Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 409875 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #1125 on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
There is a rumor that The Devil's Third is exclusive coming to the Wii U in 2014.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 02, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »
It would be funny if Devil's Third was a Wii U exclusive.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 03, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »
What's funny about that?

This rumor probably started because Devil's Third no longer has a publisher after THQ went under. If I remember correctly, the game was (and currently still is) slated for PS3, 360, and PC. No Wii U version was announced though Tomonobu Itagaki is on record stating the game would run perfectly on Wii U since it uses the same engine as Darksiders II. Nintendo should consider publishing the game if only to lock up an exclusive. It probably won't sell spectacularly, but getting an exclusive title (and in a genre lacking on the console) for doing less work than it took to get Bayonetta 2 exclusive is a decent win.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:20 AM »
I had completely forgot about that game. I would buy it just to support the cause.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1129 on: January 05, 2014, 10:55:31 PM »
What's funny about that?

This rumor probably started because Devil's Third no longer has a publisher after THQ went under. If I remember correctly, the game was (and currently still is) slated for PS3, 360, and PC. No Wii U version was announced though Tomonobu Itagaki is on record stating the game would run perfectly on Wii U since it uses the same engine as Darksiders II. Nintendo should consider publishing the game if only to lock up an exclusive. It probably won't sell spectacularly, but getting an exclusive title (and in a genre lacking on the console) for doing less work than it took to get Bayonetta 2 exclusive is a decent win.

I think you kinda said what would be funny about that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 05, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
Funny isn't the adjective I would use, but to each his own.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 06, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
Pokemon rumor
http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/rumor-geno-provides-information-supposed-next-gen-pokemon-games-plus-minus/

It can actually be true given the position the WiiU is currently facing. I wont get my hopes up, but it makes sense for Nintendo to do something like this in order to seriously boost the sales of the system
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
I wait for Caterkillers take on this news as all of that Poketalk is gibberish to me.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 06, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »
Funny isn't the adjective I would use, but to each his own.

Joe Pesci ova here!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 06, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »
Pokemon rumor
http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/rumor-geno-provides-information-supposed-next-gen-pokemon-games-plus-minus/

It can actually be true given the position the WiiU is currently facing. I wont get my hopes up, but it makes sense for Nintendo to do something like this in order to seriously boost the sales of the system

There's no way that rumor is true. There's too much emphasis on story for a series that has only paid lip service to storytelling previously, and there are too many systems being rattled off.  We could very well see a console Pokemon game, but it won't be that one.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 06, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »
Pokemon rumor

There's no way that rumor is true. There's too much emphasis on story for a series that has only paid lip service to storytelling previously, and there are too many systems being rattled off.  We could very well see a console Pokemon game, but it won't be that one.

i agree with ya, but at some point there definitely some type of pokemon game coming to wii u
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1136 on: January 06, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »
I'm not buying that rumor for several reasons.  The biggest being that it mentions an "MMO".  Then there's the fact that we just got X and Y; this generation isn't even over yet.  Plus, I just can't believe that Nintendo's next platform is that close to ready.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 07, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
Honestly if I was Nintendo I probably start with a Pokemon Snap for Wii U because it is a wonderful excuse to have someone pay you to develop all the Pokemon Models and Assets that you need for even another Spin Off game for the Wii U.  Sell it at $30 or Less eShop only should make a nice little profit but, more importantly have a higher margin on the big game.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 07, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
Pokemon snap with the game pad as your camera and view finder makes to much sense too ever happen.

Nintendo mixing Snap with Colosseum and a decent 3D RPG into one game seems took much like dim meeting people might get excited over, so that's not gonna happen either.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 07, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
Pokemon snap with the game pad as your camera and view finder makes to much sense too ever happen.

Nintendo mixing Snap with Colosseum and a decent 3D RPG into one game seems took much like dim meeting people might get excited over, so that's not gonna happen either.
Forget about "a decent 3D RPG" and just replace that with the ability to play your copy of X or Y on the TV like you could do with the old games in Colosseum.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: January 07, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »
This Pokémon game is what the Wii U needs.

... so Nintendo will never make it because they won't recognize that they need it in the first place.  If Nintendo knew what they were doing, the Wii U wouldn't be the Wii U.

The only way I can see this happening is if Nintendo's plan all along has been to sit on any console Pokémon to save it for a rainy day when they need it to bail their console out and they're now there.

But seriously, we'll get Pikachu bowling or something lame like that.  The game suggested in that article is just way too fucking hip for Nintendo to be working on.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 07, 2014, 06:17:29 PM »
Well right now the most realistic Pokemon game for the Wii U is the fighting game, that they already hinted at back in August. 

The fact the trademark for Pokken Fighters was made after that, points heavily to it being made by the Tekken team with similar gameplay, and after Hyrule Warriors was recently announced, it's only a matter of time before this game is offically announced as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1142 on: January 07, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »
Well right now the most realistic Pokemon game for the Wii U is the fighting game, that they already hinted at back in August. 

The fact the trademark for Pokken Fighters was made after that, points heavily to it being made by the Tekken team with similar gameplay, and after Hyrule Warriors was recently announced, it's only a matter of time before this game is offically announced as well.

There are currently 51 fighting types in the world of Pokémon. 51 is a bit too much for a character lineup for a fighting game, so I'd assume, whoever is developing this game, would narrow the list of playables down to final evo forms. This leaves us with:

Primeape
Poliwrath
Machamp
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mewtwo (maybe Mewtwo X form)
Heracross
Hitmontop
Blaziken
Breloom
Hariyama
Medicham
Infernape
Lucario
Toxicroak
Gallade
Emboar
Conkeldurr
Sawk
Scrafty
Mienshao
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Keldeo (with ability to change Ordinary/Resolute forms)
Meloetta
Chesnaught
Pangoro
Hawlucha

Which leaves us with a roster of 29 fighting type Pokémon for a 3D Tekken-like fight game. I'm down for that. And that's a fairly reasonable roster of fighters, too. I suppose the developers could round out the roster at 30 by adding the comedy option character of Pikachu to the list, too.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline rlse9

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 07, 2014, 09:04:42 PM »
Why has Nintendo not made a regular Pokemon game for any of their home consoles?  It seems like it'd be insanely popular and sell tons of copies and help sell consoles.  I'm not a fan of the series but it just seems like it would make so much sense.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1144 on: January 07, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
It's a Nintendo-ism.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 07, 2014, 09:12:55 PM »
A Pokemon game for the Wii U could move the Wii U to eight million units. Although if Nintendo were to do something like, and it would be stupid not to, they could create two versions of the game and bundle each one seperately with the Wii U and make a killing in sales. Maybe even sell Pokemon edition Wii U gamepads at retail.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1146 on: January 07, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »
Why has Nintendo not made a regular Pokemon game for any of their home consoles?  It seems like it'd be insanely popular and sell tons of copies and help sell consoles.  I'm not a fan of the series but it just seems like it would make so much sense.

The outside company who actually develops the Pokemon game (GameFreak) believes the games are meant to be portable experiences so everyone can carry their story around.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »
It's official: Next Level Games is now a second party developer for Nintendo.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 10, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
It's official: Next Level Games is now a second party developer for Nintendo.

Here at NWR, and especially in one of my threads (;)) we like to provide a source with our news so that the reader can get the whole story beyond the headline or bolded quote provided.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/205707/Next_Level_Games_Working_with_Nintendo_making_a_studio_great_for_developers.php

Can't just expect us to take your word for it and not provide any context or source for the news.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »
For some reason links are not showing up in my responses. Perhaps they have been disabled?