Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 454737 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1075 on: August 19, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
I think the outfit should be exclusive to the Wii U version, that should boost its sales.
So much so its an alternative for Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 19, 2014, 09:07:53 PM »
Well, that explains why I never saw that in Zero Mission. Still, that's Samus' outfit in the two previous mainline games so it's weird that Sakurai credits Zero Mission.

This is specifically the Zero Mission shorts and top. The Zero Mission top has a window between the collar bones and breast. Metroid was a leotard and a bikini. Metroid 2 and Super Metroid have bottoms that are practically panties. Metroid Fusion has a zip-up top that doesn't have the window between the collar and breast.

I don't think I should be proud for knowing these things.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:10:20 PM by Enner »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 19, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
How does that work in Fusion.  I thought the suit had become part of her.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 19, 2014, 09:13:04 PM »
How does that work in Fusion.  I thought the suit had become part of her.
Yeah, and the Metroid DNA has altered her. But it seems after getting the Varia suit back everything is fine for her.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »
I don't think I should be proud for knowing these things.
No, be proud. I was too lazy to look it up and I didn't even notice Samus was wearing a different top.

I never really liked the Zero Suit and prefer the vest and shorts. She's a video game character so showing more skin has nothing to do with it. I always found the Zero Suit to not make sense. It's like Nintendo decided that Samus showing her midriff was too risqué so they throw a skin-tight unitard on her. Why is that a better choice?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 19, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »
I skin tight suit under an armor suit makes more sense then you might realize.  That would be where all the sensor are for a hookup into the more rigid main suit.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 20, 2014, 01:39:24 AM »
Shame disclosure: I find NeoGAF pretty problematic, but as the Smash hype has ramped up, I started checking in on their Smash 4 thread to see the daily updates and monitor leak bullshit.

So checked in tonight when I got home to see if there was a new daily picture, but instead, a hothot possibly/probably fake roster leak! I couldn't resist the fantasy of viewing:

http://i.imgur.com/B2BOrgt.png

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 20, 2014, 02:10:14 AM »
Nothing is wrong with NeoGAF. Now gamefaqs...

Regardless, I don't see Wolf so it must be fake. :P:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:47:53 AM by Oblivion »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:22 AM »
This pic has been doing rounds for two days on 4chan.

What makes it suspicious for me is that Duck Hunt dog is not named by his official name. Though i don't really care either way.

I never understood the fuss about character roster in Smash games.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 20, 2014, 03:14:44 AM »
Nothing is wrong with NeoGAF. Now gamefaqs...

Regardless, I don't see Wolf so it must be fake. :P:

Technically, according to this supposed leaker, Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Snake and the Chorus Men will be DLC characters.  Someone on Neo Gaf actually took the supposed leaked roster screen shot and edited it to include the supposed DLC characters and where they would fit on the select screen and the final result works really well.

Now I'm not saying it's real but if it is fake, then whoever made it sure did a good job since some of these character models have never been seen before.  Of course the nice thing about this is since this roster including all these characters models, as soon as Sakurai reveals another character we'll know if it's fake or not.  If a character that hasn't been revealed yet looks exactly like how this supposed leak shows them, that means the whole things real and if they don't, it means the whole things false.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 20, 2014, 07:33:17 AM »
I'm going to assume its fake. I don't see the possibility of the Ice Climbers being DLC characters.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1086 on: August 20, 2014, 08:33:19 AM »
Fake because Snake.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 20, 2014, 09:10:50 AM »
The original image looks horribly disorganized. Characters have been grouped by series in previous games in the series. Also, it looks like Dark Pit is just Pit mirrored (and has his hair colored black). Not sure I buy Dr. Mario returning as an entire character slot (seems perfect as a costume). On a related note, the entire top row being filled by Mario characters would be ridiculous. Add Bowser Jr. and not Dixie Kong? Ew.

On a personal note, I'd also rather see Medusa than the Duck Hunt Dog though I'm curious to see how a dog that only picked up ducks and laughed at you could be a playable character. I don't doubt it can be done considering some of the other choices in the past. I almost want that to be true just see it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
Bowser Jr? Please be fake!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 20, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
Duck Hunt Dog could be fun.

Of course the nice thing about this is since this roster including all these characters models, as soon as Sakurai reveals another character we'll know if it's fake or not.  If a character that hasn't been revealed yet looks exactly like how this supposed leak shows them, that means the whole things real and if they don't, it means the whole things false.

Knowing Sakurai, if this is a real leak he will change the look of the character poses on the select screen to keep us guessing when the next reveal happens.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »
I was more skeptical last night, but today I'm leaning toward believing the leak. As was said, apparently the leaker would have had to come up with a number of professional-looking fake renders, along with a pretty believable update to the Duck Hunt Dog design.

Also, I find the existence of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit to actually lend credence to the leak. There was always going to be something questionable about the final roster, and reviving Dr. Mario as a full slot and adding a third Kid Icarus character seems right in line with Wolf being the final character in Brawl.

Plus Bowser Jr. does make sense as a character, I actually would have put money on him getting in ahead of Rosalina. I would have assumed as a lighter, speedier Bowser clone though . . .

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 20, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
That's a fake.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 20, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
put me down for fake as well

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 20, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
More robust evidence:

And here's what looks like a potential smoking gun of verification, involving a scan from Famitsu that came out today:

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 20, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
Well, I believe. Maybe it will be fun to beat up Bowser Jr. but I'd have preferred many characters ahead of him. Still, bring on the Duck Hunt Dog. What can he do?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
I think it's more likely to be real now, but I still call everything fake until proven otherwise. I've seen some pretty convincing fakes, and so it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone created a few new graphics for this leak.

I would try to point out how the select screen looks kind of messy as a reason it's fake, but, thinking back to when the 3DS menu was shown... that menu is sloppy too and I'd call it fake if I didn't know better. Plus, the remaining character choices are not surprising at all, something else that lends credence to it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:53 PM »
Duck Hunt Dog will be my new main!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
If duck hunt dog is in there I would want a a way too summon the duck in for a fight that would be a grapple and launch to competitors.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 20, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »
Duck Hunt Dog will be the lamest addition to the series in SSB history, if true.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1099 on: August 20, 2014, 09:46:06 PM »
No Professor Layton? Fake.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.