Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210492 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
All this fast food talk has got me curious. If you can only choose one meal from each fast food restaurant, what would it be? For the sake of extra fun, you can choose one item from the active menu and an item that is defunct or only appears for a limited time each year. And no, I'm not doing a rate the last food you ate thread.

My choices

McDonald's

Active - McChicken (see The McRib is Back thread)

Defunct/Limited - Pizza. McDonald's has a great habit of seeing what people aren't buying at their restaurant and then offering it for awhile to try and get people to fight the competition. They've done it with salads and submarine type sandwhiches. These often fade pretty fast. In theat vein, one thing they offered in the early 90's was pizza and it was actually pretty good. I remember they had a pizza Happy Meal and I loved it. While most of the other pizza offerings soon disappeared, the Happy Meal/Individual size lasted awhile longer until also fading into obscurity. I wish I had ate more of it while I could.

Wendy's

Active - This might be the toughest on my list because all their offerings are gold. It comes down to the Spicy Chicken or Bacon Deluxe Double and I'm going with the Bacon Deluxe Double because it is a more hearty offering. This is a bit of new thing. Normally I always got the Double Classic but I really like the Applewood Smoked Bacon Wendy's uses. I never thought bacon added that much to a burger to be worth the extra price it usually is but when I tried the Bacon Deluxe Double, I haven't looked back to the Double Classic yet. It is the most common thing I order from the menu these days.

Defunct/Limited - Bacon Mushroom Melt. I can only dream that someday it will be a regular menu item. Until then, I'll just have to keep stocking up on them for the limited time they are offered. That melted cheese sauce. Mmmmmmmmm.

Quiznos

Active - Another tough choice since I eat here regularly and love a lot of the subs. But if I had to say there was one supreme sub, I'm going with the Beef and Swiss Melt. Exquisite. Especially when winter rolls around. That sub keeps a man sane. I might have gone with the Chicken Carbonara since both subs use the Alfredo sauce but in the past couple months, Quiznos changed their chicken so that it has some herbs in it and it throws off the taste of their chicken subs. So, stand tall and proud Beef and Swiss Melt

Defunct/Limited - I could spend a lot of time on this one. There have been a lot of subs that have come and gone. While I'd like to name 6 or 7, it comes down to two, The Buffalo Chicken and the Roast Beef Dip. As much as I like spicy food, I'm going with the Roast Beef Dip for two reasons. 1. It was tasty! It was freakin' good. 2. The sub used a French Onion sauce or something that I liked to use for the Prime Rib & Peppercorn Sub instead of the peppercorn sauce they use on it. So, for making two delicious subs from one, Roast Beef Dip is most deserving of being reinstated to the Quiznos menu.

And now a bunch of restaurant that I can't think of anything defunct/limited that I would want or remember so I'm just sticking with the active portion.

A & W

Active - Papa Burger. I love mustard on burgers.

Dairy Queen

Active - Original Double Cheeseburger. The mustard, cheese, pickles, and ketchup mix so well with the hamburger and cause a taste high.

Burger King

Active - Steakhouse XT Burger. I'm really not a fan of Burger King. I don't like their fires and I've never cared for the Whopper. But I tried this recently and I'm sticking with it. There is a bit of a weird taste to their BBQ sauce but I can live with it and doesn't completely ruin the burger but I do wish they'd at least fix that.

Taco Bell

Active - Cheesy Gordita Crunch with Supreme Fries. For people who don't think Taco Bell does a good job of making Mexican Food, they nailed it with this meal. Any argument made against this offering will fall on deaf ears to busy chewing down another Gordita Crunch.

Subway

Active - Roast Chicken Sub. Rule #1. Don't get your sub toasted at Subway. They don't know how to do it. #2. Order the Roast Chicken. It doesn't matter what veggies you use, it will taste great. Heck, I'll just get the works most of the time. Just make sure you get the right sauces to complement the chicken. Sweet Onion and Honey Mustard. You can add Mayo if you want put Salt and Pepper will be enough with those two. I guess you could grab a couple cookies to complete the meal. 1 Chocolate chip with M&M's and a White Macadamia Nut should do just fine. You can thank me now.

