Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 925041 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Only Nintendo could release a product like the NES Classic, see it sell out so fast that it effectively never sits on a store shelf

wow what a stupid company that is. bet they'll go belly up before you know it
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I'm willing to up my Patreon pledge if I can get a certain soccer game review by the end of the month...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
If you're really serious, I suppose I can make it happen. I thought you were just kidding around about wanting it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Look, some people want to watch Tom Brady score a touchdown. Some people want to see Taylor Swift sing about snakes. Me? I want my #1 soccer information source to review a soccer game so that the universe is in balance.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Well okay then, I guess I have to give the people what they want. Before you ask, I'll be reviewing FIFA 18 for Switch when it comes out next month as well, which I'm going to go ahead and guess right now will be the better of the two games.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
This is starting to sound like Pro-EA bias!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I'm willing to up my Patreon pledge if I can get a certain soccer game review by the end of the month...

Boom! With a whole four hours to spare, even. You can go ahead and up your pledge to make up for me having to spend real money on that mess.

J.P. Corbran

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
All is right in the world...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

Boom! With a whole four hours to spare, even. You can go ahead and up your pledge to make up for me having to spend real money on that mess.

In a mere four months, the money will be made back by me upping my pledge. The numbers don't lie!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3284 on: September 01, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
Man, there's a comment/joke I've had in my mind with the recent discussion going on in the "Rate your last Movie" thread but I feel it is on the edge of acceptable forum guidelines. Plus, as a mod I'm supposed to be setting some kind of good example or something so I've resisted thus far.

However, a private message may be a different story. So if you want to find out what is, pm me and I'll tell you and then you can boo or cheer me and I'll find out if I'm in poor taste or not. (Also, laughter is not guaranteed. You may find the comment lame.)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #3285 on: September 03, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
TELL ME

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: September 07, 2017, 01:07:53 AM »
If they had made number 2 a physical

gross man wtf
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: September 07, 2017, 12:02:08 PM »
It's an interesting thread. It's also got this username and comment synergy:

I'm looking forward to playing number 2.

While Insanolord appears to be posting while drunk. Look at him slurring his words:

I'm all digital and I love it; thouhh at the rate I buy games I'm going to have to shell out big bucks foran even bigger SD card before too long. I'm already down to 150 GB free on my 200 GB card. f
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3288 on: September 11, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »
Some people appear to be posting while sober.  :Q
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: September 14, 2017, 01:13:59 PM »
I created this thread to hear everyone's thoughts regardless of whether one bought a Switch yet, not to convince/shame those who haven't.
Have you used the Internet before? This isn't how it works, you're supposed to berate everyone, especially people with a different opinion. I went into that topic expecting to be shamed, and I left disappointed.

I haven't purchased a 3DS game since November 2015 (if my Amazon orders history is to be believed).
I didn't want to go off topic again in that thread, but I find this surprising. Has there really been nothing on 3DS that has interested you since 2015? Granted, if you don't like RPGs, I guess you had a lot less options...

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: September 14, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »
It is a good time to own a Switch, unlike last year when there were no games.

that coz the switch wasn't out last year dumy

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: September 14, 2017, 02:21:30 PM »
I didn't want to go off topic again in that thread, but I find this surprising. Has there really been nothing on 3DS that has interested you since 2015? Granted, if you don't like RPGs, I guess you had a lot less options...
I was surprised too. I was at work and I was trying to remember the last 3DS game I bought before checking Amazon. When i got home, I was able to confirm. The last 3DS game I bought was Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D.

I've mostly been playing Super Smash Bros. For 3DS. I haven't bought a Pokémon game since Blue. My brother unintentionally saving over my game when I was on Victory Road basically ruined Pokémon for me.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: September 15, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »
Re: Kongs - It's a Funhouse thing.

How would you know that unless...

SHAYMIN'S BACK FROM VACATION! WHOOO!

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: September 29, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »
Well it was pouring rain and I felt like crap so I skipped the lines.

sounds like the opening line of a novel.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: September 29, 2017, 02:30:16 PM »

Stratos in the Rye

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: September 29, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »
Well it was pouring rain and I felt like crap so I skipped the lines. The Ferris wheel's blinking lights looked like the eyes of a heartless machine glaring at me from the fog. Everywhere bobbed dots of pink cotton candy clutched by shivering children held tight by parents grumbling at the wasted weekend.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:50:15 PM by Invincible Donkey Kong »

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: September 29, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »
I can't decide if BeautifulShy ruined the Khushrenada diss I was setting up or improved it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: September 29, 2017, 04:51:07 PM »

Stratos in the Rye

Hahaha!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: September 30, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »
I cringe every time I see this reasoning. It’s classic Nintendo apologism. Suggesting people should avoid or ignore things developers put into their games is asinine.

I accept that few games are as expertly designed as Super Metroid. Samus Returns is decidedly worse than its canonical sequel in almost every way, and that’s okay. It’s still good. However, Nintendo and MercurySteam don’t get a pass for designing extremely linear levels and adding warp points in the latest entry of a series known for exploration. Navigating a foreign space and slowly building up an arsenal so everything doesn’t kill you was the entire point. If this is how they wanted to design the game, fine. A Metroid purist won’t get exactly what they want which is also fine.

Something can be different and good at the same time. However, it’s the developers’ responsibility to meet the player’s expectations, not the player’s responsibility to change or lower their expectations because the developers made a worse thing so I won’t sanction the idea that one should alter the way they play a game because developers walked back on certain things that made a series what it is.
Oh give me a break, this is the kind of toxic attitude that gives gamers the negative sterotypes they deserveDoes the fact that other people are able to enjoy a game better now really offend you?  Do you lose your **** like this when the Super Guide or Golden Leaf appears in a modern Mario game because people were able to skip hard sections without getting good at them now?  The game can still be played just like the previous installments, just now people who aren't as good as you have help to enjoy them better.
I went to post more thoughts on Samus Returns and read this post again. I called his suggestion asinine, but I wrote two paragraphs to explain. His response still seemed a little extreme. I’ve gushed about the game numerous times in that thread. Samus Returns is good; the level design could be better. Was I being unfair?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:13:48 PM by Adrock »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:23 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it, mate. I saw that exchange yesterday and was a bit surprised myself at Luigi Dude's response. Aside from maybe the use of "asinine," I felt your post was fair and respectful.

I'm beginning to wonder if Luigi Dude is a reverse Ian Sane...