Author Topic: Medal of Honor...... Still Too Soon?  (Read 10648 times)

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: Medal of Honor...... Still Too Soon?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »
Maybe it's time we just pull out of the two wars we're in? That way, it'd be in the past and okay to base fiction upon, right? Hell, think of all of the good things that money could go to one we stop wasting it on an endless war!

Knock it off!  Can't you read the sign?  NO POLITICS!

This entire topic only exists because of political motives.

The game is politically themed. The game is being boycotted and censored because of political reasons. Better lock down the entire thread, since the mods like censorship so much.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:42:24 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 10:20:18 AM »
Dude, I respect that you have an opinion on the matter but that was WAY over-the-top.   ::)
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
im not too fond on FPSs but i have played some call of duty, but frankly i think MOH crossed the line making the game about a current war where people are dying as of now, i dont think its was a smart move by ea and for that sole reason it will never be on the same par as call of duty
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »
Dude, I respect that you have an opinion on the matter but that was WAY over-the-top.   ::)

I disagree. Certain thing need to be said. It is because too many people are afraid to speak up that evil occurs. Not in relation to this game or its censorship, but the culture of fear that surrounds happenings like it. However, we may never get the chance to discuss that, as the mods have such vague, self-serving guidelines.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 08:16:42 PM »
True that!!
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »
I disagree. Certain thing need to be said. It is because too many people are afraid to speak up that evil occurs. Not in relation to this game or its censorship, but the culture of fear that surrounds happenings like it. However, we may never get the chance to discuss that, as the mods have such vague, self-serving guidelines.

Yeah, well either way the forum on a Ninteno fansite is about the last place in the world where something like that should be discussed. Don't you agree this is the wrong site to be used for a political soapbox? I'm not saying I agree or disagree with what you're saying, all I'm saying is I disagree with you saying it HERE. Post your political opinions in a more appropriate place. This site is for video gaming. I like to come here to get away from political ****, and you're ruining my sanctuary by dragging in the very sort of stuff I want to avoid. Go ahead and call Rush Limbaugh or Obama and tell them what you think about politics, because if you're not talking about Mario or Metroid then I don't want to hear it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:54:57 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »
Is this an inappropriate venue for a political soapbox? I think that it is called for in this particular discussion, as politics are closely tied to the reason the game exists and the reasons it is being altered.

That said, I wonder if you really think that you can escape politics by creating said sanctuaries? You know that it's all around you, right? While there is nothing wrong with entertainment and relaxation, I think that zoning out and putting ones head in the sand is about as damaging for civilization as anything could be. ;)

Now, I've never been much of a fan of Medal of Honor. The first two Call of Duty games and all of the Wolfenstein titles were about the only fun I've ever had with a war game. Modern combat situations are boring and I see them as little more than an extension of slow, mediocre titles like the old Tom Clancy crap and Counter-Strike. My opinions of the genre aside, I think that EA should have stood their ground. They have no one to offend. If anything, being pressured into censoring a "work of art" would offend those that fought and died to preserve out rights and way of life. Either way, it's been great publicity for the game, and that's all that really matters when it comes right down to it as far as EA is concerned.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
I'm not trying to escape politics. Political discussion is important, but I don't need every discussion I have to become that. It's not a black and white scenario where we have to either talk about politics all the time or else completely ignore them; I can be aware of politics, and actively discuss them part of the time while doing other things independent of them the rest of the time. This time of year is political overload, and its nice to be able to take a break from it for a little while to talk about games.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:57:38 PM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Morari, knock it off.  You're lucky another mod got here first because I would have temp. banned you.

This is your last warning--do not discuss politics of any nature on these forums.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!