Red Robin's

Active - Maybe not fast food but with all this burger talk, I just had to mention them. The Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Burger is one of the ultimate burger experiences. It starts out slow as you mouth learns the different components of the burger. But at the halfway point, the mouth can't keep up from the flavor overload and at the end, you are having a high from your burger. Sit for 10 minutes afterwards to let your senses return while the flavor slowly fades to memory.

Pizza Hut

Active - One last mention off the top of my head. I do like Pizza Hut pizza. It's best if you eat in and get it while it is greasy fresh. That said, it's not my number one Pizza choice. That's Panagos. However, what is great is the pasta they've been carrying for a good year or so. I love their Creamy Chicken Alfredo. What a great lunch. I do love pasta. What's a bit unusual compared to a lot of other Alfredo offerings by other restaurants is that they put on a lot of cracked black pepper in the sauce. Surprising at first, I've really come to like it a lot. Good job Pizza Hut.

So, those are my choices. Being in Canada, we don't have all the restaurants you have in the states like In N Out Burger or WhiteCastle. But don't let that stop you from mentioning them if you want to. I'm curious to see who's tastes we agree with and who we differ from.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:26:13 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
Mcdonalds
Standard Plain Hamburger, just pickles, onions, and ketchup.

Wendy's
Junior Bacon Cheeseburger
I used to work at Wendy's and yes the meat is real, your cook is often covered with blood. Things are kept meticulously fresh and that's why its better.
and if its there the Jalapeno Double.

Quizos
Chicken Carbonara, its sad to hear that they may have changed up the flavor since it was so right.

Burger King
um....yeah im not a big Burger King Fan...um I'll just get a kids meal.

Dairy Queen
Oreo Blizzard....but im semi-lactose intolarant especially if i eat ice-cream...so how about a Strawberry Limeade

Panda Express
Orange Chicken, but im sick of Panda Express.

Tokyo Rice Bowl
Teriyaki Chicken/w rice

Yokohama Rice Bowl
Yakitori Chicken/w rice

Taco Bell
Chicken Grilled Stuft Burrito

Mr. Gs- yeah you don't have these where you live. Bean and Cheese Burrito, 12 rolled tacos

Subway
Cold Cut Trio..im not sure what they call it now, but ham and turkey with swiss cheese and then add olives, mustard, mayo, avocado, and bacon.

Pizza Hut
Pepperoni Pizza, sure you can put a lot of things on a pizza and i'd eat it, but I prefer the classic.

In N Out Burger
Double Animal Style

Jack in the Box
I stopped eating there, their food is just too greasy, but when I did I'd eat a Sour Dough Jack

Carls Junior
Same as Jack in the Box, but actually i never liked Carl's Junior ever.

The thing I would prefer to eat in most all situations
A Lamb Kabab or a Gyro, or Sushi

Favorite Sushi
Unagi, followed by las vegas and volcano rolls, followed by dragon rolls, always accompanied with an Uni Shooter.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:39:27 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
When I go out I'm all about value. You have to know how to get the most for your money at these places.

McDickerson's - McDouble meal with a jr.chicken on the side. This costs about 7 bucks (which is less than a big mac meal) and then you take the jr.chicken and put that bad boy in between the patties in the mcdouble. I like to call it the McGangBang and that's what winning looks like.

A&W - had to eat here all the time in university because it was on campus and it took debit... $4 for two mamma burgers was a pretty good deal.

Subway - another university favourite. You can't go wrong with a $5 footlong meatball sub.

Quiznos- When they had the $5 footlong beef and cheddar I was all over that. Since they took it off the $5 menu I have switched to the ham and swiss or meatball sub.

