Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 160653 times)

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
I like the Abrams pick, and even though I grew up watching Star Trek (and was a fan), I still loved his treatment of the reboot.  I recently watched several of the movies, including the 2009 reboot, and the reboot remains one of the more entertaining entries.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the new Star Wars trilogy, and I'm beyond thrilled that I'm going to get the chance to take my kids to see Star Wars movies in the theaters.  Whether they're good or bad, there's just something exciting about that.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
I hate when people call the last Trek movie a reboot, which implies it is replacing the previous stuff. It is not, the movie (and the new one) are just in a alternate timeline. The real timeline still exists (albeit with Romulus destroyed) and I hope they soon go back to the Trek that everyone loves.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2013, 11:38:00 PM »
I like the new trek the way it is, as a fresh start for those of its not familiar with the 30+ yr history of the material, nor interested in trying to catch up.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
I think you can still call it a reboot. Having it's own timeline and history makes it that even if it keeps the original in tact right?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »
Actually, they have the same history, the real timeline and this Abrams timeline splintered at the moment Nero went back in time (when Kirk was a baby). Everything before that is the same. That means, for example, that the events of Star Trek: Enterprise are the same in both timelines. Regardless, I hate that they are creating a new timeline just to appeal to the dumbed down masses. It's like comic books scrapping 40 years worth of storylines just to try and appeal to people who are not even fans (and yes, I know that has happened). It wouldn't be so bad if they at least had a TV series with the normal timeline.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:12 PM »
We're getting so many Star Wars movies.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/05/its-official-star-wars-standalone-films-are-coming/

So in addition to the new trilogy, we're getting all kinds of other, singular, standalone Star Wars movies. There was a rumor a couple weeks ago that Zach (Zack? Zak? Who cares) Snyder was gonna make one of these non-trilogy Star Wars movies based on Seven Samurai. There is a more recent rumor of a spinoff all about Yoda. Some people think these two rumors are one in the same. It's the wild west on Star Wars rumors these days.

But anyway, these movies are going to be coming in the years in between the proper trilogy films. So starting in 2015, we're gonna get Star Wars movies every year for probably six years if not more. I think it's very possible if not very likely that these spin off films will be more interesting than the proper trilogy as they'll probably be given more creative freedom for directors to come in and put their own personal stamps on them.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »
i still say the thrawn trilogy is a great basis for 7-9
but honestly given that disney will take any excuse they can to rerelease something the original 'han shot first' versions will likely be rereleased

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »
ever since the cops Storm Troopers thing, this idea has appealed to me.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »
MOAR STAR WARS NEWS

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/06/Han-Solo-Boba-Fett-Movies/

So remember yesterday when I was excited about the standalone movies? Yeah not so much anymore. I was hoping we were gonna see entirely new characters and new corners of this universe and interesting directors doing interesting things. Instead we're just gonna get lame origin stories that ruin our favorite characters. First up, Han Solo. Do we really need to see him playing the card game with Lando where he won the Millenium Falcon? No. Do we need to see him befriend Chewie? No. Do we need to see the job he botched for Jabba? No. This movie is going to hit all of those beats and maybe some stupid Force and destiny ones too. Most importantly, do we need to see someone besides Harrison Ford play this character? Most definitely no. I just think there's no way we'll come out of that movie liking Han Solo as much as we do now.

The other movie is a Boba Fett movie, a character who has already been ruined by a terrible origin story. (His appearance in the prequels was one of the stupidest things ever.) I never really cared much about Boba to begin with but I think this has a good chance to be the more interesting standalone film of the two. If it's all about bounty hunters in space, I'm game. If it's THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY IN SPACE, I will love the hell out of it. If it's just Boba whining about Mace Windu killing his dad the whole time, I will hate it.

Hopefully that's all the big Star Wars news we'll get for a while.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »
the only way id like to see Han Solo story would be animated. Yoda as an origin story i'd be interested in. Mainly because Yoda has such a long life span. Boba Fett... unnecessary.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
I hate that they want to go back and revisit/revise the history instead of just moving the story along. Prequels were already disappointing for many reasons, and it seems like these movies would be made entirely of those things.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2014, 07:56:47 PM »
-BUMP-

Posted about this on another forum and thought I would bring the conversation here too.

