Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674429 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2925 on: December 17, 2022, 03:23:41 PM »
Curry is hurt.... :(
minor dislocation or something of the left shoulder. 2 weeks out. So he gonna miss the much hyped Xmas Game v the Grizz

it's a shame, because The Grizz are rolling and Ja is usually very fun to watch.

speaking of which.... anybody checking out the NBA Ref Snitch account on youtube? pointing out all the missed travels and carries of individual players. Some of them so blatant and repetitive, it really is terrible to see everyone continually get away with it 98% of the time. Ja was one of a few  really bad offenders in this area from recent videos released.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxpE3xOCiA

anyway....
With Steph injured, it's time for everyone, especially Jordan Poole, to become ROAD WARRIORS and start picking up the slack. Maybe Wiseman gets an early chance to prove he's made advancements in the G league that translate to NBA playtime.

I'm just hoping this next stretch of losses doesn't push us too far down to still make the play-in or better.... The West still isn't won, and no one has run away with anything just yet.

We likely to write this next stretch a loss (2w/4L).... hoping we get Steph back 12/30 v Portland, because Steph loves to play Dame.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: January 13, 2023, 01:48:22 AM »
Klay is a shell of his former self
Just really glad you were wrong about this.

I normally don't like unsportsmanlike conduct, but this is my favorite thing that's happened this season so far: Klay Thompson taunts Dillon Brooks while he's on the ground after hitting a shot.

Dillon started it last season. If you're going to run your mouth, be prepared when **** like this happens.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: January 13, 2023, 04:05:59 AM »
I'm glad I was wrong about it too.

Now if I can just be wrong about Jordan Poole.... we can have a decent squad at home and on the road. The last 3 loses were all unfortunate, and we realistically could have and should have won them all.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2928 on: January 13, 2023, 07:24:48 PM »
Well I am beyond heated about the calls at the end of the game and throughout the Mavs vs Lakers game.

Troy Brown Jr was clearly hit on the hand but their BS report is that Troy's shot was blocked and there was a follow through for a high 5 and that follow through high 5 is allowed.  What nonsense is that??   Argh!!!!

That screw up caused the Lakers to prevent them from leap frogging up to 10th in a 3 way tie and now we are below the Thunder who is probably upset about the call since it affects the Wemby chances.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: January 13, 2023, 09:31:03 PM »
There's plenty of season to tank left. I'm sure the Thunder will be fine 😉

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: January 13, 2023, 10:34:40 PM »
Even if the NBA wants to claim high-five contact, Hardaway still bumps into Brown in the air and ends up in his landing space which absolutely is a foul. Beyond that, there was enough fuckery elsewhere like two missed foul calls in 1OT, one of which was Luka with five fouls.

Still, if LeBron doesn’t shoot 0% from the three-point line and/or the team doesn’t shoot 63% from the foul line, maybe this isn’t even a conversation. Also, LeBron insisting that Ham use the Coach’s Challenge when he wasn’t even in foul trouble really could have been useful at the end there. And beyond that, maybe double team Luka or simply foul him before he even takes a three pointer (which the Lakers inexplicably didn’t do twice), and force him to pull off another miracle miss-free-throw-rebound-and-score like he did against the Knicks. The officiating was buttcheeks all game, but let’s not act like the Lakers didn’t make some costly mistakes on their own. Seriously, make one extra free throw in regulation. 🤦â€â™€ï¸
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 10:46:26 PM by Adrock »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: January 15, 2023, 10:26:18 AM »
It may seem silly to care about who the sponsor is on your team's building, but as someone who was there when the Jazz's current arena opened in 1991 this story just makes me smile.

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-jazz-news-recent/2023/1/14/23555527/the-delta-center-is-back-utah-jazz

After 20 years of actual toxic waste companies and smart home manufacturers slapping their name on our building, the Jazz will once again be playing in the Delta Center starting in July. That building has always been "The Delta Center" to me, and this just feels like an old friend coming home.

There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2932 on: January 18, 2023, 01:06:35 AM »
It may seem silly to care about who the sponsor is on your team's building, but as someone who was there when the Jazz's current arena opened in 1991 this story just makes me smile.

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-jazz-news-recent/2023/1/14/23555527/the-delta-center-is-back-utah-jazz

After 20 years of actual toxic waste companies and smart home manufacturers slapping their name on our building, the Jazz will once again be playing in the Delta Center starting in July. That building has always been "The Delta Center" to me, and this just feels like an old friend coming home.

Broodwars do you comment on SLC dunk?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:50 AM »

No, never got around to creating a profile over there. It's just a very handy site to check for Jazz news.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2934 on: January 19, 2023, 10:38:36 PM »

No, never got around to creating a profile over there. It's just a very handy site to check for Jazz news.