Pizza Pizza - This is clutch because it's open late and it's good to have an option other than Dickerson's. Usually me and my friend will get plenty for $20. That's 10 wings, 3 topping large pizza 2 dipping sauces and 4 cokes. A little more expensive than usual, but you get a lot more and I'm guaranteed to be full.

I've got a couple other places, but they're local joints so unless you live in toronto they're no good for this thread. I'm always looking for places with good deals on food, I love food.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »
Quiznos- When they had the $5 footlong beef and cheddar I was all over that. Since they took it off the $5 menu I have switched to the ham and swiss or meatball sub.

I think you should still be able to get the Beef and Chedder. There are a few menu options I can still ask for and get at my Quiznos even though they are not on the menu. I don't see why they couldn't make this. It's a simple sub and they would still carry all the ingredients. As for the Ham & Swiss, ask for it with Honey Mustard instead of Mayo. The taste difference is phenomenal. Quiznos ham and their honey mustard sauce blend so well together.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
All these would be the Canadian version of said chain but I'll put a few American exclusives at the bottom.

McDonalds: McChicken

Wendy's: Used to be Big Bacon Classic but it's been replaced by the Bacon Deluxe which I don't like as much.  It's more or less the same thing only it costs a lot more.  I've been getting the Classic Single recently just because it's affordable.

A&W: Mozza Burger though I rarely go here because the prices are too high.

Burger King: Whopper

Dairy Queen: No favourite.  I don't go here much.  When I do I try to go for any promotional deal if there is one.

Quizno's: Tuna sub.

Subway: Pizza sub.

KFC: I go if there is a deal and usually just get the Original Recipe.

Taco Bell: I hate this place yet somehow I end up there once in a while.  I usually get the basic tacos and then feel sick.

American exclusives:

Jack in the Box: Sourdough Jack - BEST FAST FOOD BURGER IN THE WORLD

Carl's Jr.: Famous Star

In-N-Out Burger: Double Double

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »
Only place I eat at on this list Taco Bell, and I always get 2 Fresco crunchy tacos and a chicken burrito. I don't think Quizno's should be on the list though, or subway really. They don't have fryers, everyone else on there does.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »

McDonald's

Defunct/Limited - Pizza. McDonald's has a great habit of seeing what people aren't buying at their restaurant and then offering it for awhile to try and get people to fight the competition. They've done it with salads and submarine type sandwhiches. These often fade pretty fast. In theat vein, one thing they offered in the early 90's was pizza and it was actually pretty good. I remember they had a pizza Happy Meal and I loved it. While most of the other pizza offerings soon disappeared, the Happy Meal/Individual size lasted awhile longer until also fading into obscurity. I wish I had ate more of it while I could.

Oh man, I was thinking about McDonalds pizza just the other day.  Sure wish they still offered it!

Fast food isn't my thing.  When I do eat out, my preference looks like this:
(1)  Arby's as long as they are offering 4 junior roast beef sandwiches for $5!
(2) Dairy Queen is good for either two double cheeseburgers and a blizzard, or the garden salad with chicken and bacon
(3) Quiznos has several great subs
(4) A&W root beer is so good in a chilled mug that it makes the Double Mozza Burger worth ordering (even though it feels terribly heavy after finishing)
(5) Burger King makes awesome chocolate milkshakes... but nothing else really worth ordering.
(6) Wendy's makes a great spicy chicken sandwich

Pizza might not really count as "fast food", but Pizza Delight restaurants out east are incredible and beat the pants off Pizza Hut any day.  When we moved to Toronto, that was the only food that my wife felt really bad about leaving behind.
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
At burger places I generally get two of their standard hamburgers (no cheese). At Subway I almost always get a footlong Buffalo Chicken (non-toasted, but the chicken warmed up) on Italian, with no cheese or vegetables, just ranch dressing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:55:53 PM »
I don't each much fast food in comparison, and I usually mix things up with each visit. Two national chains I do often go to are Quiznos and Subway.