I am hoping that Disney gives the Star Wars series a Marvel treatment and gives us supplemental TV shows and spin-off films. We could even get some more animated projects. I would hope they can pick a point in the timeline and just move along from there and allow characters to age, die, and move on in the show with children and new characters taking their places down the road. there is a lot of potential and they have plenty of Extended Universe material they can pull from for initial scripts and rework the characters and plots for the films.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2014, 03:27:49 PM »
As I remember, thats the thinking behind this. There is a framework for 6 new StarWars movies, 2 tv shows(not including "rebels"). Also Disney Infinity plus Star Wars  makes my wallet scared!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »
I'd hope that the TV show really just fills in the gaps between the movies or explores other areas of the franchise.  I listened to a Podcast a little while back that discussed what kind of Stars Movies they would like to see, and a lot of really good ideas came up.  One of the more interesting ones had to do with the early days of the Jedi.  I think a series focusing on how they basically became galactic peace keepers would be cool.  I also like the idea of exploring the origins of the Jedi in the first place.  It's described as a religion, which makes me wonder if, like other religions, there was a prophet and what his (or HER!) story might be.

Or, you know, like Jedi detectives. Or something.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
Is not Yoda the prophet? (i asked the question like Yoda so now it reads funny)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
If that's an honest question, I never felt that way.  It was referred to as "ancient" even before we meet Yoda.  And while Yoda is old, the religion is almost faded out in the original trilogy and still fairly prevalent and well established in the prequel trilogy.  That tells me that Yoda, while being the eldest, hasn't been around for the longevity of the faith.

However, I think it's mentioned that he outlived the rest of his species whose extinction could make for another fascinating story.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
I just want to know what his race is called.

If you include the Darkhorse comics "Tales of the Jedi" then the Jedi were a galactic peace keeping force 4000 years before Episode 4. These are events from before the "Knights of the Old Republic" game (the game actually references some of the characters and lore from the comics, which was a nice touch).

The stories actually begin relatively close to the discovery of hyperspace travel as there are explorers out mapping new routes and discovering new star systems.

I do wonder where the Jedi originated from. Did it start on one planet and spread with space travel? They appear to be quite numerous and entrenched in their position in the Republic serving Empress Teta from the get-go. Now that I think about it, were they even a Republic at that point if they had an Empress?
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
Uh guys they've already confrimed a bit of what you guys are asking for. Right now the expanded universe is dead and the only things that are considered star wars Cannon are

The Six Films
Clone Wars TV series + the Darth Maul comic coming out this year.

Rebels is starting this year on Disney XD and will be about the period between sith and New Hope.  beyond that Disney has already stated that from here on out there is just one cannon and were going to get films every year.

2015- Star Wars 7
2016- Side film
2017- 8
2019- Side Film
2020-9

Expect to get Live Action as well as CG side films as well. Plus Marvel gets the lisence back next year and all comics published will fit into the new Cannon as well as Video Games.

Bleedingcool said Marvel met with lucasfilm a few weeks ago and there should be a couple of monthly ongoings launching.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
However, I think it's mentioned that he [yoda] outlived the rest of his species whose extinction could make for another fascinating story.
Well there was Yaddle during Ep. 1.
Yaddle is canon.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2014, 04:16:09 PM »
How long until the MCU and StarWars universes have a temporary crossover rift?

Maybe a 2022 Xmas special where The Sith Lords team up with Dr. Doom & Galactus to rule the Multiverse using Doombots, clones and Lightsabers vs The Avengers, The Defenders & Guardians of the Galaxy?

and then it all ends with a fade out of Stan Lee doing acid with George Lucas and the entire movie was a figment of their creative imaginations.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »
However, I think it's mentioned that he [yoda] outlived the rest of his species whose extinction could make for another fascinating story.
Well there was Yaddle during Ep. 1.
Yaddle is canon.

Yeah, I forgot a lot about Episode 1.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
This got bumped...

Did Disney buy Lucasfilm AGAIN?!!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »
Well that is interesting to hear. I'm not opposed to disregarding the EU. Changes would have to be made to adapt to film in a way that would be engaging to all fans and potential viewers. But I do hope they take the EU into consideration. Keep the characters, alien designs and pieces of the lore and place it in some way into the future films in some way.

Can you link some reliable articles with any more details? I'm curious about what will happen with the EU novel series.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
Not a big star wars fan, but that last season of the Clone Wars was amazing. Yoda's story in particular was crazy. Seriously, I couldn't stop watching it for a second. It's on Netflix BTW if you haven't seen it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »
In an ironic twist, Yoda is from earth.