NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode - Hands-on Preview

(1/1)

the_dan_x:
Adventure mode is a trip from the past mixed in with frantic Warriors action!http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/preview/38373/hyrule-warriors-adventure-mode-hands-on-previewHyrule Warriors has quite a bit to offer in terms of content. Outside of the Legend and Free Modes, the game offers a trip down memory lane with Adventure Mode. Upon entering the mode, players are presented with a map from the original Legend of Zelda in its 8-bit glory. The map is littered with tons of in-game collectibles such as weapon upgrades, items, and even a few unlockable characters. Even though I spent roughly 10 hours playing through Legend Mode, Adventure Mode is where it’s at in terms of extending your time with the game. Players will have to unlock individual quadrants of the original Legend of Zelda map by playing through various Hyrule Warrior stages. Most of these are a bit more bite sized than what was found in Legend and Free Mode and can usually be completed somewhere between 15 to 20 minutes. A majority of the time, players are free to choose any character they like to tackle a mission. However, there are a few missions scattered throughout the map that require certain characters. The missions seem to always have players doing a handful of different things too, such as taking out a certain number of enemies in ten minutes, defeating two giant boss characters within a time limit, or simply taking out a series of bosses. The variety keeps it fresh, making you want to come back for more. Completing a stage on the map can open up other quadrants, give you weapon upgrades, and even give you items that can be used on the Adventure Mode map. The items are (and the characters, too) presented in their NES forms to match the aesthetic of the mode. If an item is hidden in a particular area, it is indicated on the top of the screen. These items can be unlocked after playing through that particular level. Pressing X on a part of the map allows an item to be used to search the map for a hidden area. For example, you are able to use the compass on the screen to unveil a secret location. If it’s something on a bush, you can use the candle to burn and reveal it, then play through the level to unlock it. You can only get certain map items from certain quadrants on the map, so stocking up on items will take some time. At over 30 hours played (mostly thanks to Adventure Mode), I’ve been surprisingly enjoying my experience with the game. The throwback graphics used in the Adventure Mode, even of characters that were not even around at the time (such as a 2D Shiek), are awesome and really showcase how much of a love letter to everything Zelda Hyrule Warriors strives to be. Legend Mode is a great place to start when playing Hyrule Warriors to get used to the combat and enemies. However, Adventure Mode is where you’ll more than likely be putting most of your time with this game. In case you missed it, the Hyrule Direct from earlier in the month highlighted the mode. You can get a glimpse of it in video form below starting around the 19:02 mark.

pokepal148:
alright boys and girls it's time for another round of "Find That Typo" here on NWR. see if you can find tonight's mystery typo, in the words of Danny Bivens, it's gonna be an 'aventure'

Thanks for tuning in folks, tonights episode has been brought to you by the Japanese 3DS Virtual Console, who's big recent #1 hit is 'NA'. Again thanks for watching be sure to come back next week.

Jet Pilot:
If you're going to be grammar police, then you should at least use proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation yourself.  Were you attempting to see how many run-on sentences you could fit into one post?  :-X

Why do people who don't like a particular site feel the need to frequent said site just for the purpose of complaining?  Don't you have better things to do with your time than reading things you don't enjoy?  There are plenty of sites I don't like.  You know how I handle them?  I don't visit those sites, because I have better things to do with my time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version