At Subway I almost always get a foot long Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki or a foot long spicy italian. I do get them toasted.

Quiznos, I like to try all there sandwiches, but I like the Chicken Carbonara.

I'm suprised Mop It Up hasn't posted in this thread chastising our eating habits.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »

McDonalds: Edible, but not really enjoyable anymore.  The Fries, a chicken sandwhich (McChicken or Crsipy) is probably what I would order.
I also used to be a steak egg and cheese bagel guy & I also loved the McGriddles. Do they still serve those?

Wendy's: Don't eat here often. Their fries are good, but you have to salt them. Baconator was pretty good too.

A&W: Never really tried their food, but they are always paired up with a KFC. Their food on the men always look so generic and uninteresting.

KFC: Soo greasy, but $1.99 bag lunch on Tuesdays can't be beat. (2pc chicken and a buscuit - $1.99). Mash & gravy eaten with potato wedges is usually how I do it. popcorn chicken is off the hook too.

Burger King: I like the Triple Stacker. I've tried to order a Double Stacker made with Whopper Patties. They wouldn't do it. They suggested a Double Whopper with Stacker sauce. I agreed... they still wouldn't do it. Have it my way my ass.
Crossandwiches used to be pretty good too. Haven't had b-fast there in a while.

Dairy Queen: I haven't eaten here is decades. I've stopped at one 3 or 4 times over the last 4 years, but never ordered anything,

Quizno's: Steak subs. salads are good too. I will easily spend $12+ in here and be completely satisfied with my decision afterwards. Also love their Broccoli Cheese soup.

Subway: such a fucking rip off. Where is the freaking meat? If I wanted to have a salad sub, I would have ordered that. where is my meat? False advertising at it's worse.
me - "I want the sandwich in the picture"
them - "This is the sandwich in the picture"
me - "where is all the meat?"
them - "you have to order extra meat for it to be like that"
me - "...." walks out and goes to quiznos.

but seriously, The Hot Pastrami. it was soo good.

Taco Bell: #3 all soft(3 taco meal). Love anything supreme, but nothing with that god awful nacho sauce. There is just something about the sour cream here. Grilled Stuffd burrito is also pretty good.

Jack in the Box: This is 3am food. This is Post Drinking food. This is the best damn fast food you are ever gonna have at 3am while drunk.
Sourdough everything. 2 tacos for a buck. everything is perfectly greasy for that alcohol coated stomach. My favorite for a long time was the Ultimate Bfast Sandwich on sourdough.

Carl's Jr.: Mushroom Portabello Burger. I love it. Chicken Parmesan Sandwich was pretty good too.

In-N-Out Burger: I don't get the love for In N Out, especially not Animal Style. I don't eat here. twice was enough for me to make up my mind.

Chipotle's: Mexican spot owned by McDonalds.... surprisingly good, but too damn expensive. I can find way better authentic Mexican for little more than half the price.

El Polllo Loco: I haven't had anything here that I have ever liked. ever. none of it was terrible, it's just that none of it was all that great.

Popeyes: Good chicken, but their crispy is a little too dry and crispy on the skin. If only I could mix KFC and Popeyes into one chicken place. Mash & gravy here is good too. better than KFC's gravy.

Del Taco: Havne't had too much from here, but I prefer Taco Bell tacos. The fries from here are actually not bad either. have not tried a burger, but the burritos(while not bad) left me wanting to go across the parking lot to Taco Bell instead.

New York Pizza Xpress: Individual pizza wasn't bad, but I'd much prefer a full size. the chili dogs looked pretty good, but I didn't try them. I've only been there once, and this is the only one of it's kind that I've ever seen.

Wing Stop: chicken wings to go. I liked most flavors, but this just seemed too expensive for what you got. It is good, and you can mix and match all you want, but to leave there completely full and 100% satisfied, I just think I might have to spend more than I want.

