **** this kind of amiibo integration.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 10:44:06 PM »
So I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the regular Kirby Amiibo I already own won't get me the UFO power because **** this kind of amiibo integration.
Would disagree with you, but then I remembered 8-bit Mario.

You know what would be really impressive? A game where all the copy powers were Smash Bros. hats. That would be awwwwwwesome.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 03:26:07 AM »

You know what would be really impressive? A game where all the copy powers were Smash Bros. hats. That would be awwwwwwesome.

I'm pretty sure the Direct (quickly) showed the Smash series Kirby unlocking the Smash move set in Kirby Planet Robobot.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 11:05:50 PM »
No no, I mean:

Put Charizard Amiibo on, get Charizard Hat, etc.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 12:13:31 AM »
No no, I mean:

Put Charizard Amiibo on, get Charizard Hat, etc.

Oh! That would too cool for Nintendo to do!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 02:13:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure the Direct (quickly) showed the Smash series Kirby unlocking the Smash move set in Kirby Planet Robobot.
Then, **** you Nintendo.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »
Why? You're getting a new, interesting power for the amiibo you own.  Sure, it's a different new, interesting power than the one from the new amiibo, but that's Nintendo's star earner these days.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
Because I already own a Kirby Amiibo. Plus Smash was in Amazing Mirror so it isn't even new.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37:58 PM »
Oh, ****. I forgot about that.

But still, this is Nintendo's business model now. If you could unlock everything with amiibo you already own, you probably wouldn't buy anymore.

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »

Then, **** you Nintendo.

If Wii, Game Cube not playing DVD's, GBA re-selling you games you already owned, Wii re-selling you games you already owned, DS re-selling you games you already owned, Wii U not having games, Wii U re-selling you games you already owned, the entire New 3DS debacle, the 2DS, the DSi, the mess that was Perrin Kaplan, N64 controllers breaking every couple of months, N64 controllers putting blisters on your hands because of piss poor level design, Super Mario RPG turning into fucking paper mache, Zelda "kiddie cartoon" Wind Waker, the whole Zelda TP being the definitive GC game becoming a launche game for the Pii, the Pii version of TP being scrapped in favor of the "definitive" versions getting an HD remake, the fact that their first HD remake is arguably the most hated/divisive/controversial game they have ever made, losing Mortal Kombat a staple of the Nintendo console, losing Street Fighter a staple of the Nintendo console, losing the REAL Final Fantasy a staple of the Nintendo console, the very existence of a FF Knock-off with FF in the fucking title (Crystal Chronicles), the fact they have a game whose initials are TP and a console whose name rhymes with pii which just proves the whole kiddie humor so they must be kiddie perception, letting Rare go to Microsoft, everything that happened with Silicon Knights, everything that happened with Project HAMMER, hiring a stun man from VH1 (the old MTV knock off) to be the face of the company, re-selling you Game Cube controllers to play games on Wii U but not letting them be compatible with anything else, designing arguably the greatest game controller ever in Game Cube/Wave Bird then throwing it away on trash like Pii Ding-a-ling, making DS backwards compatible with GBA (BC with all past Game Boy) but not BC with all past Game Boy, removing GBA functionality but continuing to sell games that rely on it, selling online games then removing the online service instead of migrating it to the new service, re-selling you Wii games in digital on a console that plays the disc version of the game chances are you already own, and the fact that their HD Playstation "killer" is the Pii 2.0 with a touch screen controller making you play with Nintendo poo and pii because they are immature doofuses, DIDN'T make you say **** YOU Nintendo already, then you DESERVE AMIIBO and the hell it has unleashed upon gaming/semi-joking rant over.

You have been playing with Nintendo's "magic wand" for over a decade I think it is you that Nintendo has fucked. (or all of us in a sad way.)
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.