Author Topic: The first 100 days of the new administration  (Read 8532 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
The first 100 days of the new administration
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:59:16 PM »
Yesterday marked the end of the first 100 days of the new administration.  I'm referring to Lindy's bloodless coup of NWR that took place in January (all smotherings).

What has changed since Lindy came into power?  Not much that I'm aware of.  Other than the rocking 10-year anniversary spectacular, I can't think of anything that's made the past three months stand out from any previous 3 months.

We were promised a transparent administration, with more accountability.  I have seen no such thing.

We were promised video reviews.  Other than a DSi-unboxing video I haven't seen anything even remotely close.  (Give me We Cheer or give me death!)

And has he finally gotten around to beating Super Mario Galaxy?  Not to know knowledge.

Previous dictators--er, directors--campaigning for their new comrade, promised us a new site layout.  100 days and nothing.  (Lock MegaByte in a closet and don't let him out until he finishes!)

Lindy wowed us with his silky smooth voice--and head--and we believed him.  (Well, not everyone was a believer.  But they have been silenced!)  And where did it get us?  Nothing but false hopes and a broken heart.

Re-elections are coming up in a mere 1,286 days.  If I don't see some drastic changes soon we will be singing Kairon in 2012!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The first 100 days of the new administration
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
Well, we have a youtube page and we are getting videos on there. He hired a few new people and news is quite frequent now.

It wasn't an instant transformation but, then again, things like this take time when they are volunteer based.

I know you mean it in jest mostly, but I'm satisfied with the direction things are going and am excited for the future.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:42:54 PM »
Alright, I gotta give him the news thing--it's improved tenfold over the past few months.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »
Alright, I gotta give him the news thing--it's improved tenfold over the past few months.
Which means I can relax somewhat.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:39:40 PM »
And remember, you can always vote Khushrenada. My ship is sure to come in and when it does, I'll start a campaign even greater than the one I had before which brought me into office until I had to step down right after winning due to some "fraudulent" "actions" by my "campaign" "manager". But you can't keep a "good" "man" down.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:20:13 AM »
You know, I can clue you in on what is going on with everything mentioned here. But simply put, I don't care about you :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »
Pap and Flames have kept the page very full of late. Pity they don't know they have set themselves standards now ;)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 12:05:33 PM »
Hardcore forum-goers aren't NWR's focus anymore.  There's a lot of casual readers out there (a.k.a. the Blue Ocean) who actually read the front page (a.k.a. the White Ocean).

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:10:17 PM »
We were promised video reviews.  Other than a DSi-unboxing video I haven't seen anything even remotely close.  (Give me We Cheer or give me death!)

Yeah... that umm... We Cheer video... my bad...

He hired a few new people and news is quite frequent now.

As previous News Editor... my bad again. T_T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 06:21:10 PM »
You mean your not a news editor anymore?
What are you? Did you get a promotion?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 01:56:15 AM »
I am a worm... A MERE WORM!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »
So your a news writer?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 02:29:30 AM »
Tune into the Sunday talkshows.  Myself, and the other members of the inner-circle, are doing the rounds tomorrow.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 02:44:47 AM »
What talkshows?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 06:26:53 AM »
I think he cryptically means podcast.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:12 AM »
I was hoping for This Week.  :(

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
I was going to talk about this in an editorial, but since it's been brought up here I'll address all of these issues and concerns.

What has changed since Lindy came into power?  Not much that I'm aware of.  Other than the rocking 10-year anniversary spectacular, I can't think of anything that's made the past three months stand out from any previous 3 months.

You say that like it's a bad thing.  I actually went out of my way to make sure that things kept on track, and I think they have for the most part.

We were promised a transparent administration, with more accountability.  I have seen no such thing.

I simply haven't had anything new or provocative to announce.  Don't mistake that for a lack of activity behind the scenes, though.

My exact words were: "We have other things to take care of on the reviews side of things right now, but we're definitely considering it where we feel it would be entertaining and different."  And I stand firmly behind that.