------------------------------------

Tommy Burger (LA Exclusive): OMG. Chili everything. Chili Burgers, Chili Dogs, Chili Fries. It's all so damn good, especially after going out that night. I've only had it a few times (because I don't live in LA) but I would pick this over JntB if I had the choice.

Arby's: I haven't seen one of these in so long.... unless you count the one I saw when I was in N.O. (or was that a Hardees?). Either way I no opinion since I can't remember ever eating there.

Hardees: same as Arby's. Do these even exist anymore?

Did I forget anywhere?

Also keep in mind that almost all of these that I mentioned (above the dotted line) is for the most part, right next to each other. I could literally walk from one to the next. I could hit most of them from the other one with a burger patty if I tried.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:18:28 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
haha... hey BnM you need to make sure you give the people working at Wendy's **** for not salting them. They have a big salt shaker for doing that, by the end of the day the fry station is Briney. Also, what time do you normally go? Best time is noon and 5pm, thats just when everything runs the smoothest. If you get there at 2 or 3 make sure they give you fresh stuff.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
Hardee's still exist in North Carolina and Virginia. Maybe in Pennsylvania and Ohio too.

Arby's is still all over the East Coast. I see them from Ohio on to Washington DC.

No one has tried Chic-fil-a yet? Supposed to have the best chicken nuggets, they use actual chucks of meat, not ground up processed pieces.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »
I believe there is a Chick-Fil-A in Oakland and I got a chicken sandwich there. It was pretty good.
Forgot all about that place.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
I'm surprised Mop it up hasn't posted in this thread chastising our eating habits.
Have I ever done that?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »
I thought you had, but looking back at the post history I don't see any chastising.

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
Five Guys > In N Out.

FACT.
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
Five Guys is fucking delicious but for price of one of their burgers I can get five dollar menu items at McDonald's.  McDouble + Drink (small is fine with free refills!) + Fries + Nuggets + Parfait for the same price of one burger with no drink or sides or anything?  Honestly it's a close call but since I have a hard time even eating that much McDonald's in one sitting I end up almost always going with the value menu.

God, same with Quizno's.  The chicken carbonara is tits but I'm too cheap to ever get it. Same with Subway, too; the five dollar footlong sounds like a good deal but their sandwiches are always so disappointing that it's still not worth it.  Four Arby's sandwiches for five dollars is...more than my body can handle.  I have never felt anything close to good after eating Arby's.

Anyway, every once in a while I fit Five Guys into my budget and I always get a burger with jalepenos, grilled onions, ketchup, hot sauce, and last but not least that incredible cheese.  Seriously I don't know what kind of **** they put in that cheese but it's delicious.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 08:43:43 PM »
Quiznos has a great value menu.

Speaking of value menus, I went into Carl's Jr. the other day and there value menu was gone!

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
Chick-fil-a:  I love Chick-fil-a, and there are a lot of them around where I live.  Their Spicy Chicken Sandwich Deluxe is pretty awesome.  Also, every year during the Nov. - Dec. holiday season, they serve a delicious Peppermint Chocolate Chip Mint Milkshake, which is the BEST...MILKSHAKE...EVER.  I haven't been by their yet, but I've been jonesing for one since a friend of mine posted about it a few days ago.

We take my 3 year-old there frequently when we're eating out; he seems to prefer their chicken nuggets.  Their toys/books that they give with the kids meals are also pretty nice; it's not very well-known, but you can trade an unopened toy back in for an ice cream.  We do that sometimes when Micah already has the book they've given out.

Nothing But Noodles:  A little too expensive, but I love their Southwest Chipotle...it consists of fettuccini pasta in a roasted pepper cream sauce, mixed with fresh red bell pepper, chipotle and onions.

Donato's Pizza:  They have the best Hawaiian Pizza I've ever tasted.  I think it's because it includes nuts and is sprinkled with a hint of cinnamon.