Ah reason why I asked was I am apart of the wider community underneath the SB Nation umbrella and was wondering if I saw you there.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: January 21, 2023, 02:43:34 AM »

Also, because Dillon Brooks is New Pat Bev® for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awRpOQR9sIE

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2936 on: January 21, 2023, 11:09:45 PM »
That Grizzlies vs Lakers game was a roller coaster.  Not only on the court but that squable at half time with Tee Morant and Shannon Sharpe.   I was losing my mind the last 5 minutes of the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: January 23, 2023, 12:06:15 AM »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: January 23, 2023, 10:41:00 AM »
Oh man! I haven't seen that meme in so long! Thanks for reminding me of that one. Classic!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: January 23, 2023, 02:21:15 PM »

🤣🤣🤣

Lakers got the job done. Can't say the same for my Dubs....
Wiggins is still not back to form, Klay was back to forcing shots when others stand around him open.... Poole losing the ball at the end of the game has become something to expect at this point.
This was Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory game. Not like the Blazers blowing a huge lead, but the Warriors failing to get a huge lead in the first place, when it was very possible.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 02:22:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: January 29, 2023, 12:03:05 AM »
Anyone watch that Lakers Celtics game?

has there been a worse referre'd 4th quarter specifically so far this season?
Calling fouls that didn't happen... both ways, missing obvious fouls that the Ref was literally staring at from several feel away (Lebron Layup end of Regulation), stupid flagrants....
This 4th quarter was just fucking awful, and despite all that, the Lakers should've won in regulation.... but apparently, just as when Embiid help WB's wrist a few weeks ago, apparently Tatum didn't slap Lebron's arm down on that layup to end the game.

Lakers gave up in OT.... AD not getting back on D and just watching Brown run past him... that's when I knew it was over... even though there was still about 2.5m left in the game. and then WB with the block by the rim....smfh. comical, especially since Lebron was open in the corner right in front of him.

I feel Lebron's frustration.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: January 29, 2023, 12:39:21 AM »
Anyone watch that Lakers Celtics game?
Of course, I did. Bad reffing cost the Lakers three games definitely, possibly four. It is what it is.

Lakers gave up in OT
Ehh, I felt they were deflated from that non-call. They kept it within reach despite the circumstances. I give Davis a pass. This was his second game back, and he played well over his 20-24 minute minutes restriction.

This game isn’t close if Westbrook is average. The Lakers lost leads every time homeboy checked into the game. And if Pat Bev makes that one free throw, maybe we don’t have this conversation. If he doesn’t foul Brown, maybe we don’t have this conversation. That putback dunk was filthy though.

Also, Pat Bev is disgustedupvote.jpeg for me, but showing the camera to the ref was hilarious. I saw this on Reddit:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:47:12 AM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: February 01, 2023, 11:07:44 PM »
Holy **** at this Warriors game tonight..... I just .... can't.

of all the things that went wrong, they literally stall in the last 5 seconds to give the Warriors an opportunity to challange that foul on Klay's pass, which was called a foul on Looney who didn't even touch anyone (it was Klay being hit trying to pass to Looney)... Game was tied, Warriors in the bonus...

If Kerr had called the challenge and won (he would've, they showed the replay), Klay would've had 2 Free Throws to put the Warriors in the lead with under 5 seconds in regulation. Then we don't need to watch the Ice Cold Dubs Show continue to **** the bed in the 4th and OT.
What a disaster.... and now the Dubs fall from 5th to 8th in one loss.

So many things led to the loss tonight, but the above mentioned could've bailed them out of this one, and not put as much pressure on having to play the Nugz tomorrow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: February 02, 2023, 09:11:40 PM »
True, but the it's very likely had they called that foul (like they should have), Lebron would've made attleast 1 of the 2 freethrows and the game would've been over. Then that Pat Bev moment would've never needed to happen.

Just like the one in the 76er game against WB where Embiid was literally holding WB's wrist for a solid second or two.

and the other 2 games where the same exact thing happened.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:14:20 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2944 on: February 03, 2023, 02:45:35 PM »
This ref nonsense has cost the Lakers 4 games.  Had those games gone the other way the Lakers would be the 4th or 5th seed instead of 11th and with a win versus the Pelicans on Saturday another game up in the standings.

There were the Mavs, 76ers, Kings and Celtics games the refs screwed up. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: February 08, 2023, 08:24:08 PM »
Saw this on Reddit.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: February 08, 2023, 10:30:36 PM »
Saw this on Reddit.

This trade just completely baffles me. We traded away 4 of our best players + two 2nd round picks...for a written-off Westbrook and a protected 2027 Laker 1st round pick. Like, what was even the point? Yeah, we shed $60 million in salary. And? What now, Ainge?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2947 on: February 09, 2023, 11:56:36 AM »
I saw a tweet mentioning that Westbrook didn't hug LeBron after he broke the scoring record. Which, I mean, can you blame him?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: February 10, 2023, 04:23:02 AM »
I saw a tweet mentioning that Westbrook didn't hug LeBron after he broke the scoring record. Which, I mean, can you blame him?

I saw a video of AD sitting on the bench, and uninterested in Lebron breaking the record.
But AD really didn't seem into the game at all.

But Trade Deadline was interesting.

Kyrie to Mavs
KD to Suns
WB to the Jazz.... likely to be bought out and then to the Clips or the Heat
John Wall back to the Rockets....
Warriors finally dump Wiseman, and turn that into getting GPII back
DLo to the Lakers
Beverly to.... the Magic?
Conley to the Timberwolves
Mo Bamba to the Lakers....

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

I'm glad the Warriors finally got rid of the 2nd or 3rd year Wiseman who still couldn't figure out how to play with the team. He really needed to go to a non-contender and find his game or run out his contract. Dubs don't have the cushion to coach him on court, since we still fighting to pull everything else together just to make the playoffs.

Oh and the best story I heard, was that the Heat were ready to deal Lowry to the Clippers, but the Heat Front Office couldn't get ahold of Pat Riley in time to finalize the details before the deadline..... because Pat Riley is old and was taking a nap.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2949 on: February 10, 2023, 12:05:16 PM »

I saw a video of AD sitting on the bench, and uninterested in Lebron breaking the record.
But AD really didn't seem into the game at all.

That's par for the AD course though. It's why Pels fans don't miss him much.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.