NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Dragon Quest XI Announced for Nintendo 3DS, Considering NX

(1/3) > >>

Br26:
More slime filled adventures await in the future!http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40829/dragon-quest-xi-announced-for-nintendo-3ds-considering-nxSquare Enix in a video presentation today announced the next main entry in the Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest XI, for the Nintendo 3DS, as well as the Playstation 4 and Nintendo's upcoming system, currently codenamed the NX.Footage was shown of the 3DS version during the event. This version showed 3D graphics on the top screen and 2D sprites on the bottom. It also showed battles in both 2D and 3D. At the very end of the event, it was announced that XI, along with Dragon Quest X, will be making it's way to the Nintendo NX as well. The director of the game will be Takeshi Uchikawa.It was noted in the conference that they aim to release this on Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary, which is next year. But no solid release date has been announced.UPDATE: SquareEnix's Japanese PR statement indicates the company is "considering" the NX.

Enner:
The 3DS version looks brilliant and dastardly with it's nostalgia mining. I know the PS4 version is way early, but the 3DS version just looks a lot better to me at the moment.

The announcement of an NX is rather huge, depending on how privy Square Enix is to what the NX is. The PS4 version of DQ XI is running on Unreal Engine 4, so this means that the NX is or will support Unreal Engine 4. Also, this gives hope that the horsepower of the NX is comparable to the PlayStation 4. Lastly, this erases any doubt that the NX isn't a dedicated home console.

Or does it? The NX version could be an upgraded 3DS version which will give a nod to the "NX is the hybrid" camp.

Ah, this raises more questions than answers!

TOPHATANT123:
Hurray! I would buy this in a heartbeat but Square Enix gonna Square Enix.

A new game announcement and we are still no closer to determining the nature of NX. I suppose this could mean NX is 2016 but it could also be a late port.

AlphaBeard:
Never played a Dragon Quest game outside of Dragon Warrior Monsters, probably should rectify that, but I am only excited about any NX news, I know this means very little, but its something.

Adrock:
The 3DS version is likely the handhelds-are-popular-in-Japan version.

I'm still betting on NX not being a hybrid given that Iwata basically said as much on more than one occasion. I think the NX version will be a port of the PS4 version or vice versa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version