And has he finally gotten around to beating Super Mario Galaxy?  Not to know knowledge.

My administration does not discuss details regarding what games we have and haven't finished.

Previous dictators--er, directors--campaigning for their new comrade, promised us a new site layout.  100 days and nothing.  (Lock MegaByte in a closet and don't let him out until he finishes!)

This is strictly classified, but my administration continues to examine any and all avenues regarding the upgrading of the site.

My people, prepare for E3 and rejoice that we live in a website that allows you to freely bash Microsoft and Sony without fear of reprisal.  A website that encourages casualcore gaming and waggle, and allows a Wii Sales Thread to continue unfettered for years!  These are truly the Golden Years, and we have earned it!  GO FORTH AND GAME!  GOD BLESS NINTENDO WORLD REPORT!
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »
Any other time this site changed directors I have never noticed an immediate huge change.  And I think that's a good thing.  This is a great site and there's nothing wrong with sticking with a good thing.  It has always appeared that the priority of the director, regardless of who it is, has been to keep this site great.  So I don't expect a huge change since one isn't really needed.  Things will change gradually over time and I have noticed the news is much more current.  But it's not like the site was broken and Lindy had to do a complete overhaul of it.

NWR is somewhat at the mercy of what's going on with Nintendo currently.  It's always a more fun place to be around when there's big Nintendo related news or a big game has been released.  It has been a while since Nintendo released a really huge game that everyone's playing and they're much quieter with announcements and such.  Since Lindy took over has anything REALLY interesting been going down with Nintendo?  Not really.  It's a bit of a drought on the Wii right now.  But at E3, this place will probably be rocking since we're back to having REAL E3s again and I expect this site to cover E3 as well as it has in the past and I expect the forums to be busy discussing E3.  It should be good!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
Any other time this site changed directors I have never noticed an immediate huge change.  And I think that's a good thing.  This is a great site and there's nothing wrong with sticking with a good thing.  It has always appeared that the priority of the director, regardless of who it is, has been to keep this site great.  So I don't expect a huge change since one isn't really needed.  Things will change gradually over time and I have noticed the news is much more current.  But it's not like the site was broken and Lindy had to do a complete overhaul of it.

NWR is somewhat at the mercy of what's going on with Nintendo currently.  It's always a more fun place to be around when there's big Nintendo related news or a big game has been released.  It has been a while since Nintendo released a really huge game that everyone's playing and they're much quieter with announcements and such.  Since Lindy took over has anything REALLY interesting been going down with Nintendo?  Not really.  It's a bit of a drought on the Wii right now.  But at E3, this place will probably be rocking since we're back to having REAL E3s again and I expect this site to cover E3 as well as it has in the past and I expect the forums to be busy discussing E3.  It should be good!

Actually, the GDC conference along with the announcement of the storage solution and Zelda Spirit Tracks brought a lot of hits to the site despite this being a tame conference in contrast to E3.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
E3 is when those weirdos suddenly join then stop posting after 2 weeks.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
E3 is gonna be great.  We have a lot of people there and should have some really good coverage.  I'm looking forward to it (even though I won't be there).
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »
E3 is gonna be great.  We have a lot of people there and should have some really good coverage.  I'm looking forward to it (even though I won't be there).

Woo! E3 2009! FTWWTFBBQ!!!!
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
I liked it when SEAL team 6 shot those pirates.
Wait, what are we talking about?

I think one of the strongest things NWR has going for it are the personalities Unfortunately, the front page and the lack of graphics don't help promote the personalities. The video unboxings have been nice though. Maybe Greg "sexy voice" Leahy could do audio reviews?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »
Navy SEALs are rad.  Where will they show up next?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 12:56:19 AM »
This is strictly classified, but my administration continues to examine any and all avenues regarding the upgrading of the site.
Does this mean that you fully acknowledge and support the use off "enhanced improvement techniques"?

And since you won't be using your ticket/press pass.... mind if I use it instead?
I'll take pictures and video and stuff. Think of me as FRE3LANCE ;)