Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 453076 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
While I've thought about buying a 3DS XL and hear many people praising it's supposed worthiness over the regular 3DS, I just haven't fel the need to buy a redundant system. That said, the special edition Smash Bros 3DS XL is really getting me to seriously think about picking it up. Very nice.

Oh, and Meta Knight is confirmed. I expected it but it's still nice to have that confirmation. Kirby universe represent!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Yeah, it looks quite nice.

I wish I could justify buying one. I guess I'll just have to deal with my lame, boring regular 3DS XL.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 13, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
There's a very real chance I'll be working in Europe during the release of 3DS Smash Bros so this bundle is hitting me at the perfect moment.

I just need to do my research on region locking, since this might be my only 3DS.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 13, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
The 3DS has no villains in the image. Interesting choices.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »
I just noticed that Kirby doesn't have angry eyes. Hopefully they change that for a N/A release.  ::)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 13, 2014, 11:48:13 PM »
I'm really tempted to buy this Smash Bros 3DS if it does come to America.  Having a 3DS dedicated just for Smash Bros so my regular XL doesn't wear down faster is a pretty good deal.  Plus it looks great so I'd love to have it just for collection purposes as well.

Of course getting back to the Meta Knight reveal, does anyone else find it kind of funny Sakurai reveals him a day before Hyrule Warriors is to be released in Japan, which was the day many were expecting Ganondorf to be revealed.  So a character everyone expected like Meta Knight is revealed the day no one expected since everyone was thinking he wouldn't revealed someone a day before Ganondorfs reveal day.

Now watch as Ganondorf isn't revealed tonight just so Sakurai can continue the trolling, or better yet, he'll show someone like Ice Climbers tonight instead.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
I just noticed that Kirby doesn't have angry eyes. Hopefully they change that for a N/A release.  ::)
Now that you mention it his whole row doesn't.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 14, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »
Ice Climbers tonight instead.
Think if he did that with them in  acute Zelda and Link style outfit.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1058 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »
I think the Ice Climbers are out for good, unfortunately.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 14, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
I think the Ice Climbers are out for good, unfortunately.

Dude, we've gone over this, the only characters that have a remote chance of getting cut at this point are Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake and maybe Lucas.  Plus there was already a screen shot months ago showing the polar bear from the Ice Climbers in Smash Run.  They're as safe as safe can be.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 14, 2014, 12:13:10 PM »
Ice Climbers have been in the series for a long time now, are a unique character with a really obscure history, and have great troll potential. Sakurai would never cut someone who hits all those points.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 14, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »
In light of some of the changes they made for what looks like Tech reason if Rosaline didn't have the Luma I be a little more worried about them not being in.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 15, 2014, 07:27:33 PM »
While I've thought about buying a 3DS XL and hear many people praising it's supposed worthiness over the regular 3DS, I just haven't felt the need to buy a redundant system.
You could do what I did, wait until you find the XL on sale (the holidays are coming up soon enough, best time to buy), and then sell your original model. If you sell it around the holidays like I did, you should get more money for it, and then you can switch to an XL for a very minimal amount. I have no regrets.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:35 AM »
Looks like Sakurai is bringing back the Hotness Thread.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »
The Miiverse post says this costume is from Zero Mission. I haven't played Zero Mission in like a decade, but I thought the Zero Suit was from Zero Mission. Not that's it especially matters, I don't remember this outfit in the game. This looks like the outfit Samus wears in the 100% ending in Super Metroid (and a couple of the endings in Fusion, or the death animation in either game). In any case, this reminds me of Super Metroid more so it's the one I'm going to use.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 19, 2014, 07:56:02 AM »
Its a Zero Mission ending costume.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091018032731/metroid/images/2/24/Metroidzero08.png
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 19, 2014, 08:06:16 AM »
Well, that explains why I never saw that in Zero Mission. Still, that's Samus' outfit in the two previous mainline games so it's weird that Sakurai credits Zero Mission.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 19, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »
When I thought about it I sort of have a problem with here wearing something so skimpy.  I can't believe she be comfortable like that considering from her background she spent the majority of her life in a fully enclosed suit.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 19, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »
Skimpy? She's in shorts and basically a sports bra. I see "skimpier" outfits just walking around my university campus gym

I can't believe she be comfortable like that considering from her background she spent the majority of her life in a fully enclosed suit.

Well, not really. She does her job in that suit. It's not like she's walking around her house or taking a **** with it on. Hell, in Prime 3 she wasn't wearing it until she approached the army vessel or whatever that was. Also, who wouldn't be comfortable in shorts?

If anything, these two outfits are far less "sexualizing" than the Zero Suit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:56:22 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
Skimpy? She's in shorts and basically a sports bra. I see "skimpier" outfits just walking around my university campus gym

I can't believe she be comfortable like that considering from her background she spent the majority of her life in a fully enclosed suit.

Well, not really. She does her job in that suit. It's not like she's walking around her house or taking a **** with it on. Hell, in Prime 3 she wasn't wearing it until she approached the army vessel or whatever that was. Also, who wouldn't be comfortable in shorts?

If anything, these two outfits are far less "sexualizing" than the Zero Suit.
They've probably retconned it by now but, at one point the whole reason she had the suit to begin with was so that she could keep up with the race that rose her. 

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »
Are some people really that upset by this?  If you're going to give characters alternate customs, something like this was always going to be the most obvious choice for Zero Suit Samus.  The only other alternate custom choices for Zero Suit Samus are her outfits from the original Metriod which are even skimpier, or her military outfit from the Other M flashback cutscenes, which last I checked, just reminding some Metriod fans of Other M's cutscenes causes them to have a mental breakdown.

Seriously, the big news here is we got another character with a real alternate custom, which just keeps increasing the chances more will as well.  Unlike Brawl were Sakurai outright said Wario is the only character who would get one, we've already gotten several and Sakurai has never once said these are the only exceptions this time.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 19, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »
The Military uniform would be interesting.  It would make Samus look a lot like Cammy.

The original one that was a full swimsuit thing and Green hair be cool.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:36:49 PM by Ceric »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:36 PM »
Are some people really that upset by this?
Are you new? This is the Internet. People get upset over everything. Someone somewhere is upset that I used vowels in this post.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 19, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
Are some people really that upset by this?
Are you new? This is the Internet. People get upset over everything. Someone somewhere is upset that I used vowels in this post.

Hey buddy, don't you think you shouldn't spreading that vile vowel agenda around NWR? The world already has enough vowelists in the world without you bringing it into this thread.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 19, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
I think the outfit should be exclusive to the Wii U version, that should boost its sales.