Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) Review  (Read 8718 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) Review
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
I think in this case it makes more sense not to push motion controls this late in the console's life cycle. The audience that had Wii Remotes were early adopters they are a smaller percentage now, the rest are people who got the machine for Mario Kart, Smash, and Spaltoon, there is a good chance they don't have Wii remotes and this is Nintendo marketing the game to the largest audience possible instead of trying to sell people on remotes, which is what their goal was when it came to Wii but doesn't make sense now.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) Review
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
Plus, it's a single player game and the main controller for the console is the gamepad which is great for single player games and the gamepad is set up for traditional controls. Thus, it makes sense that the controls are traditional inputs because it's designed around the main controller which isn't the Wii remotes this time around. The Amiibo functionality is because the gamepad can read those things unlike the Wii remotes. It's actually a case of Nintendo supporting the console's main controller just like they supported the Wiimotes on the Wii. It's not a case of giving up on or making a statement about motion controls. This is a game that was released on two different consoles with different control methods. To use the gamepad, it just so happens that it's easier or makes sense to port the Gamecube method of control over the Wii.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.