Quizno's:  Some friends of mine and I have been eating lunch there for years.  The manager even gave me a free sub on my birthday recently.  My favorites include the Baja Chicken Sub and the Black Angus Sub.

We have the usuals, McD's, Burger King, Hardees, Arby's, but to be honest, I don't frequent them anymore.   I used to love Arby's, but no one else I know (including my family) seems to like it.  I still grab a Jamocha shake every once in a while.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 08:49:55 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
yeah Tucson is getting a 5 guys real soon, I'll have to try them out.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »
I heard recently that they're building a 5 Guys here in Erie pretty soon as well, so I'll check that out based on this thread.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
Also, just because a place doesn't have a fryer does not make it not a fast food restaurant. As long as its a chain of restaurants, and the food is made in a timely manner, and the staff is made to wear undignified uniforms than it is a fast food restaurant. Also, add the minimum wage pay to that list too.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
Wouldn't the restaurant simply need a drive-thru window in order to be classified as "fast food"?

Thankfully, I can't even recall the last time I ate at a fast food joint. Cooking your own meals is not only cheaper, but much healthier!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 11:28:44 PM »
I'll have to check out the Quiznos value menu.  I generally only go there a couple times a year and I always get the chicken carb so I don't really pay attention to the rest of the menu :P

This thread reminded me of a trip I took over the summer to King's Island just outside of Cincinnati (great coasters by the way, although I am eternally pissed that I'll never get to try out Son of Beast).  On that trip I went to Skyline Chili and Graeter's ice cream (both of which fit the perm's guidelines for fast food :P) and both were awesome.  Skyline was very good but I'll admit that it was more of a novelty than anything (fast food chili? drive thru AND wait staff??).  Graeter's on the other hand...holy ****.  It was bar none the best ice cream I have ever had.  I ordered blueberry and peach cobbler, and then went back and tried the mango and lemon sorbet.  I have never eaten more ice cream in one sitting and I still wanted more.  On top of that the place was spotless, the prices reasonable, and the service blazingly fast.  Right after us a whole soccer team (around college age) came in and they were all served within a few minutes.  I realize a lot of what I mentioned had to do with the specific graeter's I went to...but still, you know it's good when I tell people more about the ice cream than the great coasters at king's island.

Really though...they should at least demolish Son of Beast.  It taunted me the whole day.  I have never seen a more impressive coaster, including Kingda Ka (which was also shut down when I went to Six Flags.  WTF.)  Anyway that's all off topic...

kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
This thread reminded me of a trip I took over the summer to King's Island just outside of Cincinnati (great coasters by the way, although I am eternally pissed that I'll never get to try out Son of Beast).  On that trip I went to Skyline Chili and Graeter's ice cream (both of which fit the perm's guidelines for fast food :P) and both were awesome.  Skyline was very good but I'll admit that it was more of a novelty than anything (fast food chili? drive thru AND wait staff??).  Graeter's on the other hand...holy ****.  It was bar none the best ice cream I have ever had.  I ordered blueberry and peach cobbler, and then went back and tried the mango and lemon sorbet.  I have never eaten more ice cream in one sitting and I still wanted more.  On top of that the place was spotless, the prices reasonable, and the service blazingly fast.  Right after us a whole soccer team (around college age) came in and they were all served within a few minutes.  I realize a lot of what I mentioned had to do with the specific graeter's I went to...but still, you know it's good when I tell people more about the ice cream than the great coasters at king's island.

Really though...they should at least demolish Son of Beast.  It taunted me the whole day.  I have never seen a more impressive coaster, including Kingda Ka (which was also shut down when I went to Six Flags.  WTF.)  Anyway that's all off topic...

If you were willing to drive to Cinci, just 3 -4 hours further north is Cedar Point, some of the best board walk fries and funnel cake you will ever find. Oh, the coasters are better, too.