Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Federation Force Squad Goals  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: You vs Khushrenada 2: The Revenge! Gold Edition.
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »
Mario Kart 7 online. Your play is pretty expert at that and there were other things I picked up and learned while playing with you.

Luigi's Mansion 2 - You have played that online mode a heck of a lot as seen by your having the three E. Gadd medals and you are definitely an expert at it.

TriForce Heroes - I believe you've got all the costumes and have completed all 128 challenges and medals, no? That makes you the expert while playing with ejamer and myself.

Federation Force - You're weakest showing so far in playing with you online in that you haven't got all the mission medals although you have completed the game and gone through all the missions. Compared to pokepal and me who were just starting the game for the first time, you were still more of an expert at it than us. Now it has been revealed that you don't really know the Blast Ball mode so it continues to allow poke and myself some chance to catch up to your level for once.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2018, 08:32:43 PM »
What are you talking about? I don't even use Metal Mario, nor the Red Monster wheels or Dasher kart. What kind of expert is that?

Finding the ghosts in Luigi's Mansion 2 multiplayer is just luck of the draw that they appear.

Actually, NOPE! I checked the chart in Tri Force Heroes and there are 6 challenges left for me. All in world 8. By that time the game was about dead and it was tough to find someone competent enough to complete those. Or just someone not a troll. I also don't yet have the costume for completing the challenge gauntlet, the name of which escapes me at this time. It was added in a later update and the online community died quickly, so once again I couldn't find people patient enough to complete it. I also had just 26 single player medals, I gave it a good try but felt it was too boring.

I don't think completing a game is enough to make one an expert.

I s'pose I should probably just accept it as a compliment, hee hee. But sometimes I wonder if you've seen a real expert, then you'd see just how n00by I am at games.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2018, 08:50:35 PM »
I believe myself and Mop are in the same place in Monster Hunter but that's because she doesn't play that game so it's understandable that I've been able to catch up so easily.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
I've gotta have some yum-yums and then I'll be ready. How's about you guys?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2018, 07:20:08 PM »
I thought we were meeting in 40 minutes from now. That's when I'll be ready.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2018, 07:22:30 PM »
I'm ready now but I can wait.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
We didn't make a set time for tonight.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
Yeah, so I thought it was 8:00 PM EST. Anyways, ready and on Discord now.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2018, 08:18:45 PM »
So, I played single player in Federation Force for the first time yesterday. Mainly just to try Mission 6 and sure enough, got that mission complete with all medals like Pokepal148 theorized of it being very easy to do in single player. Frankly, I still like the idea and difficulty of 4 people trying to pull it off but whatever. Didn't try 4 or 7 on my own to see if that could be pulled off in Single as well but maybe later on I will. Still, that is just two missions now of the first twelve that need to be completed.

As we retry M13, I think it will help if we do have the full crew of 4 but what I also noticed near the end of our second attempt is that the architec balls would move around a bit on their own stopping usually at some doorways. Most of the level is composed of various loops. Thus, if we split into teams of two and each go on different sides of a loop to a doorway than the ball will have to head towards one of our pairs where we can shoot it down and catch it instead of chasing and chasing it down hallways or hoping to shoot it down by surprise.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
So, 8:00 PM EST is looking like the time I can meet up to begin this play session of MP:FF. Everyone else good with that?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »
Oh, did Thursday become a designated time or something? I must have missed the memo.

I can't right now but if you're still around later, I could jump in.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
Well, when we wrapped up last week, Pokepal asked if we were good to meet up for next Thursday and we all said yes but I guess we should have made a reminder about it sooner.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
Ah, yeah, I didn't remember it being something definite. I'm sorry.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2018, 06:02:26 PM »
I'm sorry things didn't go so well last night. I tend to get worse doing the same thing multiple times, my mind starts to get bored and wander off, losing focus. If we tried alternating between two missions, that might help for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
It's alright. It was an off night in general. I had the disconnect problems which slowed progress earlier with Pokepal and then I had to take a break to do some other things. We all had our troubles with M16 so I'm not upset with anyone or blaming anyone about it. We still did make some progress in the game and every little bit helps.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2018, 01:16:08 AM »
I finally got around to soloing M06 for the medals and I curbstomped the hell out of it without even trying. I've also been playing ahead again, that's been fun.

Edit: Khush, I challenge you to solo M20 and get 3 medals on it like I did.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:54:50 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:39 PM »
Why are we now playing this solo? I wanted to play this game in 4 player multiplayer like it was designed to be. I can play solo when the servers are dead.

I'm guessing you finished the game then since I think there are around 21 missions altogether. You still up for meeting to do online play?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
We? I'm not playing in solo. The only thing I did in solo was the stealth one since it was easy.

Perhaps now you know how I felt when you played Luigi's Mansion 2's multiplayer on your own. ;)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 09:44:59 PM »
Mission 21 is a bitch to deal with in solo. I just scouted ahead so I could unlock hard mode and hopefully farm some good mods out of that but Mission 21 actively conspires to be a massive pain in the ass to solo and is extremely tedious so that plan is out the window unless I can farm mods out of Mission 20. Also the way the narrative is set up there is at least one more mission past mission 21

I only 3 medale mission 20 because when I cleared it the first time I was literally 2000 points away from the third medal. Like mission 21, mission 20 actively conspires to be a pain to do solo, the difference is that mission 20 is honestly one of the best missions in the game while mission 21 is really tedious and unfun to do alone.

Also, for another mission that was easy to do Solo and get 3 medals for, mission 13, basically as long as you bring the 3 drones they'll do all the work and you just have to fight off the pirates. I literally got it the first try because I figured I could buff the drones with mods and they'd fight off the pirates for me but it wound up going the other way around.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:47:54 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 10:22:02 PM »
Then I may try M13 like that since I'm really not enthused about playing that one again. Part of me is proud that we managed to finish that mission as a two-man crew despite the difficulties and set-backs we endured in it. But that 26 minutes felt a lot longer and near the end once we were both fighting low health, I was fearing we were going to go down despite being close and the 1 orb away from completing the mission. I'd laugh if there was no change in that mission for Hard Mode. It's already difficult enough.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Yeah mission 22 is definitely the last mission in the game.

It's also a huge pain to deal with. That final boss man.

Edit: Beat it, apparently Hard Mode unlocks all of the stages at once so we can go beat our heads against the ice titans twice as many times in a row if we want.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:52:27 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2018, 02:51:13 AM »
I see you playing Federation Force without your squad. What, you think you're Samus now all of a sudden?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2018, 03:00:03 AM »
I'm too busy farming a **** ton of mods on hard mode mission 12. Just grab the mods and let the giant beetle monster kill you. It's great fun.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2018, 03:06:46 AM »
What do you need all the mods for? (Although this confirms you have now beat the game and continued progressing ahead on your own.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2018, 03:13:09 AM »
Because why not. You get like 6 of them in a 2-3 minute run. I might as well rack up a bunch of them and maybe have a copy of each mod.

Besides I must avenge the loss of my split warheads mod even though I already have two of the exact same mod from the exact same boss that stole it from me in the first place. :ph: